It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levitating Girl in woods ...Russia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
The camera operator zooms in the minute he comes round the corner, I cant see why he would do that, i would pull the camera away and look, not instinctively focus and zoom in. Im going with hoax

DUDE! The guy who made the video says its fake! just READ THE DAMN TAGS AT YOUTUBE!

Acting like you need to analyse frame by frame etc.... Just read the freakin tags!
edit on 4-1-2011 by Alda1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
this video is fake...
pretty obvious if you take 5 mins to think about it

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
double post
edit on 4-1-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
That's levitation, Holmes. ha.

Honestly, I haven't LOL'ed this much at everyone's individual replies in awhile. This thread was hilarious. I needed the laugh. Thanks.

Gotta be somewhere, it's Hoax'O'clock.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thektotheg

and the hoax chant starts...
hoax hoax hoax...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
The camera operator zooms in the minute he comes round the corner, I cant see why he would do that, i would pull the camera away and look, not instinctively focus and zoom in. Im going with hoax

DUDE! The guy who made the video says its fake! just READ THE DAMN TAGS AT YOUTUBE!

Acting like you need to analyse frame by frame etc.... Just read the freakin tags!
edit on 4-1-2011 by Alda1981 because: (no reason given)

*dispenses valium to Alda1981.
Thanks for pointing out the tags, but the op in you tube says they found it on disclose tv not that they made it, so they listed a fake tag....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Anyone who believes that a guy was walking his dog 50 yards away from a levitating girl in the woods, is just plain desperate, gullible and must be bored with their own mundane life. I pity thee.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Anyone who believes that a guy was walking his dog 50 yards away from a levitating girl in the woods, is just plain desperate, gullible and must be bored with their own mundane life. I pity thee.

Getting desperate there, I see... Hey, debunking ain't easy!

Is this really the best the resident pseudo-skeptics can come up with? I'm disappoint.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zoomer72

Not too bad at all, a good example of illusion, and yes this is staged. The angle is classic. Normally this trick is done with wires hooked to a harness. Normally you would want the sun glaring directly at the camera because it hides the wires when the sun reflects off of it like in This example. I attempted to embed but it was not working from the host site.

The background here is all woods, no sun, at the distance from the camera man, it is possible that the wires get hidden be all the trees. Or it could have been done using software as in this example..

The toughest part of this trick is always the landing. It can be tough to lower someone down smoothly, and this is the part of the trick that convinces me that this is indeed staged. To start notice how she is floating? Look at her legs. She is being held up by the shoulders and the legs, which is why she is straight like a board. It is much the same thing people in a play would use to make Peter Pan fly around. Just before the girl makes her landing the camera man is moving the camera around, this is misdirection. However you do get just a few frames of the landing. If you watch very carefully, you catch a glimpse of her being lowered and the "mother" there to steady the child and they then run off. The top half of her body is lowered already, the lower half is the last to be lowered. She comes down at a bit of an angle. This video is an example of the landing and what to watch for...

Watch carefully and see her feet land much the same way as the "mother" is steadying her. Then they run off. Now this exit also screams trick to me. Notice how the bush is perfectly placed from the camera to allow for an escape? Does it maybe remind you of this....

It is the old vanishing trick. You use just about anything as a corner and run behind it and suddenly *poof* your gone.... it's magic.

Same trick, different take. Making someone appear who is not there at all. This trick is all about the camera angle. Once they explain the trick, watch it again and you will see the set up in the shadows on the ground. A little more practice and these kids might get the trick down.

So watching the exit, the landing, the camera angle... this is all staged in my opinion.

edit on 4-1-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This could be done extremely easily with just a piece of thin wire that doesn't show up on the poor quality video. The girl appears to be hanging from her waist. When the camera moves away for a second, then flashes back to her and she's down there can easily be a cut disguised in the shakey cam moment.

Anyone could make this video for the price of a bit of thin wire hung from a tree.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hey where did they find the Christine O'Donnell home movies?

Maybe she really is a witch.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikappa
Getting desperate there, I see... Hey, debunking ain't easy!

Is this really the best the resident pseudo-skeptics can come up with? I'm disappoint.

I'm not sure I understand your comment. How is my dismissal of this being real make me desperate?! This is my second post on the matter. Desperation would suggest I have made some redundant statement to convince you otherwise.

The best I can do is use the knowledge and education I have now, to determine the odds of this being a real event.

I don't believe everything I see. I truly pity anyone who thinks they can prove either stance, due to the crappy quality.

All I can do is offer my opinion, and I stand by it.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
reply to post by zoomer72

Thanks for the video.. Could that be a mother that use Chi powers on her daughter for Chi trainning ?

Here is another good video of levitating..

Youre welcome
, well i think at this point anything is possible, i really cant make any decision one way or the other just now as is this fake or real, i really do not know much about levitating or chi but i also cant see any wires ,or harnesses ,or cgi on that video, this is truly a puzzling piece ....

(i meant in the video i posted) thx for your video, puzzling too !!

edit on 1/5/2011 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by ommadawn
The onus is on the poster (yes the original poster) of the material to convince the audience that
what they have is factual.

It is not a game just chucking something you found in the trash can on stage and then demand that everyone debunk it.

Doesn't work like that, so all this "something I found on Youtube, that's all I know" crap doesn't really cut it anymore. Life is too short.

How about we start with date, time and location for this one?
Original poster please reply.

"But it's not my video.........."

Then go away.
Don't waste our time.

Sounds like an off-hand deflection of something you can't debunk to me.

The OP asked for opinions on the video. This is a discussion board. Meant to be used to DISCUSS things such as this. It is not up to the OP to sway anyone, if they simply wish to discuss it.

Perhaps YOU should stop wasting our time.

Thank you captaintyinknots!! you said all in your text that i would of said

I am not here to convince anybody in video being real or fake, i just like to have open mind about things and
like to know what is going on in the video... and so far i personally havent seen anything proving that its a fake... and actually want to thank those who are really trying to debunk this with some reasonable theories! instead of starting to bash everybody else with some stupid 1 or 2 liners etc...

well get to the bottom of this im sure of that!! cheers

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
No wires or CGI is always needed, but it is still a trick. Check out this video

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
This could be done extremely easily with just a piece of thin wire that doesn't show up on the poor quality video. The girl appears to be hanging from her waist. When the camera moves away for a second, then flashes back to her and she's down there can easily be a cut disguised in the shakey cam moment.

Anyone could make this video for the price of a bit of thin wire hung from a tree.

yes... possible! but then again ,could you point out where the wire is in the video/pictures? cause i cant see it?
as it is said many times here in ats ,picture or it didnt happen
anyways thanks for your opinion!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
I got a russian friend, I sent the youtube link and asked him if it's real. Lets wait for his answer. Anyway, look like the poor dog went nuts, dogs can't fake.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

Thank you!
please inform us what he answers! and im on the same line with you about the dog...
it seems it went bananas for some reason

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
No wires or CGI is always needed, but it is still a trick. Check out this video

yeap! thx for the video! that was a trick ofcourse i agree, but i think this dont aply to the forest video! how could of it been done in there? i mean without wires and such?

thx fo your opinion anyways
cheers!

damn i wish we could get hold of the original forest video....

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
i love this youtube comment

"Don't you just hate it when your levitating in the forrest and Tarzan comes and barks at you?"

hahaha, good stuff

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Oh, I'm sure you understand it. You're just playing dumb. Doesn't work so well when your previous post is still there for everyone to read though.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join