It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US cable leaks' collateral damage in Zimbabwe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

US cable leaks' collateral damage in Zimbabwe

www.guardian.co.uk

When WikiLeaks whistleblowers began circulating in April footage of a 2007 Iraq war incursion in which US military personnel unwittingly killed two war correspondents and several civilians, the international community was aghast at the apparent murder. With sobering questions on the material's full context largely falling on deaf ears, the group was free to editorialise the scene as it pleased: "collateral murder".
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 1/4/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/4/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
(1) Clearly the Mugabe regime is a brutal dictatorship, Tsvangirai is 1,000-times better than Mugabe and he's obviously put his dues in fighting Mugabe's thuggery. However, I can't imagine any circumstance in which I'd collude with a foreign power to help toughen and expand sanctions against my country of citizenship. Maybe he should be indicted for Treason.

(2) The Guardian, of all papers, has railed against WikiLeaks for the danger it's put Tsvangirai in ... meanwhile, WL - moments ago, tweeted that the cable in question was originally published by the Guardian itself!

To wit:

"It is not acceptable the Guardian to blame us for a cable the Guardian selected and published on Dec 8 is.gd... "

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hi,

I am now 100% certain that wikileaks is just their for political gain and to keep the Sheeple looking everywhere but where they should be looking.

Most are blind, soon they will see, but will it be too late?

My 2peneth.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think this is warning sign of things to come.The fallout from WL hasn't begun to fully materialize yet. Once it does,look out. It's going to get really ugly.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It may be that the Guardian has succombed to the pressure and is now working for other than the common good.
It is imaginable that the very newspapers who Wikileaks has trusted to do the vetting, have been turned and now work for those who wish to destroy wikileaks.
The revalations of the next while will be worth paying attention to, in this light...What kind of damage can this do to Wikileaks?
If a lot of it shows up,(that has a backlash) we can be sure that the papers can no longer be trusted.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by aoi3610

Excuse me if I seem ignorant but

The sheeple all think that Wikileaks is run by traitors.

They are already so programmed to hate Wikileaks that they want to charge a foreign national with treason against the USA.

When will the sheeple like you wake up and see that Wikileaks is doing the job that the so-called free press should have been doing for decades?

top topics

join