It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Courteous to the Dead for Pictures in Return?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I plan on trying this some day though right now it's been placed on the back burner. When I was working, I had a couple of friends tell me that they knew some paranormal investigators who were in college with them.

They explained to me that it is fairly difficult to capture any sort of photographic evidence of spirits in a cemetery if you simply show up on a random night and start snapping pictures. My friend went on to tell me that his buddies figured the spirits might have their own need for privacy, and they tried this experiment.

During the day, they went to a specific cemetery and kindly asked if the souls of the deceased would like to join them later when they came back. The students explained they wanted to get some pictures but wanted to give the spirits time to "get ready", if you will. When they returned later that night they took photographs of the cemetery and from what my friend claims, the photographs turned out pretty good.

My problem, and I know it will be all of your biggest problems with this thread, is that I never saw any of the pictures. It was here-say from the students to my friend to me. I didn't know the students, but I took my friend's word for it. I believe it is an interesting idea and worth a try. I cannot try it for myself at this time, but if anyone else would like to try it out, that would be great. Otherwise, please let me know what you think of the idea.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

# it. I'm gonna try this.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I would too, but like I said it's not that high up on my 'to do' list. Please, if you do let me know how it works out.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Would be interesting to try.. And its always a good idea to be courteous to the dead.. Ghosts can get vindictive if they feel that someone has insulted them.. If youve an asian market nearby get some hell money, paper clothes and items to burn for them along with joss sticks . And some fresh fruit to offer them when you make your request . Do it at sunset or just after dark as ghosts are more active after dark.. They may decide to honour your request if asked.. Best time would be during ghost month ( the 8th lunar month when the gates of hell are opened and the dead are allowed 30 days to once again walk the earth) also exercise caution not all ghosts are nice - some resent the living.. Good luck with your project if you attempt it..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

I've been doing paranormal investigations for quite a few years, and while I don't necessarily agree with ghost hunting in a cemetery (I think it's disrespectful), if you're going to ghost hunt in a cemetery, I agree that this would be the way to do it. I personally think the dead should ALWAYS be treated with respect. If anyone does this, please post the results.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies folks, and if I get a strong paranormal kick going again in my life, I might give this a shot too. Also, all those things you mentioned from the Asian market? I didn't know there was such a thing as hell money. I have this game for the PSP called WorkTimeFun (WTF) and you work to earn hell money. Hmm...probably just a spin on it for the game, but I had no clue such a thing really existed. Thanks too for the additional information

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I really don't like when the investigators on the TV programs are rude and otherwise do their little "provoking" routines. What the heck do they think gives them the right to talk to *people* that way?

I understand sometimes when it's been a reportedly harsh entity, who is menacing, but for the most part, it's quite rude and unnecessary. If they are there, then obviously they have experiened difficult events, as well as live there, while the investigators are just passing through. It's like going into someone's home, or their turf, and start yelling at them, calling them names, and making demands.

Anyway, a little off topic, but I wanted to voice that I support the idea of courtesy that is expressed here.
Good for you and your friend.

top topics

join