It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Incident: A Test of Virtual Reality Projectors (Jacques Vallee)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I normally pay attention to what Jacques Vallee has to say about the UFO phenomenon. He has some fascinating ideas and I would not normally place him on the lunatic fringe. However, I do have serious doubts about this statement he made during an interview.

The Bentwaters case [in which American servicemen at an Air Force base in England observed a disk-shaped craft land in the forest] is a classic. At the landing site, they had a mix of ordinary guards, officers, sentries and so on--they all had orders to go to the site under a scenario. And that's not what would of happened if the encounter were real--if a strange object landed on the base you wouldn't be sending out a hundred people without weapons. The thing has all the earmarks of being staged for the benefit of the witnesses, so that they could be studied and the reactions of the different psychological types and of different ranks could be studied. And when you think about it, it's not that weird. If you were in charge of a project like that, you'd have to test it in conditions where nobody is danger and you can get the data you need. In cases like this one--not many but a few of them--that I investigated, I had to conclude that these were tests of virtual reality projectors.
Source: Heretic Among Heretics: Jacques Vallee Interview

If the testimony of one of the witnesses is to believed, then the alleged craft seemed so real that it could be touched. In the video testimony below James Penniston claims (at 3:50) that the alleged craft was, 'warm to the touch.'

It looks to me like there has been some sort of cover up of what happened. There are so many conflicting stories regarding the matter that it's hard not to smell a rat. One thing that I am fairly sure about is that if the testimony of Penniston is not blatant lies then the lighthouse theory is more likely to be bunk than Vallee's explanation. That must have been some hologram if it was warm to the touch.

Take a look at this thread where you will find a Col. Conrad denying the claim by Col Halt (see affadavit below) that there is a cover-up.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2bcb3bebd14b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b90c23dbaa56.jpg[/atsimg]

So what do you all think? Can we take seriously the idea that 'virtual reality projectors' are a convincing explanation for cases like the Rendlesham Forest incident? Were the witnesses the subjects of a mind control experiment using holograms? Or do some of you think it more realistic that an E.T. craft really did land in Rendlesham Forest?

edit on 3/1/11 by Pimander because: Typo

edit on 3/1/11 by Pimander because: Another bloody typo

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
My first thought before reading your comments was that Vallee's explanation doesn't add up. There were geiger counters used detected radiation levels that were many times above normal background levels. I doubt VR projectors could simulate radiation. .

Vallee is a very intelligent man, so I must conclude that he based his assumption theory without reading the facts of the case.
edit on 1/3/2011 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Vallee is a very intelligent man, so I must conclude that he based his assumption theory without reading the facts of the case.

Since you don't have any proof that Valle either did or didn't take into account the Geiger counter readings when forming his conclusions, I must conclude that you made this post without reading the man's work.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Jacques Vallee is unique! He knows >>way more

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SANDPIPER
Jacques Vallee is unique! He knows >>way more

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
The reading gets a lot more interesting than the two links below, but I don't want to take the time to find the other well-researched ones if you're not interested in considering the hypothesis as proffered by Vallee in your link.
(snip)
If you're willing to consider further, I'll dig the other articles up.

On the contrary, I would not have started this thread unless I was already considering the hypothesis. I was kind of playing the reader by appearing to lean in a particular direction (call me weird if you like). This is exactly the type of response I was hoping for and I discount only what I have VERY good reason to.

I am convinced that there is lots of disinformation in the UFO/aliens field - hence the confusion about cases like this one. Although I do think Vallee is probably wrong about this particular incident, his explanation is likely to be close to the truth regarding others.

As to why I say I believe that Jacques Vallee knows more than he is willing to say...more on that later

He has certainly moved in some interesting circles and may well know lots more. As I said in the opening post I pay attention to what Vallee says when he talks about the UFO phenomena. I agree with you and Sandpiper in that regard.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

You definitely got where I was going when you referenced his "interesting circle" of acquaintances (star for that). And we're not just talking The Aviary.

I know that this assertion of his seems out of line with his IDH...unless you take into account the possibility of what we might call black magic(k)ians heavily involved in the military-industrial complex & psy-ops.

Like maybe it was real and not real at the same time...and killed more than one bird with the same stone?

Thanks for your explanation of where you are headed with this, I can flag this now!.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

My first thought before reading your comments was that Vallee's explanation doesn't add up. There were geiger counters used detected radiation levels that were many times above normal background levels. I doubt VR projectors could simulate radiation. .

Any electromagnetic projection is radiation.

Eyeburn, from radiation, has been one of the traits usually involved in a sighting of cryptids, UFOs, apparitions, etc.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Indeed. Not only the eyes. Denise Bishop was allegedly burned on the hand by a narrow beam of green light during a UFO encounter. There is a picture of the scar three months later on the How Stuff Works website . For a more detailed analysis of the case see PUFORG’s Report No. 8101 or Tim Goods, Above Top Secret page 97-100.

Has anybody got any good evidence of alleged staged UFO incidents or E.T. encounters?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Has anybody got any good evidence of alleged staged UFO incidents or E.T. encounters?

I'm multi-tasking right now, but I'll find the material I alluded to. "Good evidence," might be open to interpretation, but good research with interesting information is out there. What did you think of "the lone chemist" piece, btw?

This could get fascinating, so I hope more folk will join in with their take & info. Back later.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Not that I buy Pilkington's assertions as is, but there is some, imo, good points to research further.

ARE UFOs JUST A CIA CON-TRICK?

Here's a declassified CIA doc (bolding mine) that requires a little stamina to get through, but contains some nuggets such as:

CIA, under its assigned responsibilities, and in cooperation with the psychological strategy board, immediately investigate possible offensive or defensive utilization of the phenomena for psychological warfare purposes both for and against the United States, advising those agencies charged with U.S. internal security of any pertinent findings affecting their areas of responsibility. www.deeppoliticsforum.com...

The Pied Pipers of the CIA

...In short, Menger’s story was a CIA experiment to see how easily and whom specifically could be fooled into believing anything.
More significantly, it is now known that Adamski was the same: he was not only encouraged in his work, but actively supported and assisted, by the CIA.

This became known – though not widely reported when scientists attempting to investigate Adamski's claims (in an effort to discredit him and stop him in his tracks) were warned off by CIA Director Allen Dulles in person. And research has shown that during tours of Europe and Australia to promote his “message”, Adamski travelled on a passport furnished by the CIA. www.philipcoppens.com...

The awesome Kandinsky gets the credit for finding & sharing the following image on another thread:

edit on 4-1-2011 by The GUT because: format

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The thing is, if it was staged, they would've told them soonafter. Get the data and tell them the truth. No point in making them think it was real for the rest of their lives.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I have to sleep. However, that looks like a quality contribution and I will respond as soon as I get time.

I share your sentiments. I wish more people were joining this debate. There are a few great members whose background knowledge would be massive here.

reply to post by ReaverTheBeliever

If this is a massive covert agenda then the last thing the perpetrators would do is tell the victims. That would blow their cover.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Okay, Phillip Coppens again, but check this out featuring Dr Jacques Vallee and Dr. Hynek. This certainly sheds some light on Vallee's notions in regards Rendlesham.

A Missing Pentacle

To anyone who still failed to see the importance of the 1955 memorandrum, Vallee added that “the Pentacle proposal goes far beyond anything mentioned before. It daringly states that ‘many different types of aerial activity should be secretly and purposefully scheduled within the area’. It is difficult to be more clear. We are not talking simply about setting up observing stations and cameras. We are talking about large-scale, covert simulation of UFO waves under military control.”
www.philipcoppens.com...

edit on 4-1-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Any electromagnetic projection is radiation.

Eyeburn, from radiation, has been one of the traits usually involved in a sighting of cryptids, UFOs, apparitions, etc.

Geiger counters only detect ionizing radiation which includes alpha, beta, gamma and x-ray radiation. Energy sources such as microwaves, and radio are not sufficiently energetic enough to have an ionizing effect on an atom, thus they do not trigger any response in a Geiger counter.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

What did you think of "the lone chemist" piece, btw?

This could get fascinating, so I hope more folk will join in with their take & info. Back later.

The RAND 'Exploitation of Superstition for Purposes of Psychological Warfare' report is something I haven't read in ages.

The Lone Chemist is a good article and new to me. The following section about Adamski is extremely revealing.

Davidson felt that Adamski himself reported tell-tale examples of government “steering” – and was aware of their involvement: “Late in 1949 four men came into the café at Palomar Gardens. Two of them had been in before and we had talked a little about the flying saucers. We began talking about flying saucers again. One of these men was Mr. J.P. Maxfield, and another was his partner, Mr. G.I. Bloom, both of the Point Loma Navy Electronics Laboratory near San Diego. The other two men were from a similar setup in Pasadena. One was in officer’s uniform. They asked me if I would co-operate with them in trying to get photographs of strange craft moving through space… And finally the moon was decided upon as a good spot for careful observation… And it was not too long after this meeting that I succeeded in getting what I deemed at the time to be two good pictures of an object moving through space. I first saw it as I was observing the moon.” What an amazing coincidence, that a UFO appeared where these military officers stated Adamski should look towards…
Source: A Lone Chemists Quest to Expose the UFO cover-up

If we can find many more 'coincidences' like that then it would be tough for anyone to deny that a lot of UFO events were staged by part of the intelligence community.

Do you know where Kandinsky got that newspaper cutting from? In fact I'll U2U him and find out.

The declassified stuff, if legitimate, is pretty much your smoking gun that the CIA were experimenting with UFO phenomena in the 1950's.

I wonder whether I was wrong about Rendlesham Forest after all. It's possible that the physical traces could also have been staged I suppose. Arghhh, I now sense I need to trawl through loads of material again with this in mind. I might have missed some crucial evidence...

Come on you Rendlesham buffs out there. What are you thinking?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Rendlesham has long been one of my favorite interesting cases. However, I've never left out the notion that this might have been a psychotronic weapons test. How elaborate can these non-lethal scenarios be? I don't know.

What I find odd, is that these would be tested on a base that houses nuclear weapons. How wrong could such a test have gone?

Then again, could these men have been tested based upon their payloads - put through the ringer due to being in such a position?

Visual evidence was said to be gathered, but was "swallowed up" - the real question was, no matter what they saw through the viewfinder, was there actually anything on the film? Craft have been sighted at close proximity before, photographed and did not show up in the negatives or prints.

There's also the notion of a non physical phenomenon. Please note that does not make it any less "real" in any way - you cannot remove the human mind and human perceptions with it's shortcomings from the mix - here especially.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Yep, a thread with so much potential and it looks like it's gonna sit here. Proactive CIA or Shadow Government involvement is an avenue of investigation that the UFO community at large has shunned and ignored historically, and sadly here as well. And then we dare to suggest that Rendlesham might be something other than E.T.

I believe, I'm not a debunker, but my own research and experience has led me to the Interdimensional Hypothesis (or a form thereof) as the most likely explanation for the majority--if not all--of the 'legitimate' cases...the other 'orphaned & neglected child' of ufology. And, oddly enough, I do think Rendlesham was more than just an 'experiment' and the hypothesis doesn't preclude 'contact.'

The quote you referenced about Adamski being directed as to where he might get a good shot of a UFO stood out to me as well.

Kandinsky cited the image I used above but I somehow neglected to it's:

Flying Saucer Review, 1960.

The mere mention of Kandinsky's name makes me wish he were here. He's brilliant and open minded and never fails to make me think.

Exploring a little deeper how, exactly, Dr, Vallee came not only to his Rendlesham theory, but to the heart of his IDH as well, I believe, can be a fascinating and revelatory topic. More on that later.

I hit reply and then I see jritzman shows up with some excellent input...maybe I spoke to soon about a great thread just sitting here.....

edit on 6-1-2011 by The GUT because: add p.s.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Anything regarding the work of Jacques Vallee is automatically fascinating. I have made it a goal to collect every single one of his books. I am currently reading his own published diaries "Forbidden Science" Volume 1 (1957-69) and Volume 2 (1970-79). I have made these available to download as eBooks on a few BitTorrent sites.

Reading these books will show you many specific details relating to the interesting circles that both Vallee and Hynek ran with. The 1970s in California were a very important time - and Jacques did all of his pioneering computer research, UFO data collections and occult studies at this time. His diaries speak of meetings with Anton LaVey and Colonel McMurtry, "a retired U.S. Army officer who is the titular head of the American Branch of the
Ordo Templis Orienti". The O.T.O. was started by Aleister Crowley.

There are interesting correlations between occult magick and people involved with the aerospace industry. Specifically the late Jack Parsons:

---

We also discussed the early days of the American branch of the O.T.O. in Los Angeles when disciple Jack Parsons was one of the founders of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. In Parsons' magical group were his girlfriend Betty and a young adventurer named Ron Hubbard who stole her away and took Parsons' money under the pretense of buying a boat for the group. There was a chase, an epic magical duel on the astral plane. Hubbard later founded Dianetics, which became Scientology.

Parsons died prematurely in 1952, Don said, killed in his garage in Santa Monica. Did he really drop a load of explosives or was he involved in some “forbidden” alchemical operation? One version of his death states that he was blown away under a bathtub by a blast that cutoff his right hand. Parson's correspondence with his wife, a red-headed she-devil whom Anger used in his film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome, shows him to be a brilliant man with insights into science and metaphysics. These letters were burnt by the woman, but not before an English occultist had saved the text, which is circulating among a select group. Don has given me a copy of it.

---

Jacques Vallee also reveals personal details about Dr. J. Allen Hynek and his occult interests as well:

In one of his books Jean-Paul Sartre speaks of “perfect” moments
in life: I felt such perfection as I stood with Hynek among the books
of hermetic scholarship, with the iron staircase going up to the
gallery and the Chinese idols grimacing around us. We spent a
private hour with Manly Hall. He showed us rare Babylonian tablets,
Persian lamps with eight wicks. He told us about his admirable
personal goal: to live fully the life of a man, and having lived it, to
share it with others. “The books you see around you,” he told us,
“are all works I picked myself.”

They do form a unique collection, but he has been forced to remove
from the shelves the titles that dealt with witchcraft. Unkept fellows
with a strangely haggard look kept borrowing them, handling them
roughly, tearing out the illustrations or even stealing the books. Hall
feels no respect for Crowley and the O.T.O.: “All this so-called
modern occultism comes from one small region in Germany,” he
said, “This isn't magic. Real esoteric research is much deeper.”

I walked along the shelves reading the spines, thinking of the
people who had used these books -- from the lofty minds of scholars
to the sick brain of Sirhan Sirhan ready to murder Robert Kennedy.

“Tell me one thing, Allen,” I asked him as we left, “is there a secret
society under this overtly philosophical organization?”

“Not to my knowledge. And I've known them since 1930.”

“You surprise me. Manly Hall's best-known book hints at an occult
order. It is entitled Secret Teachings of all Ages.

“That's the work that led me to them,” Allen went on. “At 16 I was
a member of Heindel's Rosicrucian society; My friend Andy Howie
showed me that book, which cost over a hundred dollars, a great deal
of money at the time. I saved to buy it on instalment, paying his
organization five dollars per month. All my student friends thought I
was crazy: why didn't I buy a motorcycle instead, as they all did?”

We both laughed, and we went on talking until we reached the
house of ufologist Idabel Epperson. Among her guests I was pleased
to see researcher Ann Druffel and Dr. Kocher, who had visited me in
Evanston in 1967. The topic of death and reincarnation came up.
Allen had already brought it up with Arthur Hastings and it is clearly
one of his major concerns, although he gives himself at least another
ten years to live, since he is only sixty-one now.

I spent the evening with Rod and his wife Gloria, discussing
science-fiction, UFOs and the Rand Corporation. I slept at their
house in Marina Del Rey, as the waves crashed on the beach below.

---

The subject of the Pentacle memo is brought up in Volume 1 of Vallee's diary. As The GUT has pointed out, it does reveal covert plans to simulate UFO waves. The leaked copy can be read here: www.book-of-thoth.com...

There have been other obscure comments made by others that allude to Rendlesham being a PsyOp. Most notably from Barry King. Whether or not he is credible I am not sure. There are videos on YouTube of recorded interviews with Barry King that are alleged to be for CSETI/The Disclosure Project. The following video gets into King's information about psychological operations, programmed life forms and Rendlesham:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
However, I do have serious doubts about this statement he made during an interview.

In cases like this one--not many but a few of them--that I investigated, I had to conclude that these were tests of virtual reality projectors.
Source: Heretic Among Heretics: Jacques Vallee Interview

Hi Pimander,

Vallee gave more detail of his projection theory in relation to the Rendlesham Forest about 20 years ago in his book "Revelations" - see the Jacques Vallee : “Revelations: Alien Contact and Human Deception” (1991) at pages 167-180 (in Chapter 6) of the Ballantine Books paperback edition.

It's not unreasonable for people to think it is a newer idea - Vallee's theory has been largely ignored (or briefly dismissed) in the MANY subsequent discussions of the Rendlesham Forest incident by both skeptics and ETHers.

Most skeptics dismiss Vallee's thoery on the basis of a lack of evidence to support it and on the basis that there are more straightforward explanations, most ETHers dismiss Vallee's explanation of the Rendlesham Forest incident since it does not explain many of the pieces of evidence they rely upon.

All the best,

Isaac

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join