It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bankrupt Government Has Plans For Your Unused Gift Cards.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

New Jersey lawmakers voted to allow seizures on gift cards after more than two years citing that the seizure would generate around $80 million towards balancing the state’s troubled budget.

Link to Article:www.infowars.com

Holy Smoke! Gerald Celente wasn't kidding when he said the government was going to start trying to squeeze people for every dollar it could. While the article does state that the law was temporarily struck down,key word:temporarily,I think it's only a matter of time before 'claw back' clauses get written into the end-user agreements for buying and using such kinds of cards.

Any guesses on what the next 'claw back' tactics will include in the future? I imagine tax write-offs may come under severe fire next. Not to mention they've got their eyes on the Internet as a potential source of major revenue.

I would like to point out that with the tax base dwindling,there may come a time when travel is highly restricted and tax reporting laws become a Draconian maze of despair which strips you of most of your money unless you can afford a good lawyer. Oh,wait. That seems to be the case already. Never mind,continue on...

Things are going to get 'interesting' indeed. If you've got a Plan B,now might be a good to put it into action.
edit on 3-1-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: edit for content

edit on 3-1-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: edit for content

edit on 3-1-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: typo-misspellings

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
this is ridiculous what right do they have to take something of yours just because you haven't used it yet!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikkibee
this is ridiculous what right do they have to take something of yours just because you haven't used it yet!!!

Exactly,you paid for the darned thing and somehow they think it's okay to claim any unused 'bit' that you can't or don't spend. Talk about 'creative accounting'. Sheesh!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
i find the whole idea of gift cards kind of stupid. Just give me money and ill spend it wherever the hell i want! Sure it looks nicer than a rumpled up twenty but whats more important, usefulness or looks? I recently was forced to take a gift card as a refund from a store. i was not pleased as i didn't want to buy anything from the store....On the beck of the card it told me that i could not refund the card for money...thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen! People these days are just concerned with money way too much that they force you to shop at the store.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikkibee

If they think they can do that then they should just take my wife...PLEASE

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I just think that it mostly has to to with greed. but what can you do if the government says so then you have no say in the matter. the corruption of power and money is greater than anything you can possibly think

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It is only going to get worse let me assure you wait for your fines to go up then when TS really hits the fan you better hope you have no money in the bank cause they will take it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

exactly why i never use banks, and when are people finally going say enough your not taking any more of my stuff

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I don't know what infuriates me more...our corrupt and greedy politicians or the fact that we keep letting them get away with this crap

top topics

join