It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was watching the original V series marathon today and it made me feel bad for my wife.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
See there is this part where the reporter guy comes home to see his kid and the Mom is all upset cause she thinks the Dad is the favorite cause he rides around in space ships while she stays home and makes pizza.

It reminds me of my wife telling me I am the favorite parent cause I do the fun stuff with our son. She is a stay at home mom and I work nights so that plays into it a lot. I get in bed about 6:30 on mornings I work and wake up around 12 to take my son for the day. I'll get dressed and eat a pop tart and my kid is usually ready to go so we are out. From there I'll usually saddle up a horse and we will ride fences and check the cows or we will go fishing, he has a power wheels jeep and a bike he rides sometimes. If the cows need hay I throw him up on my lap and we get a few bails. In the summer we swim in the winter we sled. We play sports and other things as well. We are outside 350 days a year for at least 2 hours and most days it is till 530 when I go inside eat and leave fro work by 630.

My wife on the other hand is not an outside person so they do crafts and play with his toys read books and watch movies when I'm gone. I am not going into detail about what they do more cause I'm not sure on the details than trying to hint that she doesn't spend time with him cause trust me I come home in the morning and my tables are covered with things they make and he learns a lot with her.

The point is it bothers her cause he gets upset when I leave a lot of days cause we were busy playing when I made him come in and she thinks he would never notice if she wasn't there until I took him to a baby sitter so I could work. She doesn't believe that he asks about her when we are outside either. She also points out that when I am off the come inside time moves up till past dark.

I just feel bad cause I know that he acts like that when I leave cause he doesn't have the option to see me till morning where as his mom is just inside the house I just feel bad.

Doesn't bother her all the time just every now and again. It also isn't bothering her as much now that he is in school cause she sees he likes going to school and that I miss him and it kinda gets me when he has fun without me. lol.

I guess its funny how art imitates life is what I am getting at.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Man, you are doing what you can. You are providing for your wife and your son. And she is doing what she can too. Maybe, though this is a lousy time for it, you could find another job.

I don't know what to tell you, I can't even have.a kid myself. But I feel your angst. I think the kid will turn out well cause he has a loving and caring dad and mom.

Believe me, women are wonderful and magical and they understand so much more than us guys do. Talk with her about what you are feeling.

You have a family and are doing your best by them. That is not a fault; it is a tribute to you.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Awww, she is a bit jelous, but I'll tell you what, I am sure she is quite thankful to have a husband who does so much with his child. She will see in time that she is loved and appreciated.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Job is fine I only work like 4 days a week cause I work long nights and even then I have him 5 hours out of the day. If anything my wife is the one I don't spend enough time with. I get up earlier fri thru mon as well I think the only way I could spend more time with him would be to not work.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Boys will be boys...especially those that live in a place where they go check the cows, ride horses, etc. Who's going to stay inside? Even I don't stay inside when at a friend's ranch. We're always either ridin' or going out in the trekker and taking care of different chores. For him, it's work, for me, it's different and fun.

I'm sure mom realizes it...even if she gets a bit down about it sometimes.

She could always try to find some fun things to do with him inside, like video games or some kind of craft project that isn't girly... Things would likely be reversed if you had a little girl you know....

new topics

top topics

join