It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBE / Crown Chakra - fear or something else?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by derickonfire
tiger5 - you're not horrid and I do sincerely respect your comments. Please do not think I am being egotistic and dismissive.

1. Auras can range what- 6ish feet? So, we are ridiculously close. He is definitely a concern..

2. What do you recommend I do? Continue with my meditations of my lower Chakras only while in the dark of room?

3. Would you consider it safe to fully energize my crown and 3e while in the bright glorious sun while sitting on dirty earth?

1. Well also think how far a possible entity could roam. He may walk past your room or even walk past you in the hall.

2. If you joined the practical physical training group you woul dhave learnt how to prepare and cleanse yourself, how to prepare and clean the room and how to prepare yourself for your practice. I am not going to set myself up as a cyber teacher or even your physical one (see previous post). Itis not your fault but we westerners have appropriated a fraction of chakra - knowledge out of its cultural milieu and made American Chakras inc. Check out my signature.

3. What I would suggest is contacting and mainting contact with your spirit guides and ancestors as they are very protective. I just gave ya more than I intended but that is the way of the spirit.

All of the above is just IMHO.

Rgds

T
edit on 4-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2011 by tiger5 because: typos

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
reply to post by derickonfire

This spiritual chop suey is not good. I keep telling people it is better to find a school and stick with it. Should you get into serious spiritual indigestion from this chop suey who will help you to unravel this mess?

Just a thought

T

edit on 4-1-2011 by tiger5 because: reword

I agree, why must there be a rush? I like the way you described it as chop suey.
I have a slim book by Mr. Tom Tam - of the Oriental Culture institute - because I have learned a small, very small amount from a student of his . . . I know how unbelievably strong the Qi is - he writes about running fire in a slim book, Tai Chi Dao Yin - actually the beginning of this small book is very illuminating. Since the OP is reading so many things in so many directions - the small hour to read this book if you come across it is but a brief heartbeat of time in the big picture of the Universe. I am not advertising by the way. I am respecting. Mr. Tam is a Master. Since I am an American by birth, and did not grow with a cultural awareness of these pursuits I do humbly submit to their instruction.

I see some here fly wild. Things are speeding up, so perhaps decades are no longer needed, but I think one should not think these things can be achieved at warp speed. You may get there that way, but will ALL of you be there?
edit on 5-1-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: typo

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
In the kind curious tone a kin to Socrates...

Where am I rushing? I appreciate the help, but can we drop that misconceived notion?

Slow down, how? Can we speak in detail instead of generalities?

I've tried to be very clear, and have yet seen much detail in practice aside from many inputs which can easily be construed by varying perspectives.

I hate to come off now as bold and ego-filled, but I've read much greater detailed accounts and practices in passing - especially in a flurry of threads here on ATS.

What help am I to receive by "slow down" especially without an answer to "why" or "how"?

The one thing I've taken from this thread has been in a single world, "ancestors"... is that all?

I've been a long time lurker of ATS because I rarely have success with convo, perhaps that best fits me.
edit on 5-1-2011 by derickonfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Chop Suey?

Spirituality is spirituality. What harm is really going to come from differences in interpretation?

A quick google if "Qi" shows what I've previously learned on my own accord.

Source

It is chi, it is prana, it is shakti, it is the holy spirit, it is pneuma, light, breath, ka, and mana.

It is all the same, where is the harm in the same? It is something I can feel at a moments notice if I do a satanic-paganistic, new age white light and chakra, greek mythology, or Buddhist method.

The fact that I have to argue to you all that these are all the same, and that we are all needing these vast different explanations because of our vast different ways of understanding due to culture and life-accumulated experiences is annoying. Lucifer's birth to the ego at the 5th Chakra is vastly powerful, indeed.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Chop Suey?

Spirituality is spirituality. What harm is really going to come from differences in interpretation?

A quick google if "Qi" shows what I've previously learned on my own accord.

Source

It is chi, it is prana, it is shakti, it is the holy spirit, it is pneuma, light, breath, ka, and mana.

It is all the same, where is the harm in the same? It is something I can feel at a moments notice if I do a satanic-paganistic, new age white light and chakra, greek mythology, or Buddhist method.

Actually you do not have to argue with anyone about the similarity between certain chi, prana, etc.

I confess that I used Chopsuey in the mythical manner as an invention that would not be recognised in the original culture or homeland.

I was pointing about the evil of inventing spiritual practice using magpie practices.

There is a no harm in “differences in interpretation” if you are a pure theoretician. If you are working on a practical activity with that attitude there is a high risk of harm. If you were an armchair occultist I would not have bothered but as a practioner who appear to be approaching a crunch point I thought I would intervene.

Why not find a proper school or teacher and start training properly?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Google searching for spiritual guidance. Now that is impressive, and you learned all you need to know?
edit on 5-1-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I work a graveyard shift on the weekends, and got home early this morning. My girlfriend was in bed, and I wasn't tired enough to fall asleep so I laid next to her and did some meditations.

After a while I had lit and energized all my chakras, and was moving up to my crown. The sensation of bliss was beginning to burst out of my head when all of a sudden I was filled with a repetition of thoughts saying, "he is being really stupid" over and over, and very quickly. Quicker than I can speak in my head, if that makes sense.

I got scared, and became hesitant and stopped. I then lit my body in white and went to sleep.

My question is - what is this? I didn't "feel" any fear or reason not to continue but these thoughts really scared me.

I've been trying for a long time to get past the point I am now.

I've seen some crazy things, and my 3eye is open, but its very fuzzy and I can't focus or navigate(?). I see a lot of small blinking eyes, white dots, and can see things in front of my with my eyes closed (faintly, particularly my own hands).

I've not attained an OBE yet, or been able to 'communicate' with anything.

Any help or advice?
edit on 3-1-2011 by derickonfire because: (no reason given)

You come here seeking help and advice and then you are rude? You do a quick google search but have it all figured out on your own? I think the voice is trying to tell you something.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
To you both. I've recognized your concerns and as I have already said - they have not been taken lightly. Nor have they been my first exposure to need for concern, and I have been cautious the entire time.

Most of my practical work has been that of self-security. Most of it has been strengthening myself, cleansing myself, and self-examination to rid of unwanted factors such as attachments and entities.

However, again - how does any of this conversation fit into my original inquiry? It doesn't.

TheBirdIsDone: I knew you specifically would respond the way you did to my posts. I shall just say that you are wrong in your assumptions, and your defensive emotions towards me which you just shown are not needed. I am not rude, and had no intention of being such. But, I tried to express myself clearly without beating around the bush. I could counter-act your assumptions with reason and logic, but it's not my problem to do so. You're welcome to dismiss yourself, but still know that I thank you for your input here. It just began to be a little repetitious, and "rude" in it's own regard. Also, I don't think you should dismiss the power which Google grants, as it is a portal to written knowledge from other souls.

In conclusion, this thread is lost.

Good day to you all, and I shall see you around!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well, regardless, I believe you will continue to meditate on your crown chakra. If you must, I advise you to take up interest in studying history. One way to keep one's world perspective in check and remaining humble. In this case, keeping yourself grounded and connected to humanity. Also, even when you do consistently mediate on your crown chakra, the Kundalini energy does not always "come up." 50% of the time you may not be able to produce the meditation experience that you intended. Persistent is the key as well as having little or no expectations.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Thank you ChiForce, and I agree. History is also a great source to learn a lot about everything. I am an avid reader, and am currently reading Howard Zinn's People's History of the U.S. and Plato's Dialogues (just finished Euthyphro and Apology).

You are right, it would be wise for me to use it as a way to stay in 'check'. =)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
To be afraid of the energy, the Chi within is to be afraid of your true self and all that is. Energy flows through all the Universe and everything within and outside of us. Why be afraid of our true nature? You do not need to be a part of a group or a particular teaching to move forward in this journey. Do not bind yourself by the fears and limitations of others.

What merits particular focus are your intentions. Your intentions are directly tied with the outcome.

My current main goal is to reach the other side - to affirm what it is that I already know, and to communicate with beings whom are masters (not of me, but in a sense of mastery).

What is the "other side?" you wish to reach? Why can't you affirm what you already know, right here, right now?Why do you want to communicate with ascended masters? What is your purpose and intention? What type of knowledge do you seek?

I am awaiting my own blue eyed monk. Tis most the reason I posted about this, as I am hoping for an answer that sits well with me. Consider my post a cry to the universe, and perhaps someone somewhere will hear.

The only "blue eyed monk you" you need is your higher self. The higher self is the most perfect version of you living outside this time and space guiding you forward. While you rummage through the world jungle confused, the higher self sits at the top of the mountain, being able to see everything clearly, guiding you forth. Essentially, it is you.

And yes it is fear that is holding you back.

I got scared, and became hesitant and stopped.

I understand the concept of grounding, and have taken this very seriously as my fear has terrified me many many times, and true grounding is a way to mentally relieve myself of this fear.

Most of my practical work has been that of self-security.

Fear holds me back a lot, but I know I have nothing to fear

You know you should not have fear on an intellectual level but deep inside the fire of fear still burns within you. This journey is one of many small steps. Your fixation on an end goal is blurring the steps in front of you. Balance is the key word here. You are throwing yourself around everywhere trying to reach to the "top" of the pyramid, yet your foundation is shaky.

I really think I am ready to experience more, but I can't seem to 'let go'?

Here is your answer. You must let go of the old to allow the new to come in. The lower chakras, fears, limitations, beliefs must be examined and worked on before rising. But let it be known, this process alone is a whole journey unto itself. Stop looking at a goal, at the future and be present. Then you will have a strong foundation. You will be unshakeable.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Whatever happened to you was real and was to guide to whatever path it may lead you to. This maybe just a stepping stone for a bigger spiritual experience for you. I myself accidentally raised my Kundalini 2 years ago...and spent 3 months in a state which clinically described as schizophrenia. The Kundalini is very powerful...I would have never imagined it would have turned my life upside down. The experience was something very metaphysical and best described like a biblical or esoteric experience. I'll share my Kundalini experience if anyone would like to hear it.

However I wouldn't have found this site and come across many truths in our world if I hadn't been woken up due to the Kundalini.

I had no master or teacher...I had to face it myself...which is a hard road in itself however I was able to find my sanity again.

About 2 year ago I posted under a different name, wrote about my experience raising my Kundalini. At the time I didn't know I raised it...but I was seriously flamed, mocked and told I was crazy by some people on this board. Feeling like an outcast here I left the this board for awhile to find the answers elsewhere

Now I see more people here are accepting that metaphysical things such as OBE's and the Kundalini are true. It makes happy
. A spiritual path is something that is almost been forgotten in our day and age. However it seems to becoming more of a revival and more people are searching for answers when the physical world can't seem to deliver.

The truth is there, and it exist within yourself.

edit on 7-1-2011 by Horishi because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horishi
Whatever happened to you was real and was to guide to whatever path it may lead you to. This maybe just a stepping stone for a bigger spiritual experience for you. I myself accidentally raised my Kundalini 2 years ago...and spent 3 months in a state which clinically described as schizophrenia. The Kundalini is very powerful...I would have never imagined it would have turned my life upside down. The experience was something very metaphysical and best described like a biblical or esoteric experience. I'll share my Kundalini experience if anyone would like to hear it.

However I wouldn't have found this site and come across many truths in our world if I hadn't been woken up due to the Kundalini.

I had no master or teacher...I had to face it myself...which is a hard road in itself however I was able to find my sanity again.

About 2 year ago I posted under a different name, wrote about my experience raising my Kundalini. At the time I didn't know I raised it...but I was seriously flamed, mocked and told I was crazy by some people on this board. Feeling like an outcast here I left the this board for awhile to find the answers elsewhere

Now I see more people here are accepting that metaphysical things such as OBE's and the Kundalini are true. It makes happy
. A spiritual path is something that is almost been forgotten in our day and age. However it seems to becoming more of a revival and more people are searching for answers when the physical world can't seem to deliver.

The truth is there, and it exist within yourself.

edit on 7-1-2011 by Horishi because: Spelling

No need to explain.....the first time experience is always traumatic. Once you have sorted out the after-math of the first experience that can cause you, things will get easier. Last night I have been having somewhat a very easier time to rise my Kundalini energy, several times. Also, the intensity gets milder and lasting longer too.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I want to say few things about obtaining spiritual enlightenment on your own. In this case, venturing into the spiritual realm without guides, at least in a physical sense. I have been talking to the owner of this site:
www.chikung-unlimited.com... The owner is a Qi Gong master and had been trained under the guidance of another master. He has a good predegree. I updated my progress to him. However, without knowing a lot about me, he quickly told me that I may have advanced too fast, faster than most people what he had seen. He didn't know how much my first Kundalini energy rising affected me 15 years ago and how much I was able to come to turn with its aftermath.

My point is that one's advancement in spiritual enlightenment can't be restricted to rely on a guru or mentor. Not many of us are lucky enough to be born in a good family linkage connected to a spiritual master. Many of us were born into this world as a common human being subjected to common social forces. With enough suffering and traumas, the Kundalini energy rises up and to re-affirm life in its glory, suffering, struggles, and finally understanding, peace, and love. I am certain that if you don't have a physical guide, a spiritual guide would appear. I have 2. One was a WWII soldier. The other I believe was his wife who he left behind. She probably lived into her old age and passed away recently. I have seen the same figures in my dreams for the last 15 years. Here, my wisdom covers the time spend of close to 100 years of world history and suffering. I am in my mid 30s. There are also the occasional encounters (maybe once) of a monk in my real life as well as once in my dream.

If you don't have a physical guide to lead you, you should pick up interests in arts, music, and history. Just to coin from Hegel, the World Spirit resided in these world historical figures.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

"My point is that one's advancement in spiritual enlightenment can't be restricted to rely on a guru or mentor."

Congratulations on your own solo achievements

What is disturbing is that I bigger files on the victims of occult pathologies than successes. I really urged caution in those who would tread such murky waters - believe me they can be murky.

A good coach is priceless. Those newbies with natural gifts are those that are the most at risk. If anyone goes ahead by themselves and comes unstuck I get to sleep easily as I made no contribution to their problems.

I also encourage appropriate training because I am not willing to train people online myself.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join