It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Reid : Paying income tax in America is voluntary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
He's double talking... and as always, he's full of it. I can't believe people in Nevada continue to elect that scumbag.

Of course the income tax is NOT VOLUNTARY. If you don't pay up the protection money, they raid you, kill you or imprison you.

He's quite right in some way... it's voluntary... for people like him, those ABOVE THE LAW.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I get what you're saying, but I also understand what Reid is saying. There doesn't seem to be a law to give the federal government the right to tax you in that manner, but if you don't pay the unjust tax they'll most likely bust down your door in swat gear. There have been employees of the IRS that have quit because they could not find the justification for the federal income tax and felt they were wrongly convicting people.

This link is to Aaron Russo's documentary 'America: Freedom to Fascism,' which digs into this subject.

video.google.ca...#
edit on 4-1-2011 by OrganicAnagram33 because: Substitution for misplaced word

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wow this video is shocking to see a senator finally admit that income tax is voluntary. He is 100% correct when he says that it is voluntary along with just about every law that has been written outside of the Constitution. Americans need to do more research on the issue of sovereignty and learn how our legal system truly works. Basically to put a long story short just about every person in the USA has a social security number which is a contract that says you must pay an income tax and you must follow all of their ridiculous rules and regulations. Now being that it is a CONTRACT it is voluntary and if its not voluntary than it goes against the rules of contract law and is an invalid contract to begin with. I STRONGLY suggest that every person on this site read Johnny Liberty's book The Global Sovereigns Handbook which explains what has happened to our country over the past 100 years and the method for taking it back and shutting down the whole corrupt system from the bottom up. It can be downloaded HERE. If only every person would realize this our country could be re-claimed and everyone could live a FREE and happy life. We do live in the land of the free but unless people KNOW their RIGHTS they have NONE.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
God Bless Jefferson Davis. The south should have won. The feds have way too much power. What I want to know is who do we elect and who do we hang to change things???

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Could this be a move to pair up with ron paul in 2012?

Ask welsley snipes what voluntary is senator reid.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSe7eNx
Wow this video is shocking to see a senator finally admit that income tax is voluntary. He is 100% correct when he says that it is voluntary along with just about every law that has been written outside of the Constitution. Americans need to do more research on the issue of sovereignty and learn how our legal system truly works. Basically to put a long story short just about every person in the USA has a social security number which is a contract that says you must pay an income tax and you must follow all of their ridiculous rules and regulations. Now being that it is a CONTRACT it is voluntary and if its not voluntary than it goes against the rules of contract law and is an invalid contract to begin with. I STRONGLY suggest that every person on this site read Johnny Liberty's book The Global Sovereigns Handbook which explains what has happened to our country over the past 100 years and the method for taking it back and shutting down the whole corrupt system from the bottom up. It can be downloaded HERE. If only every person would realize this our country could be re-claimed and everyone could live a FREE and happy life. We do live in the land of the free but unless people KNOW their RIGHTS they have NONE.

I will read this, it'll at least make me less desirable to be controlled by my freedoms.

2nd line

top topics

join