It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF wants gun control... in the USA... because of Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

You're right, who better can I trust than my own government? [/s]

"Colombia no longer has the big coc aine cartels after US military intervention. They've moved it closer to home, through Mexico. But coc aine is not as popular today as it was just a few years back."

So if we intervened in Colombia, why not intervene in Mexico instead of taking away US citizens weapons?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontLegalizeDecriminalize

You're right, who better can I trust than my own government? [/s]

"Colombia no longer has the big coc aine cartels after US military intervention. They've moved it closer to home, through Mexico. But coc aine is not as popular today as it was just a few years back."

So if we intervened in Colombia, why not intervene in Mexico instead of taking away US citizens weapons?

Sure, if the US invades Mexico and officially let's them participate in post-war relief and healthcare then US guns will be safe and the government will NEVER suggest any kind of 2nd amendment infringements again. Sounds good. When do we start?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Never, because unfortunately we're not living in the fairy tale world I wish we were.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DontLegalizeDecriminalize

Good idea in theory, but think about how successful that would actually be in light of the fact that we (Americans) can't even disarm our own high schools

I vote for the wall. If the Mexicans get over the wall to get here, then we arrest them immediately & take their guns and toss the trespassers back over the boarder. Mexico is smart, they impose a law that says if any mexican caught with hot gun gets to go the a mexican "prison' (aka dungeon) for God knows how long,Take fingerprints there and if the latinos try to get over said fence again, they are immeidately arrested and put into guantanomo bay "detention" camp. I bet THAT would put a good size chunk in this problem.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

Yeah the walls probably the best bet. Sure, there'll be some crafty mexicans that parachute across or tunnel underneath or devise some complicated scheme to cross the border, but not all of them have the resources or ingenuity to do that.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God
reply to post by DontLegalizeDecriminalize

Good idea in theory, but think about how successful that would actually be in light of the fact that we (Americans) can't even disarm our own high schools

I vote for the wall. If the Mexicans get over the wall to get here, then we arrest them immediately & take their guns and toss the trespassers back over the boarder. Mexico is smart, they impose a law that says if any mexican caught with hot gun gets to go the a mexican "prison' (aka dungeon) for God knows how long,Take fingerprints there and if the latinos try to get over said fence again, they are immeidately arrested and put into guantanomo bay "detention" camp. I bet THAT would put a good size chunk in this problem.

The incentive program. Clever! Compared to a Mexican jail Gitmo would be like a resort. It would be harder to get out of but who would want to?

When you get ready to build your wall you might want to consider Mexican labor to put it up. That's who would be building it anyway, but if you hire Mexicans from south of the border to do the work it would be cheaper than the illegals you would ultimately end up hiring if you got your workers from the US. That's a lot of border and a monumental task to cover that many miles but if that is what you want to do we could use the work down here.

Frankly I don't think your wall would keep that many guns from getting through. It wouldn't keep many Mexicans out of the US either, which I believe is what you have been told your main concern should be. Some day the US will technologically catch up with Mexico and you would be able to keep them from taking jobs or receiving social services. I also think you would discover just how many illegal Asians, Europeans, and even Canadians you have in the US working and receiving beneits. Might come as a big shock.

Good luck and thanks for being concerned about our welfare down here. I hope that solution helps you deal with your gun problems up there. Support the 2nd Amendment, and all that. ¡Viva America!

edit on 4-1-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Rockerchic4God

Yeah the walls probably the best bet. Sure, there'll be some crafty mexicans that parachute across or tunnel underneath or devise some complicated scheme to cross the border, but not all of them have the resources or ingenuity to do that.

Yes, you're right. Americans are the only ones smart enough to figure out things like that. We're just a bunch of ingnorants that ride our burros to work except for a couple rich people that have cars, that is.

Did you know the current richest man in the world right now is Carlos Slim, a Mexican, that lives in Mexico? Some don't talk about that very much.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The ATF is probably paying gangs in Mexico to create gun violence just so they can implent these well planned out social controls. ATF wants gun control in the USA is a true statement. Because of Mexico is nonsense and just their public reason. This is just part of increasing the intelligence-military-police state that has been taking over steadly but surely over the past 40 years. The bitter smell of fascism is in the air.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Its not like the ATF does not have records of who bought these guns that are showing up in mexico.

But you seldom hear of anyone being arrested.
Is the ATF NOT looking for the people that bought these guns and using that instead to put in new gun laws.

The US government can not even stop the 200,000 stolen vehicles that vanish south of the border each year.
findarticles.com...
and that does not cover the number of Motorcycles and ATVs that end up in mexico.
ATVs bring good money in Mexico as many farmer south of the border want them for there farms.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleIndianJr.

Let us then erect a fence that extends 40 feet above ground and 40 feet below ground. The expense would be nowhere near what illegal immigration is already costing us. Why do we not defend our borders against terrorists, but we travel to other continents at great expense to do so?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I have a name for it, The Great Wall of America. 2000 years from now, the people will be told it was to stop the hoards of mongels from invading.

No wall necessary. Once every mile a tower unmanned with infrared sensors and turrets. After about a month there will not be one person crossing the border without going through points.

Funny how the government never addresses the disease, only symptoms.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Carlos Slim, huh? Sounds like the top dog of the cartel if you ask me.

In all seriousness, why doesn't Mr. Slim buy his fellow ignoramuses some new cars?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Carlos Slim, huh? Sounds like the top dog of the cartel if you ask me.

In all seriousness, why doesn't Mr. Slim buy his fellow ignoramuses some new cars?

en.wikipedia.org...

"Carlos Slim Helú (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈkarlos eˈslim eˈlu]; born January 28, 1940) is a Mexican business magnate, philanthropist and the chairman and CEO of Telmex, América Móvil. His extensive holdings in a considerable number of Mexican companies through his conglomerate, Grupo Carso, SA de CV, amassed interests in the fields of communications, technology, retailing, and finance.[2] On the date of Janurary 2011, Carlos Slim is still the wealthiest person in the world with a personal net worth of above US$66.0 billion."

He would possibly sell us some cars. He's not THAT ignorant.

What do you guys put in your water up there?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Ice

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Never, because unfortunately we're not living in the fairy tale world I wish we were.

OK, just checking, but I think some of you are. You all may very well be right but I have my doubts that building a wall along the Mexican border is going to protect your gun rights. Still, if you all think that is the best solution and want to do so I am very sure we will help you build that wall. I have a feeling it may come in handy for us later on.

I hope I am not offending anyone by injecting some humor into this very serious discussion. Although I am speaking light-heartedly I am very serious about what I have suggested, i.e., that a wall is no real solution to your perceived problem. I also think many Americans don't have a clue about what the realities are like in Mexico or who your aliens really are. Mexico has had problems with other Central Americans invading their border and has many systems in place to help prevent them from becoming a burden on our government. The US might wish to consider adopting similar systems and policies. IMHO it may prove to be much more effective than a wall.

edit on 4-1-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Mexico isnt so much the culprit as the corridor.
There are manyy refugees travelling through to try their luck at the border.
Didnt the cartel execute seventy or so of em in a barn a week or two ago?
America connot stop this human tide.The discrepancy between the life style here, and there is too great.
The only way to stem the flood is to make sure that these people have a better life where they come from!
Thos could be being done, but we have soo much money for wwar,and so little money for human dignity.
Priorities have become fatally flawed.
When i think of all the money spent, and the destructon meted out, in the Iraq war, ir occurs to me that we concievably have made every Iraqi a rich man(by their standards)at a much cheaper price tag.
All this violence makes absolutely no sense, and costs the whole world deeply.
With the US defence budget topping a trillion dollars annually,we can see where the ccourse of the next decade will lead us.
Ass the caskets keep comming home, from far flung places, the names of which few but the troops who were there can pronounce.We will be making progress in the opposite direction on the road we must travel back to sanity.
Mr Obama is not the leeader we were promised.The govermentt continues in the policies of naked oppression.both at home and abroad.
There is onely one possible outcome if we cotinue to let thigs go from day to day, without protest or comment.
Any law can be repealed. But it takes a people united in miind and spirit to accomplish it.
We have a voice we must begin to use in the courtrooms, refusing to find people guilty of simple pot charges.
Refusing to find those charged with vctimless crimes guilty.
We can make it happen!
The CIA or other us gov agencies, as well as iternational arms dealers, supply mexicos cartels with the firepower.
Even the mexican army supplies more weapons than all the us citizens combined to the arsenal which the cartels have stocked.Every deserter, is another weapon.
Plus how many weapons has the cartels captured?
Every week or two, another poice station, or prisonetc, gets knocked over, these places also have some pretty deadly stuff.
It is not Joe citizen who supplies the weapons in mexico.
The isrealis could teach the border seurity a few tricks .They have gun towers with remita operators 24/7 watching the border.
Anything moves within a hundred yards they simply waste.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Here's a point to put in ATF's ear....
Most of the guns shown to the press were already confirmed to have come from the States yet that only accounts for less than 20% of all the arms they confiscated...

second we hear of increasing grenade attacks, Not something a normal American can buy or get their hands on...

every time I go to WalMart I've yet to find the department they sell grenades in???
Maybe they keep them in intimate apparel section???
probably next to the sports bras???

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Better idea.... Erect a 40 foot concrete border wall, for the sake of Mexico.

2nd line
3rd line
4th line
5th line

edit on 3-1-2011 by solarstorm because: to add 2nd line, 3rd line, 4th line, 5th line...

sry this has nothing to do with the thread- I am wondering why people always saying '1st line' '2nd line' ....it doesn't make sense....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
They aren't worried about cartels getting US weapons and using them. They are worried about US citizens taking up arms against the cartels themselves. Their SOP if a cartel took over a town completely would be as follows:

Citizens please stay indoors, do not engage. Troops will be there in a week or two. Until then just give them whatever they want. It's for your own safety. Blah blah blah...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

first they to find my guns and ammo. Then they have to fight thousands hundred thousand gun owners for our guns. We gun owners, (texas border resident here) wont just hand our # to them. And in the great state of texas we like our freedoms and our weapons. I knew this was comming and I am ready

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join