It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Must Kill The Dollar.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
While they certainly have the ability, it would be incredibly unwise, as China is dependent on American foreign capital for investment in order to retain their economic growth rate, required to pacify such a massive populace. Not to mention the disaster that would unfold in their investment portfolio, they would essentially ruin virtually all of their investments with the collapse of the dollar. Perhaps most significant, is the disaster it would cause here in the United States, and deprive them of their greatest source of revenue...the American consumer. Cutting out 300 millions customers, along with the multinational corporations which request all of the labor for China would be just as detrimental to China as America at this juncture.

The advent of BRIC is significant, as there seems to be a commitment to gradually get out of dollars which could pose huge risks for the country in the future. In the now, however, it would be suicide for China to bring about the collapse of the dollar. In the not too distant future, though, this will be a huge problem for us.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Why would China want to kill the Dollar when we owe them Dollars?

They want the dollar as a stronger currency, not weak.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
For a better perspective of China's position: benjaminfulford.typepad.com...

China does not want the American people to suffer. It does want an end to the corruption and conflicts of interest that are plaguing the international money markets and nations of the world. China still values competition, but not the unregulated conflict that has developed.

Internationally there are many financial problems going on and discussions of a single global currency. I can see a lot of advantages to it for international trade, but also a lot of risks if the same power games and hidden deals are allowed to continue.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I'm sorry, but that gentlemen does not speak for China. If it was a letter from Hu Jintao, then I might take it a little more seriously.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MGriff
While they certainly have the ability, it would be incredibly unwise, as China is dependent on American foreign capital for investment in order to retain their economic growth rate, required to pacify such a massive populace. Not to mention the disaster that would unfold in their investment portfolio, they would essentially ruin virtually all of their investments with the collapse of the dollar. Perhaps most significant, is the disaster it would cause here in the United States, and deprive them of their greatest source of revenue...the American consumer. Cutting out 300 millions customers, along with the multinational corporations which request all of the labor for China would be just as detrimental to China as America at this juncture.

The advent of BRIC is significant, as there seems to be a commitment to gradually get out of dollars which could pose huge risks for the country in the future. In the now, however, it would be suicide for China to bring about the collapse of the dollar. In the not too distant future, though, this will be a huge problem for us.

Yes,but they are now putting serious curbs on the inflow of 'hot money' to try keep inflation down. There are actually a lot of strings attached now with investment in China. They want to shift away from reliance on outside investment and develop their own brands whether they be home-grown and through M&A (IBM-Lenovo). And they're already cutting bi-lateral deals with other countries to trade in their own currencies rather than Dollars.

The gears are moving on this thing,albeit slowly.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

no environmental laws.

Not quite true they love their pandas

China will always be a global force in the money market don't kid ya selves, Look at the population, it has to be fed, clothed, housed, roads built, new infrastructure etc, that alone, along with the the average Joe blow working just to live will see them through any crisis, some of the higher wage earners may suffer a bit but for the lower workers things will never change, Don't forget the one kid rule hey

As for their products being crap, you looked lately at some of the products coming out, They knew to lift their game and they have, ok you go to a discount 2 dollar shop you will get crap, but you go to other retail outlets things are getting better and they knew this, But that is far as they will go, because you will have to buy again when it breaks down in 3 to 5 years

They are not stupid, in actual fact I reckon they are the smartest race on this planet, no western country could produce the same product of ANYTHING for the same cost, saying we need America to start producing its own products is BS, You couldn't afford it even if they did produce it, because you guys couldn't work for 15 hours a day in a factory with no breaks or benefits with very little money at the end, they can, call it slave labor what ever you want, I don't, I call it survival of the fittest, do what ya have to do to put food on your families table and that wont stop any time soon. Hell i would shovel sh^t if i had too , to feed my family

Anyway I love China, they buy our ore and gas by the millions of tonnes
Thank god I live in Western Australia
were riding that big Chinese wave don't drop in on us, we may pull ya leg rope

Wal
edit on 4-1-2011 by auswally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
Why would China want to kill the Dollar when we owe them Dollars?

They want the dollar as a stronger currency, not weak.

The illegitimate govt of China - CCP are pragmatists. They have trillion+ to collect from US and most certainly want them strong. But they will not bank on the hope that it will remain or grow, as they too awaken to the hidden unconstitutional powers of the creditor bank that is the Fed Reserve.

One day they will have to cut their losses, but in the meantime, they will be attempting to do everything to rebuild and get those trillions of dollars from somewhere ( eg, Darfur, BRIC).

When the US dollar is absolutely down, like the former USSR, they will no money to stock or pay for their troops, and will have to demobilise. Then and only then will the CCP's corporations walk in with bags of gold to buy over american assets, and such gold will go through american hands to repay for the loans, and land back right up to China. Not even a shot fired.

The only way for the American people to avoid and avert such fate is to move to the next technological level. As we know, machines are in demand, and was believed to replace human labour.

This is a lie, as throughout the course of human history, machines had never replaced mankind. The printing press was supposed to replace scribes, but unfortuantely, the press machine couldnt think. It frees up scribes to become authors.

Today, in Japan, we have machines that replaced human labour in production. But think again. Who builds and maintain such brainless machines? MAN.

We have not reach that level of progress whereby machines can out think and out perform dexterily man, at least not yet till a few generations later. As creating such machines requires a high level of tech knowledge and skills, along with the high demand for quality control, the western free world are fully poised to take the lead and it will lead to more jobs.

Need I go onto the next generation of pharmaceutical manufacturing that will enhance the lives of every human as well as creating jobs?

Jobs aplenty, but if only those son of a bitches political puppets get focus to serve its people instead of the power mad super rich.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingJadeDragon

While the entire world looks on at the despair being seen in places such as Greece and Ireland, many are failing to see what is fast becoming the worst economy in the developed world, America.

Link to Article:www.infowars.com

China is in a real quandary. They've been printing more currency to mirror the actions of the Fed. just to keep up. As a result,food inflation (along with other things) is soaring.

I might also point out that China has been subsidizing pretty much everything so far in an effort to fight inflation. From what I've heard,they are going to stop doing this and soon the real rate of inflation (in China) will hit around 8%. They will need to take hard-core action to stabilize their economy and that means cutting loose 'dead weight' from the ship,i.e. America and the Dollar.

What does this all mean? Well,it means China knows it needs to de-couple itself from the U.S. economy in order to save itself. This means letting America fall on it's own which would happen pretty quickly without China's continued support.

America is quickly being left to rot by the rest of the world. It has monetized it's debt (to the dismay of the world),switched on it's bogus money printers to 'Full-tilt Boogie' mode in an effort to keep the Merry-Go Round going a bit longer and in the process, created for itself an economic purgatory from which there is no escape.

At this point, it seems like America is just going to keep arguing over the position of the deck chairs as the ship sinks while hoping everything works out.
There seems to be no other option.
edit on 3-1-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: edit for content

edit on 3-1-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: typo-misspellings

You do realize China depends far more on America than we do them, correct?

All we expect from them is IMPORTS they rely heavily on their EXPORTS to America to sustain their own economy.

We can move our industries to another country such as India or any other if need be, they can't rely on exporting their goods to any other country, they realize this and will never (at least in the short time) consider war, or anything other with the United States, they need us more than we need them.

Take a single business course before trying to post your own opinions on whether or not such things are plausible.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
The US should be making it's own stuff.

The heck with that idea, we're above manual labor and all that. Haven't you noticed, we've been trying to RAISE the level of unemployment here in the land of the elite and priviledged.

Now, I want to put the rest of the world on notice: you all get back to work supplying us with oil and itoys or we'll devalue those paper promises we made to you all and make you all poor again, ya hear US!

Ungrateful rest of the world, if not for the USA and our elitism and gluttonous needs, the rest of the world would be out of work too (lol), so you all should be thanking us all here in the USA for coming up with this fiat scam. Now get back to work and stop complaining, we're not sending you little paper promises to read about us on the internet. Damn it China, cut off that internet, we can't have those slaves finding out about our sham/scam being perpetrated upon the rest of this stupid world, we got to keep this scam going at all costs, no matter how many promises we need to print. And besides, by the time they find out about this scam, it will be our children and grandchildren that will have to deal with it, we'll be long gone while the joke was on all them, HAR! Chumps!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus

Originally posted by FlyingJadeDragon

While the entire world looks on at the despair being seen in places such as Greece and Ireland, many are failing to see what is fast becoming the worst economy in the developed world, America.

Link to Article:www.infowars.com

China is in a real quandary. They've been printing more currency to mirror the actions of the Fed. just to keep up. As a result,food inflation (along with other things) is soaring.

I might also point out that China has been subsidizing pretty much everything so far in an effort to fight inflation. From what I've heard,they are going to stop doing this and soon the real rate of inflation (in China) will hit around 8%. They will need to take hard-core action to stabilize their economy and that means cutting loose 'dead weight' from the ship,i.e. America and the Dollar.

What does this all mean? Well,it means China knows it needs to de-couple itself from the U.S. economy in order to save itself. This means letting America fall on it's own which would happen pretty quickly without China's continued support.

America is quickly being left to rot by the rest of the world. It has monetized it's debt (to the dismay of the world),switched on it's bogus money printers to 'Full-tilt Boogie' mode in an effort to keep the Merry-Go Round going a bit longer and in the process, created for itself an economic purgatory from which there is no escape.

At this point, it seems like America is just going to keep arguing over the position of the deck chairs as the ship sinks while hoping everything works out.
There seems to be no other option.

edit on 3-1-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: typo-misspellings

You do realize China depends far more on America than we do them, correct?

All we expect from them is IMPORTS they rely heavily on their EXPORTS to America to sustain their own economy.

We can move our industries to another country such as India or any other if need be, they can't rely on exporting their goods to any other country, they realize this and will never (at least in the short time) consider war, or anything other with the United States, they need us more than we need them.

Take a single business course before trying to post your own opinions on whether or not such things are plausible.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

I think you're over-simplying the situation. There are a great many more factors at work here. And as I said,China is aware of the situation and is trying to move AWAY from being an export-driven economy because it's causing them headaches. Just follow the money.

And please resist the urge to insult people on their own thread as that's not a good way to make yourself heard. We can chew over issues and learn from others without needing a freakin' Ph.D. to back up our opinions. If I'm wrong,I can live with that. I will acknowledge when I am shown to be wrong by others and thank them for helping me get a better understanding of an issue.

I respect everyone's opinions and will listen to whatever people have to say-please do the same for me. 'kay?
edit on 4-1-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: edit for content

edit on 4-1-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: edit for content

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

I like your thinking! Plus a weaker US dollar will make exports more attractive and the US a good value tourist destination.
I think it's unlikely that if things turn to sh*t everyone will just sit on their hands and do nothing... Make do with what you have. Could be a good wake up call that you don't need as much stuff as what you think (ipod,bluray, 2nd car etc)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
China wouldn't dare. They own most of our T-bills, it's going to worth nothing afterwards. Who would want to destroy themselves.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MGriff

I'm sorry, but that gentlemen does not speak for China. If it was a letter from Hu Jintao, then I might take it a little more seriously.

It is unfortunate that you disregard possible solutions to America's troubles so flippantly. Benjamin Fulford is a journalist living in Japan and involved in Geopolitical issues. If you think Hu Jintao is going to make a public statement about such a complex and serious issue while many options are being investigated then your understanding on International politics is immature. The leaders only talk publicly once an agreement has been reached. I do understand the difficulty in understanding the problems and issues as there are many with many more possible outcomes.

From the original infowars link

There is not a single developed nation that is as dependent on another country for survival than the relationship the U.S has with China. In the last year, the US has been calling China a ‘currency manipulator’ – and they are quite right in their estimation, however, were it not for China manipulating the Yuan, then the U.S Dollar would have failed a long time ago.

Basically, the US needs China more than China needs the US. What has been proposed in the letter from Benjamin Fulford is that China gets its gold back and the Federal Reserve, IMF and World bank are ended with more sustainable trading mechanisms put in place. The military / industrial complex is also scaled back as all it produces is death and chaos, not very productive commodities. China will then forgive the US debt and your cities and social infrastructure can start the process of rebuilding again. With all the mess going on this does sound like a good option to resolve this problem rather than continuing to fight about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

His solution is terrific, if terribly impractical. It isn't going to happen, so it's best to work in the here and now.

There is certainly a great problem with the American monetary structure, I'm not denying that. Yet, to suggest that the 300 million American consumers, along with the enormous investment the Chinese have made in America, and finally, the foreign capital which grows China's domestic economy makes America somehow unimportant is ludicrous. China has certainly postured itself to get out of dollars and rework the international monetary structure. That, however, is not something that happens overnight.

If China diversifies too quickly out of U.S. dollars then they destroy that monstrous investment I talked about before, while losing their largest trade partner (read: influx of foreign capital) and halting their domestic economic growth which will stir up civil unrest in a country of one billion plus people. China needs to keep their economy growing because the larger it gets, the more employment there is to go around. It may not be a very well paying job, but the competition for job spots allows that, while simultaneously pacifying the populace.

He is going to need to mobilize the 100 million person army to instigate the change he wants.

I would urge you to do some quality research before you imitate the picture next to my posts and question my grasp of international relations.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
China won't have to kill the US Dollar.
Soros is gonna do it for them.
And then afterward,
Soros is gonna crash the yaun.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

US and China each will only do themselves in, with the way their political morons are running their economies to the ground. Not exactly their fault though, as the wheels had already been set in motion by monumental stupidity decades ago, dreamed by a few senile rich old men who should have retired to the Rivera than to play Supreme Being.

Soros not needed.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Cant help laughing.. The chinese make a copy of the
i(diot)phone that is sold in asia and works better than the i(diot)phone.. As to manufacturing in the u.s .. Good luck getting people to work for a low wage and turn out a quality product..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MGriff

It is great to hear that you think it is terrific, as for the practicalities I acknowledge that it is very complex and challenging. I like to think we are all in the hear and now trying to help sort this mess out. America does play an important role in the international community, no sensible person denies that. Where we are with the economy and other problems has taken a long time to here and I agree there will be no dramatic changes overnight, well no positive changes anyway.

I can see both China, America and the rest of the world want to keep the trade doors open. I know there are lots of complex technicalities in trade and on the whole there has been an improving trend for better integration with globalisation. The main issues have been with protecting the local economies with the changes trade can bring. The conclusions from my global research can be found at www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you have some ideas or conclusions I would be happy to read them.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
China won't have to kill the US Dollar.
Soros is gonna do it for them.
And then afterward,
Soros is gonna crash the yaun.

And more Soros rants without ever backing up your claims

Anyone with a clue about economics and finance knows exactly why the dollar is being devalued...it's not really a secret conspiracy

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Personally I see this as a 3 way economic war, US, Europe and China, with each jostling the other to maintain their position, while each woos nations like Russia, Brazil and India..

I feel the situation will only change when 2 of the above decide to gang up on the 3rd, and right now I think it could go in any direction, but I don't expect any drastic shift until that happens, China won't be crashing the US$ any time soon.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join