It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Said to Consider William Daley for Top White House Post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The younger brother of Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley

Is this why R.D. choose not to run again, and Rahm is running?

www.bloomberg.com...

White House officials are considering tapping William Daley, the former commerce secretary and brother of Chicago's mayor, for a senior administration position, most likely chief of staff, people familiar with the situation said Monday.

President Obama is expected to begin acting on staffing recommendations from his interim chief of staff, Pete Rouse, as soon as he returns Tuesday from his vacation in Hawaii. Rouse conducted a review of White House operations in the hope of revamping a system that saw frequent breakdowns between its political, policy and communications shops last year.

www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 073131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Has to be just sheer coincidence.

I mean, Obama would never do anything criminal like that right?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

White House officials are considering tapping William Daley, the former commerce secretary and brother of Chicago's mayor, for a senior administration position, most likely chief of staff, people familiar with the situation said Monday.

President Obama is expected to begin acting on staffing recommendations from his interim chief of staff, Pete Rouse, as soon as he returns Tuesday from his vacation in Hawaii. Rouse conducted a review of White House operations in the hope of revamping a system that saw frequent breakdowns between its political, policy and communications shops last year.

But the introduction of Daley's name into the mix suggested that Obama's former chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, is still exerting influence over the White House even while running for mayor of Chicago, people familiar with the process said. Daley also has ties to senior adviser David Axelrod, another longtime Chicago operative who is planning to return to the city in the next six weeks.

www.washingtonpost.com...
But the introduction of Daley's name into the mix suggested that Obama's former chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, is still exerting influence over the White House
WOW so much poo poo ka ka

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Has to be just sheer coincidence.

I mean, Obama would never do anything criminal like that right?

I am in awwwe, stunned, laughing hysterically now.

how bold can he be? OMG

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The family is best known as the “Daley Machine.” The negative social, financial and economic impact and influence of the Daley Machine on Chicago politics is well documented, yet both father and son kept getting elected. Is it name recognition, ACORN and union intimidation and thuggery, broken kneecaps, twisted arms, or rigged voting machines that has kept this family in power for almost 50 years?

One scandal in 2005 was Daley explaining $48 million in overruns for the renovation of a terminal at O’Hare International Airport. Representative Jesse L. Jackson Jr., (D) stated “You can fool some of the people for 16 years – the question is whether the people want to be fooled for 20 years.”

In 2006, A federal investigation of “pervasive fraud” in hiring and contracts at Daley’s City Hall led to 30 indictments, including two senior administrators closely tied to the mayor, and a dozen cabinet-level resignations. The Mayor was also interrogated. About the same time, it was revealed through court records that one of Daley’s allies, the head of the Hispanic Democratic Organization, “helped arrange promotions for politically active city employees and orchestrated campaign work by administration officials.”

In a New York Times article on January 6, 2006, they stated:

Gone is the 38,000-strong patronage army of city workers Richard J. controlled, but it has been replaced by what John Callaway, a political analyst and former host of a Chicago public affairs television program, described as “special forces units,” like the Hispanic Democratic Organization, now under federal scrutiny.

“The main trouble he’s in is with the federal government,” Mr. Callaway said of the mayor. “What are the highest people who have been indicted so far, or subpoenaed, what are they going to say about what Daley knew about what he says he didn’t know?”

On January 22, 2007, Senator Barack Obama endorsed Richard M. Daley for another term. From a CBS report, Obama said,

“As long as he has passion for the job, then I think he’s gonna be one of the best mayors, if not the best mayor in the country.” He also addressed the corruption investigation involving Daley’s administration, saying “I continue to be concerned.” But he said Daley had taken crucial steps to root out corruption, including improving procurement rules. “As a consequence, you’re gonna see the kind of leaner, cleaner government that Chicagoans expect and, I know, the mayor expects,” Obama said, speaking with the 64-year-old Daley at his side.

wtpotus.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Michelle Obama
assistant to Chicago mayor Richard Daley

Michelle left Sidley Austin to become

an assistant to Chicago mayor Richard Daley.

"Her father asked her, 'Don't you want to pay your student loans?' " her mother, Marian, recalls. One of her college roommates, Angela Acree, remembers being stunned. "I'm sure at Sidley she made more money than her parents ever made," says Acree. "It just seemed incredible at the time that she'd leave."

The move was not without its benefits.

Michelle Obama's stint at the mayor's office gave her, and her husband, access to Chicago's political class.
www.time.com...
Combined with her own Southside roots — she went to high school with Santita Jackson, the Rev. Jesse Jackson's daughter — Michelle's job gave her husband entrée into the best political machine in Illinois, augmenting her ties to Jackson's powerful civil rights group, Rainbow Push.

Read more: www.time.com...

Valerie Bowman Jarrett, AKA the other half of Obama's brain,
senior advisor and assistant to the president for Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs for the Obama administration,

She was Deputy Chief of Staff for Mayor Richard Daley, during which time (1991) she hired Michelle Robinson Obama.

Valerie Bowman Jarrett (born November 14, 1956) is a senior advisor and assistant to the president for Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs for the Obama administration. She is also a Chicago lawyer, businesswoman, and civic leader. Prior to that she served as a co-chairperson of the Obama-Biden Transition Project.[1][2]

Jarrett continued to work in the mayor's office in the 1990s. She was Deputy Chief of Staff for Mayor Richard Daley, during which time (1991) she hired Michelle Robinson, then engaged to Barack Obama, away from a private law firm. Jarrett served as Commissioner of the Department of Planning and Development from 1992 through 1995, and was Chair of the Chicago Transit Board from 1995 to 2005

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 083131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Obama is way past caring what any of us think about matters such as this. He is numb! and he has been in pay back mode since day one in the White House. He's not done yet. Not even close...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Obama is way past caring what any of us think about matters such as this. He is numb! and he has been in pay back mode since day one in the White House. He's not done yet. Not even close...

Obviously you are correct, thanks for posting,

I am shocked people didn't find this topic interesting, because it paints the picture of who Obama and is people are.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I wondered yesterday whether Robert Gibbs jumped or was pushed and noted that President Barack Obama’s words indicated that it was “not an entirely voluntary departure”.

It’s being reported by John King on CNN right now that Gibbs wanted to be a presidential counsellor – something he’s been putting about for quite a while – but William Daley, the new chief of staff, nixed this because he believed that too many cooks would spoil the presidential broth. So that’s why Gibbs is out.

Additionally, King reports that Valerie Jarrett, whose sole qualification to being a senior counsellor seems to be that she’s a long-time Chicago buddy of Barack and Michelle Obama, will have her wings clipped. Daley, not Jarrett, will be the person speaking to the business community.
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...
It’s no secret that Rahm Emanuel, a Daley protege, clashed with Jarrett. Or that David Plouffe, about to join the White House, was often at odds with her when he was the 2008 Obama campaign manager. Obama is nothing if not ruthless. He dropped Jane Dystel, the agent who approached him to write “Dreams from my Father”, and has previously cut loose long-time advisers. One aide described him as “the most unsentimental man I’ve ever met”.

So the next question is: with Gibbs and David Axelrod gone, how much longer will Valerie Jarrett last?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I wondered yesterday whether Robert Gibbs jumped or was pushed and noted that President Barack Obama’s words indicated that it was “not an entirely voluntary departure”.

It’s being reported by John King on CNN right now that Gibbs wanted to be a presidential counsellor – something he’s been putting about for quite a while – but William Daley, the new chief of staff, nixed this because he believed that too many cooks would spoil the presidential broth. So that’s why Gibbs is out.

Additionally, King reports that Valerie Jarrett, whose sole qualification to being a senior counsellor seems to be that she’s a long-time Chicago buddy of Barack and Michelle Obama, will have her wings clipped. Daley, not Jarrett, will be the person speaking to the business community.
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...
It’s no secret that Rahm Emanuel, a Daley protege, clashed with Jarrett. Or that David Plouffe, about to join the White House, was often at odds with her when he was the 2008 Obama campaign manager. Obama is nothing if not ruthless. He dropped Jane Dystel, the agent who approached him to write “Dreams from my Father”, and has previously cut loose long-time advisers. One aide described him as “the most unsentimental man I’ve ever met”.

So the next question is: with Gibbs and David Axelrod gone, how much longer will Valerie Jarrett last?

I've got to add this nice tidbit to this thread I put up yesterday www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sounds like the rats are scurrying in the White House. It will be interesting to see what happens to Jarrett. She's been one of his trusted handlers for years. Time to pop some popcorn

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It will be interesting to see what happens to Jarrett. She's been one of his trusted handlers for years.

Yup the other half of his brain, without her he might be dangerous, lol

new topics

top topics

join