It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member here to raise the level of sanity a notch or two

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hi all,

I stumbled across this board a few days ago and based on my past experiences with similar "other" boards which shall remain nameless (simply because I'm too embarrassed to identify myself with them
), the quality of the majority of threads that I've read so far easily puts those "other" boards to shame.
However it needs to be said that no matter where you go, there seems to be no escaping those few individuals unfortunately prone to various forms of delusional psychosis interspersed with the odd demented rambling, large doses of paranoia and various other forms of mental aberrations.
But thats life for you and in the immortal words of the Gump himself, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Ain't that the truth !

So here I am, ready and eager to jump in the deep end feet first and see if I sink or swim !

Will be looking forward to making everyone's acquaintance at some time or another. Some will come to enjoy my contributions and straightforward talk and opinions... other's not so much. Can't hope to please everyone, can you ?

Ok, let me start the love/hate relationship with a couple of beliefs of mine.

Evolution
I don't believe in evolution as crammed down our throats. Basing it on essentially random change responding to environmental factors simply doesn't cut the mustard with me. There's a major and key element driving evolution that we're totally ignorant off.
Having said the above, I'm most certainly NOT a creationist ... God does NOT exist and NO need to invent such a crutch.

Religion
See comment above.

Organized religion has been the bane of mankind for 1000's of years and without question THE greatest scam EVER perpetuated ... especially the Christian and Muslim versions. Whoever the geniuses were that came up with the basis and framework that successfully ensnared billions of people with the promise of eternal salvation based on false hope, my hats of to you as that was a shear genius stroke of mass psychological manipulation carried out on a planetary scale !

Alien intelligence
Only referring to our own galaxy here.
We humans seem to be the highest technological species inhabiting it at the present. There is ZERO, let me repeat that a few times for it to sink in, ZERO,ZERO,ZERO evidence of any alien species more technologically advanced that we are.

UFO's
See above.

You can drag out as many indistinct, blurry, hazy, out of focus photos and vids of nondescript blobs and lights as you please.
Stop deluding yourselves, get a grip on reality and accept the fact that NOT a single verifiable image exists because there's NO aliens visiting us, living with us, reproducing with us, abducting us, manipulating us, eating us or whatever other wacky beliefs you may have. NO ALIENS ... period !

Nubiru, planet X or whatever / 2012 / Mayan Calendar / Reptilian overlords / Astral projection
What a load of nonsensical claptrap. How any rational person can claim to believe in such idiocy.
Reality is waiting for you anytime you want to give up your delusional and unsupportable beliefs.

Ok, that'll do for starters ... I'm sure I've rubbed more than a few people the wrong way ... too bad as lots more where that came from

Am I going to enjoy myself here or what !!!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
TEASPOONS!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yeah, great start - ugh ...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hooray, someone with an opinion on things. What a breath of fresh air!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the excellent first post which has answered nearly all of the important questions in life.

Please share the secret of how you acquired this higher knowledge ?

So far life has only granted me the following wisdom >

My opinion vs your opinion vs his opinion vs her opinion vs their opinion etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beissensiemich

Hi beissensiemich, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
@GirlGenius
@imjustlikeyou

So which particular belief systems of yours have I just trodden on ?
Religion ? ... Aliens ?... 2012 ? ... I guess the list could go on and on, couldn't it ?

Should I apologize ? Sure, but ONLY if you happen to have qualitative and quantitative evidence to support your particular version of reality.
edit on 3-1-2011 by beissensiemich because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Sorry ... double post.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What a great intro post

Nothing like coming onboard and immediately bringing out the gauntlets and giving certain ridiculous beliefs a slap across the chops !

Great stuff indeed and will be looking forward to a strong presence from you in various threads.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

What is your evidence God does not exist?

In your opinion God does not exist.

Not one human on this earth can prove there is no God.

If you have found that absolute evidence that God does not exist then you will win a Nobel Prize.

Show me your evidence of your statement that God does not exist. Believe it or not there are many questions man can not answer.

Have fun on the forum.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beissensiemich
@GirlGenius
@imjustlikeyou

So which particular belief systems of yours have I just trodden on ?
Religion ? ... Aliens ?... 2012 ? ... I guess the list could go on and on, couldn't it ?

Should I apologize ? Sure, but ONLY if you happen to have qualitative and quantitative evidence to support your particular version of reality.

You don't have to apologize about anything. I welcome your presence.

Which version of science do you belief in ?

How long before the "next scientific breakthrough" which will rewrite everything we know about science ?

Do you look back and laugh at some of the beliefs/naivety in science from 100 years ago ?

Do you think people in the future will look back and laugh at us ?
edit on 3-1-2011 by imjustlikeyou because: spelling

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Welcome to ATS.

If you have found that absolute evidence that God does not exist then you will win a Nobel Prize.

Show me your evidence of your statement that God does not exist. Believe it or not there are many questions man can not answer.

Have fun on the forum.

Thanks for the welcome ... much appreciated.

Now, give me a break, will you !

You're essentially asking me to provide NEGATIVE proof regarding a belief system of yours that you (and every other "god believer") in turn have ZERO POSITIVE proof with which to substantiate it. Simply saying god (notice I didn't use a capital G) exists because you want and need such an entity to exist as a crutch to lean on, is valueless logic.

Here's a similar fallacious example:

I believe that we live on a disc shaped planet, supported on the backs of 4 enormous elephants which in turn are standing on the back of a gigantic turtle.
Now go ahead and prove that my belief system is wrong and the above isn't real.
Because I believe the above, surely that's all that it takes to make it real ?

Simply believing in something does NOT necessarily make it real.
We've had 2000 years for someone to provide solid, indisputable and unchallengeable proof of ANY god's existence. Has it happened ? Nope.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Welcome to ATS.

Have fun on the forum.

Prove to me god does exist.
Go on. Waiting....
Oh wait, no human on earth can prove that god exists/ does not exist.
Don't troll the newbies.

edit on 3-1-2011 by CoffeeMonster because: typo

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
So yesterday we get a new guy on with the same sort of attitude called "essensiemich" which means "Eat me" and today we get another very similar attitude with "Beissensiemich" which means "Bite me"

Same person?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by imjustlikeyou

Which version of science do you belief in ?

Which version ? Isn't there only ONE version of science, namely the one that attempts to successfully explain the workings of the universe that we find ourselves embedded within.
Don't even bother trying to convince me that the many pseudo-sciences such as the paranormal, occultism, auras, astral travel/out of body,etc have a place within "real" science. Because they don't. The sad part is that so many people seem to have this need or desire compelling them to give such ideas a semblance of validity.
Obviously reality as it truly is doesn't hold much appeal to such people who feel the compulsion to "warp" it to their own individualistic preferences ... may as well be living in a dream world.

How long before the "next scientific breakthrough" which will rewrite everything we know about science ?

There isn't going to be a rewrite of everything we know about science.
Scientific knowledge and understanding progresses onwards because it's built on a rock-solid foundation built by many people over many centuries. Look at the world you live in ... virtually everything you come into contact with and everything you use is the result of a science developed through experimentation and hard gained understanding.

Do you look back and laugh at some of the beliefs/naivety in science from 100 years ago ?

Not at all.
Given sufficient time and additional knowledge gained, most errors due to that eras lack of reliable scientific knowledge eventually become corrected. I'm sure there are a lot of current misapprehensions in our scientific framework that in time will be eliminated or corrected as additional information is obtained.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
So yesterday we get a new guy on with the same sort of attitude called "essensiemich" which means "Eat me" and today we get another very similar attitude with "Beissensiemich" which means "Bite me"

Same person?

Simple and straightforward answer is .... no.

"Attitude" ?
The only attitude I have is with people who insist against all reasoning and logic and lack of proof in believing in the most outlandish and ridiculous ideas and beliefs. Doing a quick search through the threads shows that such people are alive and well here on ATS. They all need a serious wake up call !

By the way, well done for catching my little joke

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
What the?

You want to raise the level of sanity on a conspiracy board?

There IS NO sanity in conspiracies!!!

That's what makes them so much fun.

Its probably also why I can relate to so many of them.

BTW, welcome to ATS and have a flag on me.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beissensiemich

Ok, that'll do for starters ... I'm sure I've rubbed more than a few people the wrong way ... too bad as lots more where that came from

You're sure you rubbed people the wrong way..? More like you want to rub people the wrong way, huh..?

You're green...but please - don't let my spot on analysis prevent you from enjoying the site.

Oops, almost forgot - welcome and enjoy...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hello my friend,

Welcome to the forum. It is unlikely that we will see each other around the forums as we seem to have differing interests/beliefs. So, while I have you here, I'll borrow your intro to clear up one of your incorrect affirmations.

You state there is no God. While I will yield the point that according to how you define God, there may not be one. However, I define God as everything known and unknown as a whole. Therefore, as I define God, it does exist. Unless of course your of the opinion that nothing exists, then I cannot help you.

Thanks for sharing your views. I look forward to seeing them elaborated on if we bump into each other around this divine existence.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Given sufficient time and additional knowledge gained, most errors due to that eras lack of reliable scientific knowledge eventually become corrected. I'm sure there are a lot of current misapprehensions in our scientific framework that in time will be eliminated or corrected as additional information is obtained.

Why would you blindly belief something that changes and corrects itself as the truth.

What I learnt about the universe in school is no longer true, things I was taught as the "truth" have since been updated / changed. I bet your kids will be taught a different version of science than what you were.

What about dark matter, Do you know what it is ? - Is science starting to find things that we could not see before, the old "we cannot see it - therefore it does not exist".

Is Science "true" before it corrects itself, will it be "true" once the correction has happened or will it have to be corrected again in the future.

Isn't there only one version of the truth ? and if it is true, why does it need to change ?!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join