It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehova Witnesses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hi guys!
So, I wanted to ask you all, and if some of you happen to be Jehova Witnesses PLEASE let me know about this. Ok, it's widely known fact they refuse blood transfusions. "Blood is also sacred in God's eyes. God says that the soul, or life, is in the blood. So it is wrong to eat blood. It is also wrong to eat the meat of an animal that has not been properly bled. If an animal is strangled or dies in a trap, it should not be eaten. If it is speared or shot, it must be bled quickly if it is to be eaten.�Genesis 9:3, 4; Leviticus 17:13, 14; Acts 15:28, 29. " OK THAT is from their "offical web site" The Wtchtower. Ok, so the point of my post IS, I'm dating someone who was raised with this religion. I'm trying to be cool about it, but it bugs me. So ANYWAY, his mother had an organ transplant. But what is the difference between a transplant and and a transfusion. Ok, chemically duh. But it seems like splitting hairs to me. Doesn't the person need a transfusion when they get an organ transplant away?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
my experience with JWs, let me repeat thatMy Experiencewith JWs
is that they "put their religion on like a coat when its needed, and hang it away
when its not" . im sure not all are that way, but...

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It sure sounds like they hung it out to dry when their reletive needed a transplant.

Maybe instead of trying to understand you should just grin, nod and bear it.

new topics

join