It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State Of The World and Your Children! WWYD?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I can always remember wanting a child. At 19 I got married and had my first child. At 22 I had my second (which we lost to SIDS when she was3 months old.) I disclose this because I will only be discussing my one remaining child. Anyhow I am 33 now.

I love my daughter and would lay my life down for her in a hearbeat. But I often wonder if I should have had her. I am not speaking of regret that I had her, but the regret that I did not think more aboutthe world I was bringing her into. I contemplate on how her world is so vastly different than what most of ours was like.

It has become unsafe for a child to do almost anything now. They are taken from their front yards, the mall, and even school. Food shortages are being spoken of. The climate is chaos, the economy is a hot mess for lack of a better phrase. The list goes on and on.

My question to you is... If you had it to do all over again and knew what you do now would you still have chosen to bring a child into this world? Would you consider it more carefully or decide not to have a child at all?

Again, I am not speaking of (I wish my child was never born). I am speaking of whether you feel you would have made a different decision if you had had a crystal ball.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm 24 without any children and you better believe, I don't feel any need or reason to bring a child into this world at the moment.

I love children dearly and know there is much to learn from them.

What is real and needs to be understood, is life will not go on and evolve without procreation. Some say procreation is the work of the devil, which may very well be true, but, expanding consciousness is the work of god/thought/creator.

Eveything happens for a reason.

Blessings and peace be with you and your family.

Journey well......

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'd do a lot of things differently if I had a crystal ball.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NeedsNoName

edit on 3-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Sweet bearded Jesus with a feral hampster! What is with the double posts?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NeedsNoName

You and me both lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGiantPeach

Thanks for the reply. I definately believe everthing has a reason as well! I hope you wind up with as many curtain climbers you want when the time is right for you.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Will be tough.

Not only with being aware of the state of the world, but most women want marriage, and I disagree with that process.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
My husband and I didn't want to bring children into such a messed up world. We had pets instead. seriously. We give our love and attention to our neices and nephews and friends kids.

top topics

join