It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy of the false legend of the Grail

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Anna of Judea's grandson or great-grandson was the actual King behind the nursery rhyme Old King Cole.
As a quick interjection before I comment on the OP, I must say I find this claim extremely unlikely. The nursery rhyme is:
"Old King Cole was a merry old soul
And a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe
And he called for his bowl
And he called for his fiddlers three!"

Well, he couldn't have called for his pipe or fiddlers until smoking & fiddles were introduced to Britain, but also until they were popular enough that the singers would know what the words meant, otherwise they'd be nonsense. Nonsense words in old song go along the lines of "tra la di diddly oh, faith marry nuncle!" etc. not specific nouns. Imo, Old King Cole was probably a piece of political satire.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was aimed at King Charles II during The Restoration by The Puritans. Smoking & any music outside of liturgical plainsong were considered sinful. The "bowl" may have been a reference to drinking alcohol or gluttony, perhaps a conflation of both. "Merry", mentioned twice for emphasis, still has connotations of drunkenness, frivolity &, by extension, licentiousness, in the UK: something The Puritans were dead against.

Its just that back then, if you'd sang:
"King Charles is going to hell
And if you're not like us,
So are you as well!"

You could very easily find yourself having your tongue forcibly removed from your head.
edit on 20/1/11 by Bunken Drum because: kin tags

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Hmm, so are we addressing Sir Zorgon? Do you know the queen?

I do not know Her Majesty Elizabeth personally but in our workings we have had communication with her in her guise as head of the Order of the Blue Garter and more specifically as head of the Knights of Saint John. Also Prince Charles in context of the restoration of the Mary Rose.

One of my favorite contacts is Dame Stella Bernardi D.G.O.T. Chancellor of the Grand Priory of England and Wales, Knights Templar. This was in regards to a project we were working on that has been placed on hold due to three of our team passing of heart attacks within a three month period. Kinda knocked the wind out of our sails so to speak...

Sigh... this thread reminds me it's time to pick up the pieces and try again
edit on 20-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I hope you don't mind a bit of a ramble about Christianity in Britain, which plays into the Grail lore..

I live in Sussex, and our first King, King Aelle is purported to be the pagan Saxon chief who fought Arthur at the battle of Mons Badonicus, which is surprising really, since we have no Arthurian legends.. but if the battle took place then Aelle fits the bill as a leader.. all except the Pagan part.

That is the major flaw in all the assumptions put forward about pagan Saxon Britain is that the archaeology does not support what we assume is true (not around here anyway)

From around the late 3rd century the Saxons around here where being buried in the manner of Christians..

(Good examples of this are the Saxon burial sites at Alfriston or Highdown Hill both of which clearly show most of the bodies buried rather than cremated were laid out east-west with the head at the western end in the manner of early Christians. These date from late 3rd century onwards.. as a bit of trivia Alfriston is also the site of the early female Saxon Saint Lewinna, so there is a strong Christian connection there)

(Another bit of trivia to maintain the contrary nature of all this: Sussex is said to have been the last Saxon Kingdom to convert to Roman Christianity by St Wilfred)

So now marry the burials with the archaeological evidence that the Briton's in Sussex lived with the Saxons in harmony, while the notion has been put forward that contrary to popular misconception of the Anglo-Saxon chronicles the Saxons in Sussex where in fact in the service of the local Britons, this notion is more in tune with the archaeological evidence that that presented in the Anglo-Saxon chronicles.

Which is also born out in the Sussex dialect which is a mix of Brythonic, Anglo-Saxon and old Dutch with only a hint of 14c French. (the Sussex dialect was only pushed out of the way by Standard English in the last century and you can still find the books written in the Sussex dialect and Sussex dictionaries on line if you want to follow that up.. you'll also find Rudyard Kipling using the dialect in his works)

Learning that what I was taught was not true took me down the path of looking at Roman Britain and the battle that was raging between the Christian Church of Rome and the Christian Church in Britain. Which can be clearly seen in the battle between Pelagius and the likes of Augustine of Hippo, Jerome (main author of the Vulgate) and others in Rome.

Religious beliefs we now accept as the foundations of the Roman Church only came about after and as a direct result of a conflict between the 2 different views (Rome and Britain) of original sin.

A further response from Rome was to try to eradicate this religious view from the British Isles and from within the specific British leadership of Vortigern, they did this by sending the likes of St Germanus of Auxerre to Britain (Bishop and Roman General) and Palladius (Predecessor of St Patrick) to Ireland to prevent the spread of Pelagianism there.

Interestingly while in Britain, St Germanus raised an army and fought a battle against a combined Saxon/Pict Army in the Mold, Northern Wales, and one can almost conclude that the only way for the Picts and Saxons to get that far into Britain was with the help of the British leadership, adding fuel to that fire St Germanus excluded the British leadership from the Army he raised.

So from an invasion from the North we then obviously move onto the Saxon invasion from the South and the likes of Aelle being put forward as the leader who fought King Arthur, and if we can accept that Saxons where in the employ of the Britons, and where buried in the manner of Christians.. We can almost conclude that Arthur was a supporter of not just Rome but the Church of Rome and his battles an extension of the battle between these version of Christianity.

From that I conclude (my opinion) that the Britons who left Britain for Brittany where in fact also supporters of Rome and the Church of Rome.. leaving behind a Christian Britain.. one that didn't support Rome., obviously open to invasion, but that seems a side point to ridding Britain of the Roman yoke.

And then we have the arrival of the not so Pagan Saxons (at least not down here) and the spread of what we now call Celtic Christianity (a name I feel is merely used to cover the Pelagians that Rome tried to eradicate)

But what is surprising is that you will find a large number of non glosses of the Vulgate in Anglo-Saxon Britain.. literature that is said to be only good for criticism of the Vulgate.. and I would really love to see a full translation to see if it does marry into Pelagianism or hint at what the heck created this clash in the first place.

We then have the Papal mission to Britain to convert the Anglo-Saxon, but Rome was again confronted with Celtic (Pelagian??) Christianity.. Which in Sussex meant St Wilfred getting beating up on his first attempt to convert them..things seem to settle down after this..

Then we jump forward to the Papal sponsored Norman Invasion that brought back the Britons from Brittany and continued the battle of the Churches, which is what I think we see within the Arthurian legends.. a way of regaining control of these Isles, the Normans then led the conversion of Ireland back to Rome.

The thing is, what I do not understand fully is why was the driving force behind the Christianity of these Isles that has set it on course to clash with Rome for the better part of 1700 years????????

Now that is the question I can not answer...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You dog.

I wonder how different it is from my 1972 published translation by Jeffery Gantz. I think Gantz did an excellent job, but of course I know nothing about the original Welsh version.

Mind telling us more about your new acquisition?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Thanks alot for posting this information. It is like you found a whole new Queen with her entire kingdom down the rabbit hole.

This adds a lot of support for my theory that Christ might have been influenced by the druids.

It seems we have a ruse within a ruse within a ruse, or thereabouts.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Thank you for the contribution, thoughtsfull. You have taught me some new things, and for that I thank you. Never heard this story before now. I gave you a star for the hard work.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa

The Grail is in fact, self awareness, consciousness, enlightenment, personal salvation.

Not exactly.
Its what was "in" the cup.
Shaktipat or the Spiritual Transmission of Grace.

Luke 3:16 John answered them all, "I baptize you with water. But one more powerful than I will come, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think one of the keys to solving the mystery, is to figure out why the Romans went to such extent to destroy the Druidic centers of learning, when the youth of the nobility from numerous cultures were sent to those universities to be educated.

Could this be the reason?

Later after the invasion of the Romans, one Roman general by the name of Gaius Suetonius Paulinus, destroyed the Druids largest and most precious centers of learning and its library at Anglesey in AD 60.

Once the Druids centers of learning were ruined, then came the beginning of one of the most famous of all historical spins. With so many records and histories lost in the destruction of these schools, Rome could make any claim, put forth any statement of “fact”, and they did. Sadly they are still in play today. Rome laid claim to the Druidic undertaking of:

* Road Building
* Establishing civilizations and cities
* Creating centers of study
* Fostering the Christianizing of England

Read more at Suite101: The End of the Druids: Romes Destruction in England, Scotland, and Ireland www.suite101.com...

It isn't that hard to believe that the people who succeeded in turning the Roman Republic into an empire, would seek to end any schools of thought that might have taught that we should be free from tyranny.

Peredur took the spoils he gained from his victory at the tournament hosted by the Empress of Constantinople, and gave them to the Miller's wife. It seems like an apt metaphor for what we have seen through history.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
You peeps really are amazing!

You don't know what the truth is but you know what the truth isn't!

There's a question:

Is the glass half-empty or half-full?

Most of you say the answer is BOTH but it isn't, and the reason it isn't is simple math. Go Google "volume equations" and click on any link on the first page and then ask:

Dew they use open containers or closed containers in volume equations?

Answer:

Closed containers, such as your friggin closed minds (a mind does contain so it qualifies as a container)!

What is a GLASS? It is a SPECIAL CUP, one without a handle and an OPEN CONTAINER, like you are supposed to be but aren't!

What that question is all about is to show you that you are supposed to be that Glass, an Open Container, and you are supposed to question everything, so as to fill that Open Container with the Truth, to then become the Cup that runneth over . . . the Cup of Everlasting Life . . . the Cup known as The Holy Graile.

Each and every ONE of We are that Cup, so start questioning everything to finally be who you were born to be and stop being stoopid.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

My cup runneth over.

Isn't the question of whether or not our cup is half full or half empty, really asking if their is anything left to drink?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

My cup runneth over.

Isn't the question of whether or not our cup is half full or half empty, really asking if their is anything left to drink?

It is only half-full so stop drinking from it dammit!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted here somewhere, if it is I'm sorry I'm too lazy to read over four pages.

So here it is :

There are 3 main Legends about the Holy Grail
1. Perceval, The Story of the Grail by Chrétien de Troyes
2. Joseph of Arimithea, or the Novel of the History of the Grail by Robert de Boron
3. Parzival by Wolfram von Eschenbach

Those 3 different Legends depicts the Holy Grail in different ways some of it claims that the Holy Grail is a dish, some say it is the Spear of Destiny, some of them say it is the Philosopher's stone that is sought by alchemists. All of them differs except the story of the Grail as holy relic that would give them unlimited power.

All of the Holy Grail legends are coded novels by the Gnostics. As you know Heretics are being persecuted at the time the Legends came out so they have to be careful about the stories they publish, they thought of a clever way to deceive the Catholics and they used legends to pass on their knowledge secretly without them being persecuted.

The stories of the Holy grail is coded and you can find many gnostic teachings inside it if you look hard enough.

Here's a hint: The Holy Grail is not an item, they only did that to deceive the Catholics into thinking that there is really a sacred relic.

There are many more coded novels, legends, stories that is made by the Gnostics to pass on their teachings. See if you can find more and if you can understand their teachings.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Well sir, theres only 14 musical notes! And they dont all work together! A, A#/Bb, B, B#/Cb, C, C#/Db, D, D#/Eb, E, E#/Fb, F, F#/Gb, G, G#Ab. For instance, The Gmajor scale. G, A, B, C, D, E, F#. Then it just repeats itself. Into another octave.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yes 13 Knight's plus Merlyn makes 14

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lateralussicksicksick
I don't know if this has been posted here somewhere, if it is I'm sorry I'm too lazy to read over four pages.

I would suggest that if you wish your threadmates to respect your contribution by reading it, you should respect theirs by catching up.
This is a rich topic, and everyone's contribution is worth consideration.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Im going to post some factual stuff, stuff from atrifacts, stuff from stonehenge and i might throw a bit in from the horses mouth, trust me i would prefer to speak of these things in a more humble tone, yet i found it is better to be straight forward in such things, as i was also taught by the Native AMericans to speak of where one comes from and of what authority one might speak from, as well as ones personal vision.

i chose the name Fortis for this forum because it is part of our current family motto.

The reason i find myself knowing a bit more of the truth than most without much of the disinfo is ive lived it and i am it.

Pendragon is the simplest label i could put on myself.

I have been healing as well as regaining my memories, you see being who i am as well as were i was even if nobody know who i am there were things done to my noodle to cause me to repress information and such of specific natures. No worrys though because i think it takes a pretty big peice of classified machinary to cause it to lock up like it did, long story that i tried to tell to the best of my ability elsewhere, you could say im sort of a unified conspiracy lumped on one guys shoulders to deal with.

anyways, i just wanted to post some stuff concerning the Grail Arcturian bloodline.

So to some we were called Hound Lord, on further inspections i found that hound, Cabal(ya just like Kabbalah) guards the gates of the underworld, he is also known as the hound of ensharing.

we are conciderd Hunters and Healers of a magical type you might say.

most legends and myths refer to the healing powers of the Grail as well as the Quest or the hunt.

You could say the story's of the grail are for family members to use there skills of the hunt to quest for that grail within, it is in this quest that we can then guide others in the quest or hunt for the grail.

but there are other things.

legends hold truth in them, can you read them properly, here is what upsets me at times, argueing about truth.
Or to me sometimes its like watching someone try to tell a Native Elder how to speak his language after they learend it from an online dictionary, one example if you dont know you might make an ass out of yourself.

the word for thankyou, is it PiddaMyaYello, or is it Pillamyayallo, is it with a D or an L, depends on if its DAkota Nakota or Lakota of the Souix Nation, ya i did my chop wood carry watter time just like a good arthur would.

i should say the reason why i am a bit blunt is because ive read allot of false claims as well as acusations of my bloodline while being severly attacked for well over 35 years, so please keep this in mind what i may have been through concerning all of this as well as considering where i am in the bloodline stuff
Cunobeline or Cunobelinus (also written Kynobellinus, Κυνοβελλίνος in Greek and sometimes abbreviated to Cunobelin) (late 1st century BC - 40s AD) was a historical king in pre-Roman Britain, known from passing mentions by classical historians Suetonius and Dio Cassius, and from his many inscribed coins. He appears to have controlled a substantial portion of south-eastern England, and is called "Britannorum rex" ("king of the Britons") by Suetonius. He also appears in British legend as Cynfelyn (Welsh), Kymbelinus (Medieval Brito-Latin) or Cymbeline (Shakespeare, et al.), in which form he is the subject of a play by William Shakespeare. His name is a compound made up of cuno- "hound" and "Belenos" (the god) Belenus".

In the Mabinogion, the story is told of Culhwch and Olwen, and part of this relates to the hunting by King Arthur and his knights of the wild boar Twrch Trwyth[2] with dogs. Cefn Carn Cafall (the ridge of Cafall's cairn) is a mountain near Builth in Breconshire where the footprint of King Arthur's favourite hunting dog, Cafall, is located in a conglomerate boulder on top of the cairn. If taken away, the boulder always mysteriously returns to its position on the cairn.[3][4] Cafal or Cabal also appears in Geraint of the Mabinogion as Arthur's favourite hunting dog in the hunting of the white stag.[5] The Black Dog of Blythburgh in Suffolk entered the church and killed a few people in its progress through the building before exiting and leaving its claw-marks on various stones in the building.[6

Cunomaglus ("Hound Lord") is the epithet of a Celtic god identified with Apollo. A temple at Nettleton Shrub in Wiltshire was dedicated to Apollo Cunomaglus, existing shortly after 69 AD. In the 3rd Century BC it developed into a major cult centre: a large shrine, hall, hostel, shops, and priest's house were built, demonstrating the wealth and popularity of the cult. Diana and Silvanus were also worshipped there, suggesting that Cunomaglus may have been a god of hunting. It is also possible the shrine may have been a healing sanctuary, since Apollo's main role as a Celtic god was as a healer, the site is close to water, and finds such as tweezers and pins ma

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
oh here is the last sentance of that refernce, it is important.
Cunomaglus may have been a god of hunting. It is also possible the shrine may have been a healing sanctuary, since Apollo's main role as a Celtic god was as a healer, the site is close to water, and finds such as tweezers and pins may denote the presence of a curative cult.

I should also mention, my uncle Bob, well he was Col Robert E Kimball, retired Director of Army RnD 1967, was in from 1953 in Army RnD 3 mnths after it was created.

that plays a role in all this stuff, there are allot of facets to it all, and well swords and such change over time do they not.

oh he was my great uncle i should add, my gradpa, well he was a very high level mason and templar.

just thought i would mention that.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Caratacus (Brythonic *Caratācos, Greek Καράτακος; variants Latin Caractacus, Greek Καρτάκης) was a first century British chieftain of the Catuvellauni tribe, who led the British resistance to the Roman conquest.

another Pendragon, or i should just say grandfather, Tungashila, a term used in prayer to God as well as refernce to the begining one, the patriarch, the elders, the ancestors passed on are called grandfathers or Tungashila.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I have been down that rabbit hole too, for 10 years I searched for the meaning of the Grail. It it is false, then a lot of Templars were tortured to death over something that didn't exist, and the Holy Roman Church certainly paid out a lot of money to keep it quiet. I suggest you read this book:
The Templars and the Grail: Knights of the Quest
The Author, Karen Ralls, was curator at Rosslyn Chapel for 18 years, and is very knowledgeable on this subject matter. There is a lot of stuff on the Grail Legends that is fake, but the Bloodline is as real as it gets.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join