It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I tend to be a bit terse here on ATS and I apologise for that.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
One of my recent post made me realize that I come off sounding a bit terse and one-way. I just wanted people to know that I'm not unfriendly or anything. I'll try not be such a 'brick wall' all the time. I guess the sometimes aggravating nature of the Internet and forums in general make can make us a bit jaded or unapproachable at times.

Also,I respect everyone's posts and I will gladly thank you if you prove me to be wrong in my opinion rather than resorting to personal attacks. Not that I've ever done that,but just saying...

I've only been here a couple of months and I really enjoy batting ideas back and forth with all of you.

Cheers,

Jade

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

Like I give a crap about you seem to be terse and that sort of thing, as long as you are not trolling. You are expressing some sort of truth. I can handle that. Just don't call me a butthead. Cuz my daddy had a head that looked like a butt, and I didn't want to look like him. lol lol

This is really nice that you apologized. I can think of a whole lot of other ATS members who really, really need to apologize for their posts.

That's the way of the internet world. It's all much nicer face to face.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

Like I give a crap about you seem to be terse and that sort of thing, as long as you are not trolling. You are expressing some sort of truth. I can handle that. Just don't call me a butthead. Cuz my daddy had a head that looked like a butt, and I didn't want to look like him. lol lol

This is really nice that you apologized. I can think of a whole lot of other ATS members who really, really need to apologize for their posts.

That's the way of the internet world. It's all much nicer face to face.

Great reply. Thanks for that. I guess you're right,it doesn't matter as long we aren't intentionally baiting others or behaving in a way which is clearly out of bounds.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It's difficult to encompass ones personality and intentions based on script. Personally I am avid about neutral words and writing, however I always love someone who isn't afraid to speak their mind. I love my ideas and beliefs to be challenged , because I seek truth instead of seeking answers through a bias lense . I say, that if you have to open a thread to explain yourself , you are judging yourself too hard. There is always a critic , and the internet is the gallery of rudeness. Sometimes we need to be crass , and sometimes our passions overcome us. Anyone online , faced with a myriad of opinionated people should guard their heart , because nothing should be taken there.

ohh and if anyone calls me a butthead , I will break out into childish laughter , that word always makes me chuckle.
edit on 4-1-2011 by paleorchid13 because: added a p.s.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by paleorchid13
It's difficult to encompass ones personality and intentions based on script. Personally I am avid about neutral words and writing, however I always love someone who isn't afraid to speak their mind. I love my ideas and beliefs to be challenged , because I seek truth instead of seeking answers through a bias lense . I say, that if you have to open a thread to explain yourself , you are judging yourself too hard. There is always a critic , and the internet is the gallery of rudeness. Sometimes we need to be crass , and sometimes our passions overcome us. Anyone online , faced with a myriad of opinionated people should guard their heart , because nothing should be taken there.

ohh and if anyone calls me a butthead , I will break out into childish laughter , that word always makes me chuckle.
edit on 4-1-2011 by paleorchid13 because: added a p.s.

Right, I see you point. I just didn't want anyone to think I am a real 'you know what'. It's difficult to convey your true personality through the Internet sometimes. I'm here to make friends,not get people peeved at me for the wrong reasons. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive. Probably.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Nice post. Well thought out and sincere.

We all get caught up in "the moment" from time to time, where we're convinced the other person is wrong and where being civil isn't exactly considered as our first priority in getting our point(s) across. In fact, I'll bet that almost every single person reading this thread, despite how nice they are or can be or how "good" a member they are will have a post somewhere on the boards that they'd rather forget because they got all hot headed and couldn't help but call someone an idiot.. or worse.

Like you say, It's just the nature of the Internet, but especially on a site like ATS where we argue every single day. All that matters IMO is that you learn (or at least try to learn) from your mistakes - ones which everyone makes - Not dwell on It and simply and move.

Also,I respect everyone's posts and I will gladly thank you if you prove me to be wrong

If only everyone did.

new topics

top topics

join