It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panic* What would you do IF *Panic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
the birthers were right, and, Obama was in cohoots with the Feds, and they all worked for the Bildeburgers to set up a NWO.........think about it, IF, they decided to "shutdown the govt., ie, no more tax returns, no social security checks, now welfare checks, no food stamps, no heat assitance, no EIC, just no more money from the Feds.........what would you do, what would your neighbors do, what would the country do...think about, think they might be on to "something"?(btw, there isn't any money, only debt) RUReady, will we be here in 2012 after the winter eqinox?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbsion
the birthers were right, and, Obama was in cohoots with the Feds, and they all worked for the Bildeburgers to set up a NWO.........think about it, IF, they decided to "shutdown the govt., ie, no more tax returns, no social security checks, now welfare checks, no food stamps, no heat assitance, no EIC, just no more money from the Feds.........what would you do, what would your neighbors do, what would the country do...think about, think they might be on to "something"?(btw, there isn't any money, only debt) RUReady, will we be here in 2012 after the winter eqinox?

I don't receive any social security checks, welfare checks, food stamps, heat assistance, or any EIC credits.
I wouldn't mind not paying taxes.

I don't receive any type of monetary help from the Federal government anyways so it doesn't matter to me.

I would pay my taxes to MY state and they can use it how MY state's representatives decide MY state's citizens want it spent.

If someone can explain to me how not having a federal government will hurt me please do so. I will gladly listen and maybe change my mind.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

I don't receive any social security checks, welfare checks, food stamps, heat assistance, or any EIC credits.

I don't receive any type of monetary help from the Federal government anyways so it doesn't matter to me.

I would pay my taxes to MY state and they can use it how MY state's representatives decide MY state's citizens want it spent.

If someone can explain to me how not having a federal government will hurt me please do so. I will gladly listen and maybe change my mind.

I suppose we are sailing in the same boat.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sbsion

There would be nothing you could do.
Apathy is the word of the day. Please dont bother me while I am watching prime time TV.

Back in the day people would work to together inside communities. The community is a thing of the past and has been replaced with micro family units. And these units serve only themselves.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

I agree with you 110%! The only downside I see is uneven population across the states. Say for instance state A has 50 million people living in it. It's neighbor B has only 10 million. State A would look like the Garden of Eden with all updated amenities. State B residents become jealous and move to state A. State B falls further into ruins.....Do you see where I'm going with this? It is a BEAUTIFUL idea to get rid of the federal government.....but there are always consequences.
Star for you

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Being fully self-sufficient, not needing nor recognising any government or leaders.. And far from the insanity of "western civilisation" .. Carry on as usual..

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

These are very important questions. There would be mass hysteria on a scale that hasn't been seen in a very long time. Even if you feel that you are "outside" that loop, you are surrounded by people that are dependent on these things, so it may not be a question of what will "you" do... but what will "they" do.

What makes this a scary scenario is those who think that they have nothing to worry about. Oh, food stamps, and social security, I dont get that so I'm ok. Nope. Your not. Not unless you live in a world all your own. Stores would close, your jobs lost, and then the so convenient services that were taken away, will now not be there for you either.

Some live in a bubble, thinking that following rules that are implemented and carried out by the government means that their right. No one chose to have to be dependent on services. Ive never seen a kid that said "when I grow up, I want to be on welfare". There are circumstances to everyone's story, even if you dont like it.

Paying your taxes, and following the rules is not an exemption for the times about to come.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
this is what I'm getting at............it's not weather we are ready, it's what "will" happen to our way of life if all of a sudden the congress decides to let the debt celling "fail".........could "they" be planning this mass deficit just for such a reason and Obaman was planted to bring this about??????

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

There would be nothing you could do.
Apathy is the word of the day. Please dont bother me while I am watching prime time TV.
Back in the day people would work to together inside communities. The community is a thing of the past and has been replaced with micro family units. And these units serve only themselves.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sbsion

yup........we have a community But, we still use money to function, what happens when the money is "no longer there"...........is that what they are after, set us up, then close the banks and mail?

new topics

top topics

join