It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000s of Birds found dead in Manitoba

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I tend to agree with you....but maybe it was unintentional....accidental poisoning in to the air of phosgene by US Military? It has been mentioned that John Wheeler was about to spill the beans hence why he was murdered. If there is any truth to the story the phosgene was suppoed to had been destroyed but was buried and then rehatched for it's new resting place Afghanistan.

Link: The Rumour Mill

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Fireworks. What a load os [SNIP]

Truly, if you believe that then we/whoever does deserves what's coming.
They really must think we are STUPID.

Or they really don't know.
edit on Tue Jan 4 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Confirmed low-path, but not before China blocked poultry trade with Manitoba.

Links above. (somewhere)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I was not aware of it until today, however there are hundreds of dead Pelicans that have come under investigation in North Carolina. Human violence has been ruled out, still waiting on toxicology reports.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
been googling bird kills / canada / manitoba /alberta; nothing.

weather balloons get blamed for everything, eh?

somber prospect about quake possibility, esp New Madrid. that would be brutal, esp this time of year.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This can't be natural the birds insides were liquified and they were dead before they hit the ground
edit on 4-1-2011 by Brad Jones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Sounds like a bird flu, started in the states worked it's way up here.
No credible links however, I will keep an open mind.

But most birds didn't go south this year because of the wildly insane tempature changes, going from winter cold to spring warm in a few hours, does make me wonder...

Edit.. Let me put an end to these paranoid ideas you people have, I do not believe our government(s) are posioning us, that would be stupid. It would be more organized then a few dead birds, they would pick out the genetically inferior as their target(mentally retarded, genetically inbred etc)

Just a bird flu, nothing more.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Anthony1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by SubPop79

I wasn't saying it was true (I said if), I was just pointing out that he had already explained that he was waiting for a credible source to verify this story,

I wasn't bashing you, just your source. I'm a Journalism major. I'm anal about that stuff. If I'm not, I get an F.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I believe TPTB are killing all these birds with VIRAL WEAPONS, which they have probably released into the wild as all these birds are dying, because we're the target! Nice negative thought to have suddenly when I've been meditating and trying to turn every negative into a postive this 2011. But I'm pretty sure we're dealing with the murder incorporated Bloodlines who really think they are entitled to all the resources of this planet, and that they can murder whoever they wish.

WRONG!!!!
Don't you read the news, these birds were running amok in the skies and a lage firecracker exploded causing them to crash into each other three stooges style.
Or maybe Limbaugh is right, he said air currents sucked the fish and frogs out of the water and caused them to crash to the ground. I'm not kidding about that one, he actually said that today, time to take the vicoden away again I guess.
The so called scientists said they died from "blunt force trauma" and that is true, the blunt force was the ground but what caused them to fall from the sky. "I didn't kill him, the bullets and the fall killed him".
It can't be viral as there is no way bird flu could cause the sudden death of that many birds in one moment.
The dead fish in Arkansas were all the same species, drum fish. The birds were mostly blackbirds along with some starlings in the second incident. Reminds me of the movie Andromeda Strain.
I don't care what anyone says anymore, the crescent at the very bottom of the moon was not normal, the climate change is not normal, and thousands of birds dropping from the sky is not normal.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm from central MB, this is total disinfo and tomfoolery from some obscure website that has spread like wildfire. Although there was news of a dozen or so turkeys on a MB farm late last year dead from avian flu. Again...nothing to report from Manitoba.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by scar

I'm from Manitoba too.

I normally have dozens of wild birds hanging out in my yard - they talk to my cockatiels and finch, and munch on left-over seeds in my gardens.

Now? None. ...Other "Manitoba residents" also have noticed the birds' absence.

Granted, it's been bloody cold here. -20C to -40C with wind chill. That could account for it. Then again, so could an avian flu. Or the shifting magnetosphere, or any other number of things.

...My rule of thumb? The more negative attention a story gets, and the harder people try to dismiss it, the more likely it is to be true.

Also, fyi, to any bogus "Manitoba residents" on this site - I am sorry if my shooting my mouth off interferes with trade negotiations or lab funding or whatever. But get a grip! I'm pushing 60, disabled, and my winter-world consists of 2 rescued dogs, 2 rescued cockatiels, 1 finch and my computer, which I use to stay in touch with the world, avoid cabin-fever and keep my brain sharp. So if you guys are directing even one penny of your budget allocations to monitoring my activity as a suspected or potential terrorist, your entire department needs to be shut down on the grounds that you can't think your way out of a paper bag. And for goodness sake, upgrade your bloody equipment. That click-and-echo on ALL my phones is a dead giveaway - and just annoying.

With respect, sofi

PS. Take a break and check out my new video: 26 Year-Old Prophecy Verified

edit on 5/1/11 by soficrow because: tinkered

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Great post Sofi.

Something is rotten in Denmark.

Dead birds in Illinois and Texas today also.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Saw this on another thread:

He said wildlife officials took seven of the dead birds for analysis and told him not to speak with the media. Still, the feisty landowner called a local radio station to recount the incident.

From tarifa37 80 pigeons found dead on farm near Quebec City

The OP article also said officials sent reporters away from the lab, while denying the dead bird reports. I went back to get the quote. It's gone, replaced by this update to the original article:

Canada: There has been some kind of very extreme weather event in the arctic apparently in Northen Manitoba and in the general area of Churchhill Manitoba. There is a flurry of Military activity at the old CFB base near Churchill.

Somekind of super atmoshperic heating/cooling event led to a drastic increase in temperatures then a sudden decrease in temperatures. Tens of thousands of birds and probably other wildlife died in what is being described as a mega "ice storm", like the one that happened in Quebec that knocked out power lines for weeks and cost billions in damage.

Inuit in the far north has reported methane out-gassing that sometimes spray 30 meters into the air, extreme changes are happenniing in the arctic and this may be a chain reaction of events that precipitate the collapse on the Greenland ice sheet and the failure of the north atlantic current.

...?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I wish we had more northerners on this site, that could shed some light on this. I've been googling around, and can't find much

Canada: There has been some kind of very extreme weather event in the arctic apparently in Northen Manitoba and in the general area of Churchhill Manitoba. There is a flurry of Military activity at the old CFB base near Churchill.

The only thing I could find on the above was
winnipeg.ctv.ca...

Armed forces members are on Lake Winnipeg Saturday, preparing for a 300 kilometre snowmobile trek into the arctic. Capt. Ray Taylor said Saturday's exercise is in preparation for an exercise called Northern Bison that will see members of the forces snowmobile from Churchill to Arviat, Nunavut from Feb 19 to 27.
Soldiers from Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan will be carrying their gear on long sleighs called Komatiks, which they made last month. "It's several steps into improving the Canadian Forces ability to operate in the North," said Taylor. For many of them, it will be their first time to the arctic. "It's an amazing experience and it's a part of the country not a lot of Canadians get to see," Taylor said. Fortunately, they will have the resources to keep warm. "The army saw fit to make sure we got the best gear out there," Taylor said. On Lake Winnipeg Saturday, soldiers are practicing their movement on skidoos. They will be travelling in platoon-sized units of 30 to 35 skidoos, he said.

I'm closer to The Pas, on the Sask side. Our weather here has been fluctuating from -30 Celcius up to -10 ish, but that's normal. I've been looking for a weather type anomaly that would cause birds deaths up here in the winter, but I can't find any yet. The birds that stay here in the winter, are generally very tough birds.

I don't have nearly the birds I usually have in the winter. My woodpeckers have vanished, just over the last week. I had a few, very few, grey birds show up today. Yesterday, I only saw one bird all day. There should be more. It's a little disturbing.

I like that we're sending our military north, to learn how to deal with arctic weather. That's long overdue.

I've also heard before about the methane plumes, as the ice melts it gets released.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Human_Alien posted a link to this video of physicist Michio Kaku talking about animal die-offs - at the 2:00 minute mark, Kaku refers to a 1996 die-off of 1/4 million ducks in Manitoba. Sounded related, so I researched it.

This article about that die-off is really interesting and well-written. The die-offs were huge, caused by botulism - AND the author notes that the number of bird die-offs started increasing dramatically at that time. ...So while mass die-offs may be normal now, they weren't so common before the late-1990's. ...This supports previous research I've done suggesting that "something happened," biologically speaking, at the end of the 1990's - and all hell broke loose in the microbial world.

Trouble in the Swamp: An Essay on Avian Botulism

...Whitewater Lake, a large marsh and lake in southwestern Manitoba, (in)… 1996 …was… the killing field for more than 170,000 wild birds. ...Another 100,000 birds would die at Whitewater Lake in 1997 and the disease would occur again in 1998 and 1999.

In southern Saskatchewan, 140,000 bird carcasses lay strewn across Old Wives Lake that same October, and 1,000,000 would die there in 1997. In southeastern Alberta, Pakowki Lake was the scene of similar devastations: over 100,000 birds in 1994, over 200,000 in 1995.

…What killed these birds is no mystery. They died of botulism, a well-known form of food poisoning.

…More birds died from botulism in 1996 in Canada's three prairie provinces than are thought to have died from all of the oil spilled into Prince William Sound, Alaska, by the Exxon Valdez; three times that many died in 1997.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join