It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Incident: A Test of Virtual Reality Projectors (Jacques Vallee)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i had a great idea of using particles to place people in artificial realities.
instead of using implants and other such devices you simply hijack the optical system wih particles andso forth.

if its legal for some it may be an explanation for some of the hallucinaions seen in the past though i think holographics are the real issue.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I just shared this over at burntheships thread, "What Do We Really Know About The Detection Of ExtraTerrestrial Life And The Consequences For Society" that some here might enjoy.

It's a great read, well-researched I think and has many fascinating accounts that I haven't heard before. Have some of our Ufologists been lying to us by omission?

Curiouser and Curiouser: ‘High Strangeness’ UFO Encounters. 
Gareth J. Medway

From Magonia 97, April 2008

The term ‘High Strangeness’ refers to those UFO cases where the witnesses do not merely claim to have sighted a mysterious light or unknown object which might have been an alien spacecraft, but also say that a variety of unusual things happened to them afterwards…

You won’t find much about this in mainstream UFO books, but there is plenty of detail in the works of such writers as John Keel and Jacques Vallee. The question which is not often addressed is, are these cases aberrations, or typical?...

…If high strangeness cases are exceptional, it would have to be asked, why do this particular minority of witnesses choose to report their experiences to one of just a few investigators, such as John Keel? Surely it is more likely that, since most witness reports reach us at second hand by way of the investigators, most of the latter tend to edit out unwelcome details…

…If so, then we ought to be able to find some evidence for this censorship. Imbrogno and Horrigan’s Contact of the Fifth Kind, which is about high strangeness in the Hudson Valley, mentions that in an earlier book that Imbrogno had co-authored with Allen Hynek, they had avoided mention of abductions: “Only to a handful of people did we admit that there were abduction cases, and plenty of them … Dr. Hynek felt that UFO reports are hard enough to believe without adding the subject of abductions to the discussion.”…

…In other words, though seeming highly bizarre to the average person, once one has been studying the matter for years, it “may be considered fairly representative of the more detailed hard core of UFO reports.”...
..There were also some prints made by ripple-soled shoes with a ridge around the edge. Keel noted that prints of just this type had frequently turned up at UFO sites around the country. Years later came another ‘Looking Glass’ sequel: when the first astronauts walked on the moon, they wore boots which made identical ripple prints in the lunar dust...

…I take this to mean that the earlier investigators were solely concerned to collect evidence that UFOs are nuts-and-bolts alien spacecraft from Zeta Reticuli (or the Pleiades, or wherever), and ignored the high strangeness material as not supporting this viewpoint...

…Of course, it is the solid interstellar visitors that the book-buying public wants to read about, hence the fact that works promoting this hypothesis are often bestsellers, whereas few people have heard of Haisell…

…Enthusiasts of ‘Ancient Astronauts’ likewise make surreptitious alterations in their source materials… Be that as it may, Von Daniken omitted the tapir, also the statement that Orejona came from Venus (as opposed to the stars), since this too was no longer believable by the 1960s...

...To evaluate facts, you have to know what they are. Though people have often accused the government or the Air Force of concealing the truth about UFOs, I think the ufologists themselves have been partially suppressing it…
magonia.haaan.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hi all

I have found this thread fascinating. There's a new book out which analyses the works of Vallee. The book is "Authors of the Impossible" written by Jeffrey J Kripal. Published by the University of Chicago Press. ISBN 978-0-226-45386-6.

My co-blogger has just written a review of it at:

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

Happy reading.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This case is full of puzzles. Crackpots with high-security clearances or test victims?

The Gulf Breeze Six

What was going on? A Pentagon spokesman stated that the six were members of a group called “The End of the World”, but this statement was later retracted, saying that there was no such group. When the case was declassified, 1400 out of 1600 pages were withheld. 
The case is intriguing – to say the least.

Some believed that these people were simply mad and that the Military merely wanted to sweep everything under the carpet – both parties were already sufficiently embarrassed. Others argued that the six were the subjects of an advanced military mind control experiment. After all, wasn’t this the perfect test? Top – top top even – military security experts… wouldn’t the military want to know whether there were certain things that would make such people desert? And before finding out whether this would work on the enemy, it surely had to be tested on the own troops? In an as real as possible setting…
www.philipcoppens.com...

Some news reports & internet musings on the case from the BBS days:

6 AWAL Officers in Gulf Breeze

If anyone has any info on this case that is not covered in these links, I would love to hear about it...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Vallee had an idea he wanted to peddle. A statement by Larry Warren regarding his impression of the atmosphere at a UFO landing was the catalist for launching the virtual reality gambit. He had the ticket to ride. Unfortunately for him, there were counter-incidents on three consecutive days.THREE OF THE INCIDENTS DIDN’T FIT THE BILL. But he was a peddler of ideas and he had them to peddle. The Penniston, Burroughs and Cabansag episode drew a large following.. There was an incident on the second night that was covered up when a supervising officer suffered a mental breakdown. On the third night, Halt was walking around a forest in the early morning hours being struck with awe when an alien craft shot down a laser beam ten feet from his party.Almost simultaneously, J. Burroughs was in the forest chasing some lights. Accompanying him was A. Bustinza who was returning from the episode that L. Warren was promoting.Burroughs caught up with the light and disappeared for thirty minutes all the while being observed by Halt’s group.Bustinza was on the ground the whole time unable to move. What did Bustinza tell Halt after they rejoined Halt’s partty about the UFO landing?

Without going into great depth about Vallee’s epiphany, if governments are using holographic images, I’m here to tell you that Aliens have been using them for eons. I’ve made a series of discoveries linking my UFO encounter with the aliens at RFI.

*SNIP*
edit on June 18th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: no free advertising

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

He might know something:
Vallee and the Secrecy Business

of any real hardware in the UK and elsewhere under international control but can't
say so why not offer other ideas to a pressing world on the outside that can't be
told.

the paranormal interpretations of Vallee

Still going at it.
If the same person as I knew I had read something with a similar name.
ED: interesting Google search results:

Jacques Vallee - Messengers of Deception - UFO Contacts and Cults ... Feb 14, 2011 ... Jacques Vallee - Confrontations - A Scientist's Search for Alien Contact (1990) ..... If we get a little out of control, and maybe Russia would start to ...... so full of mathematical terms that Jacques hardly understood half of it. ...... Thorndike, Lynn. History of Magic and Experimental Science. ... issuu.com/.../jacques_vallee_-_messengers_of_deception_-_ufo_con

edit on 6/18/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pupilstutor

Running after alien ships thats a good one.
Their natural lift should help in anyone's pursuit.
People are drawn in and not blown back and in jet or rocket lift.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Burroughs had no recollection of what happened to him. One of Halt's crew said he saw an entity in a craft.Burroughs suffered amnesia...again. He and cabansag both suffered amnesia the first night when Cabansag said Burroughs pulled a weapon on the craft and they were zapped!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Saw an "entity" in the craft? Why does this story keep changing and morphing every time I read about it?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There isn't one story. There are at least three.You need to know the timelines of each. where the timelines cross, that's when a lot of new questions are found.

Unfortunately, the witnesses have turned on each other. Halt said Warren was not involved. Penniston and Burroughs are turning on Halt and have excluded Warren.

Of all the ewitnesses, Warren received the "Manchurian Candidate" treatment.among other despicable acts perpetrated by the military.Halt said Warren was a disinformatiom agent.Burroughs said Warren's story is Bustinza'a story. Bustinza,who can probably add more concreteness to one episode,has been employed by the federal governmen for many years....looking forward to a pension and has a family.

I suffered amnesia after a close encounter with an alien craft. Burroughs and Cabansag suffered amnesia the first night. Penniston couldn't account for 45 minutes. Burroughs suffered amnesia again after running into some lights on a field in the forest. That lasted nearlly 30 minutes. There were a lot of witnesses.

Halt recently said that what he saw were extra-terrestrial. Burroughs, Penniston and possibly Warren said what they saw were time-travellers.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
hAVING TURNED 81 and being half blind, I've become very selective in distributing my time in pursuit of gathering evidence that will supplement my experience of an alien encounter that occurred in 1954 at RAF Mildenhall. I've made and have continued to make discoveries today that corroborate my experience... unlike the RFI situation. One thing I've learned is there is a close relationship between my encounter and the RFI encounters.

Some FACTS re RFI. I'm not going to elaborate on them.
The first episode: The initial reports were deliberately falsified or toned down by the witnesses themselves to avoid repercussions in career enhancement. Witnessing a UFO is not a good career move. Cabansag signed a statement but did not write it or contribute to it. A few years ago, Cabansag said Burroughs pulled a gun on the craft and immediately, both he and Burroughs were zapped! They suffered amnesia. On one of the videos of the anniversary, Burroughs was talking to Penniston and told him that Cabansag said that they all were zapped. Not true. Cabansag did not mention Penniston.

I drew a lot of information out of BTDT(been there done that)He described a build up of trucks and personnel across from the EAST GATE. He saw a command car out there. This was on Halt's night out. Whoever ordered the mobilization expected to have use of the command car for some purpose. It may have been Captain Verrano that told BTDT to drop what he was doing and leave. If the Top Dog of the bases was participating, what was going on? Remember this was a stealth operation. Very few outside of those involved were cognisant of it. Who brought it up before BTDT?

BTDT was like a fly in the ointment. He wasn't supposed to be there. A timeline can be drawn from his observations that cross Halt's and Warren's. Neville's revelations leading up to Halt's night out are important. Who gave the orders to go into the forest with light alls, which, after all, was British territory and responsibility. Add Neville to the time line.

To cut to the chase, an Alien visitation was scheduled and a 19 year old, Larry Warren got caught up in it.Warren suffered or should I say, was punished more than anyone involved in the RFI. Everything he said was used against him because, that's what the experiments done on him were designed to do. On one hand, Halt said Warren was not out there, and on the other,while working for the Pentagon before retirement, he visited the National Security Agency(NSA) where he asked to see the records of L. Warren. Soon after someone brought in a large folder which Halt was not permitted to examine. Warren always said some agency took his medical records.( The NSA involved with UFOs)

J. Vallee wrote about RFI and said it was a government experiment on its own military personnel. The operation was a virtual reality experiment. Col. Halt had a meeting with J. Vallee in DC area. He thought he convinced Vallee that it was not a virtual reality show put on by the USAF. In my opinion Halt's epidode partly included a holographic show put on by the ET"s... The 'Eye of Horus', the heated fluids dropping down towards the field and the small craft breaking up into 5 pieces. No evidence was found. It's my opinion that these incidents were holographic, in nature. In sync with them, a huge craft observed by ,,, Bobo, who was in the observation tower at Bridgewater. observed small craft leaving the huge craft. More timelines to follow up on.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Wow, it seems you have a good grasp on the various straws that make this mystery up. I'll be interested in learning more about your own story as well.

But in the meantime: What do you get when an extraterrestrial and time-travelers cancel each other out? Either evidence that supports the theory the incidence had an earthly explanation case-closed or maybe the possibility that it was psy-ops working a mix of fact and fiction with some high strangeness thrown in?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

This has been a fascinating thread (unfortuneatly can't flag? did I use them up?); just want to mention in relation to the Spielberg Whitehouse screening of CEof the 3rd Kind I found this a few days ago:

Spielberg interview

Also, unrelated, found the Thomas Beardon stuff fascinating. Uncannily like the Borg of ST:NG - could there have been a connection?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Not much luck as yet with the St:NG/Thomas Bearden connection; just this:

"In the text commentary to the Collector's Edition of Star Trek: First Contact, Michael Okuda revealed that Star Trek: The Next Generation writers began to develop the idea of the Borg as early as the first season episode, "Conspiracy", which introduced a coercive, symbiotic life form that took over key Federation personnel. It was thwarted by the Enterprise crew and presumably never heard of again (the 'alien conspiracy' plotline itself was scrapped when it became clear that the concept was too grim for Star Trek's target audience). Plans to feature the Borg as an increasingly menacing threat were subsequently scrapped in favor of a more subtle introduction, beginning with the mystery of missing colonies on both sides of the Neutral Zone in "The Neutral Zone" and culminating in the encounter between Borg and the Enterprise crew in "Q Who?". "(wiki link borg

It is interesting to me that the the stated originary episode of ST:NG regarding the "Borg" idea was called "Conspiracy"; which; given the unfortunate paucity of originary concepts concerning many science fiction televison scriptors, may be somewhat of a tip-off. I don't think I have to list all of the the science fictional television shows and movies which obviously derived their inspiration from existent conspiratorial "ufo" issues being discussed at the time of their making (which relevant dates are/is often key for the diligent investigator). Of course the only reason we can take this (extremely shaky) connection seriously is the famous Robertson Report

Also; Mr Valee (for whom I have respect) obviously puts a lot of stock beside Warren's testimony in particular. I do wonder why this is?

In that particular testimony warren describes a luminous fog. Mr. Vallee ascribes this to fog machines, but, as another poster in this thread has mentioned, this would require a large set-up. Not impossible, by no means, but really, poor planning. So what i am propsing here is a possible application of the nefarious knowledge gained throught the CIA MK Ultra project, which I am sure many other US intellignece agencies were more than interested in; is the the thorough-going application of a hallucinogenic fog. Other alternative explanations would relate to the (rather too many)civilian reports of "electro-magnetic" fogs, the most coherent descriptions of which are related to the Bermuda Triangle.
So, perhaps you can see that I am describing an elliptical arc back towards Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

And that is what worries me about this case, there are so many versions of it that have appeared over the years. This should immediately make us suspicious of the case.

I stand by my original thoughts on the case: the lighthouse was misidentified and in order to protect careers, a new story was invented to divert attention away from the fact that the lighthouse was so dramatically misidentified. Over the years some involved have decided to embellish their story for fame or monetary reasons.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

The lighthouse explanation is simply totally at odds with the independent evidence offered by the non participant witness, Gerry Harris who the likes of Ridpath completely ignore, as his testimony completely destroys their theories. He watched strange lights above the forest and saw one descend into the forest and as he was watching the lights of the American investigators.

The there is Nigel kerr who contacted Nick Pope to say he had tracked a UFO on his Radar.

Ann Hopton Scott who claims to have seen a UFO in Rendlesham Forest in December 1980 as did Tony Soreel, Arthur Smekle, and the testimony of Gary Baker - Who was stationed at Neatishead Radar station. Says that the radar could NOT have been turned off during the UFO incident - there was a backup too - as claimed by the MoD.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

If memory serves me here, I do recall that the UFO-Hunters (of all things!) showed that there is an actual; physical backing to the light mounted on the lighthouse near Rendleshem which would have prevented a backwards sourcing light to the area. One wonders what kind of really exhaustive investigations led to the (really ridiculous) lighthouse theories re: this case.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightspore

I believe it was a forester called Vince Thurkettle who came up with the lighthouse explanation originally. . In a recent documentary where, Halt and Thurkettle returned to the site of Halt's encounter, Thurkettle admits on camera, that it is impossible to see the light from the lighthouse from that location.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Apologies if this has been posted before and it's quite lengthy however well worth a watch. Probably the most complete and up to date documentary made about the subject.

Google Video Link

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So now after all these years we do have confirmation that '___' was weaponized; and into a gas form at that. Where and when was this weapon tested I wonder?

Loony Bomb

also; someone added a useful youtube to the comments in that article:
confirmation of '___' tests on British soil?

edit on 12-7-2011 by Nightspore because: to add additonal data

edit on 12-7-2011 by Nightspore because: fix utube

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join