It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just found out my Grandfather was a 32 degree Freemason..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

Hi,

Lodge is usually on a wednesday, but it depends on the lodge. Can be any day really.

People do need to vouch for you usually, as you get voted in based on character. But I believe you can ask to sit with them while lodge is closed, i.e. when they're having their group meal and they can talk to you about stuff.

If you get along with them and agree with the principles of freemasonry then they can recommend you.

Good way to make friends with them. Having stuff to talk with them about before going is a good idea too, they'll like that.

Edit: The other people posting are giving good advice on this, read it all. It really can be as simple as going down and knocking on the door

edit on 5-1-2011 by ShadowScholar because: Edit to add.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Were any of your other relatives Freemasons?

Maybe they are and have just kept it a secret since you have not really expressed an interest in joining.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Gee Op read up on the masons besides the conspiracy crap , it was a secrete society that knew how to build and no one else did, modern man changed that, wish that was the case now with dipsh&ts saying they are tradesman.

Think of it like a group of people ( back then) who knew and learnt/ taught the knowledge but didn't want to share because it took away the livelihood to feed their family . Thats what it was back then, before computers come along :lol

Wal

ps Oh wasn't Jesus a carpenter
and yes my grandfather was one too just like his father and his and his. i broke theat seal
dont read into it too much, isnt worth it trust me

<< 1   >>

join