It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000s of Birds found dead in Manitoba

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
HMMMM. I am from Manitoba. Specifically Brandon. I have not heard anything about it yet. Mind you I have been at work all day but I work with the public so I figure I would have heard something about it. I will do some asking around and see what I come up with.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

I have to agree. Beforeitsnews uses stories as news. Most are unverifiable. I know many around ATS are familiar with these type of 'Sorcha Faal' sensationalist news articles. They are published specifically for consumption by people who don't care to verify the source.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Well I reported to the mods on grounds of a suspicious hoax from BIN.

I'm sure the person in Canada would of heard about it if TENS OF THOUSANDS fell from the sky

some people just eat this stuff up without knowing..
edit on 3-1-2011 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
I am right next door in neighboring Saskatchewan. Had something of this scale happened, it would have been on local news. Haven't heard a thing.

Me too, I'm in Saskatchewan, close to the Manitoba border, we've heard nothing. I didn't even know it was flu season yet. I can't picture any type of weather control used here, people would miss the sub zero temperatures.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is a hunch of mine but I think the global warming/climate change/Ice age has caused a new weather pattern called Dead Bird Rain...

But seriously this is rather strange it could be:
Chemtrails that knocked them out,
Invisible aircraft they ran into,
Some new technology being tested,
Something that confused the birds to fly to their deaths like the mystery of why whales sometimes swim to the shore and die,
or just something that happens naurally...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Yes, normal. Even on CNN reguarding the arkansas birds. They said it is not unusal, and was likely caused by lightning or hail. The birds were also stressed out because of all the fireworks going on on new years eve. The scientific evidence shows the birds died of trauma.
edit on 3-1-2011 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Exactly. And after reading the responses of several members from Canada, I have to say this is bunk.

Internet tabloids at their finest. They saw the news from Arkansas and took the opportunity to publish some bravo sierra.

This claim is false and shouldn't be seen as breaking news.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Watching Manitoba news right now, only 10 minutes in but no mention of birds.
I did find an article on the level 4 science lab, it just opened in Winnipeg.
www.science.gc.ca...

If anything got out of there, more than birds would be dropping.

Ebola, Lassa fever... They are some of the deadliest diseases known to humanity, and Canada is bringing them here willingly. Today, the nation's first Level Four containment lab opened in Winnipeg. The $175-million facility is one of just 15 in the world, and it will house some of the most infectious agents the world has ever seen. They could strike at any time, and Canadian scientists want to be ready to fight them when they do.

10 minutes of Canadian news, and they're on to Australian flooding news.
I like that nothing much happens up here.
edit on 3-1-2011 by snowspirit because: spelling

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Watching Manitoba news right now, only 10 minutes in but no mention of birds.
I did find an article on the level 4 science lab, it just opened in Winnipeg.
www.science.gc.ca...

The lab has been open for a few years now. If I remember right I was still in highschool so it has to have been at least 4 years ago.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The original blurb was written by Canadafirst, and posted on "Scarlet Whore." ...Canadfirst may be a whistleblower or a troublemaker, we don't know which.

...True, no one is talking about dead birds, but Manitoba has been going through a killer flu season for a while now. Reserves are demanding more medical personnel - and apparently, all the life-support stuff was backed up too. My 20 year-old daughter went to the ER and was put on a medicated oxygen mask before being sent home.

Of Note: Health Canada is now missing 2 weekly flu reports: December 19-26, 2010 and Dec. 27-January 3, 2011. Here is the last report available:

Summary of FluWatch Findings for the Week ending December 18, 2010

During week 50, all influenza surveillance indicators continue to increase, particularly in regions across the Prairies, Ontario and Quebec.

The proportion of positive influenza specimens reported during week 50 has increased over last week with 565 specimens out of 3,577 (15.8%) testing positive of which 99% are influenza A and 1% influenza B. Of the positive influenza A tests subtyped, 91% are influenza A/H3N2 and 9% are pandemic H1N1 2009.

Worldwide, influenza activity is increasing in the northern hemisphere, in particular in the UK (England), with pandemic influenza A/H1N1 and B being the predominant circulating viruses. Outbreaks and severe cases, mainly in people aged

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by draxenth

I just went back to google, and found one article dated Jan 1, 2011 looking like it was new, and found another 2006 article about the opening.
Just the way the first search was worded I guess.

They were just talking about the Arkansas birds on the Manitoba news, and if there was Manitoba birds dying, they would have mentioned it then. Nothing.

No mention of an aggressive flu either, the health portion of the news just told us to exercise more and eat better

No flu.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

soficrow

Although not current this event happened in May 2010.

Very large and serious but because it happened in the back waters o the former Soviet Union then I didn't hear about it when it happened...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Serious numbers I think you'll agree..

Maybe someone should set up a thread to record these instances and filter out some of the mis information...

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yup so far there has not been any serious flu cases that I am aware of. I was sick with the flu a couple of weeks ago and so were some co workers, but nothing serious.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
One more time.

The original articles writer is Canadafirst - we don't know if he's a whistleblower or troublemaker.

Flu season in Manitoba started a while ago and it is vicious. At least one reserve demanded -and was refused- additional medical personnel. And my 20 year-old daughter ended up in the ER on a medicated oxygen mask. ...Virtually everyone I know has been sick with sick kids and talking about "how bad it is."

Health Canada publishes a weekly flu report. It's now missing 2 weeks worth of reports (December19-26, and December 27-January 3, 2011). ...The note says the page was modified on December 24, 2010. Here is the last report, indicating that things were heating up.

Summary of FluWatch Findings for the Week ending December 18, 2010

During week 50, all influenza surveillance indicators continue to increase, particularly in regions across the Prairies, Ontario and Quebec.
The proportion of positive influenza specimens reported during week 50 has increased over last week with 565 specimens out of 3,577 (15.8%) testing positive of which 99% are influenza A and 1% influenza B. Of the positive influenza A tests subtyped, 91% are influenza A/H3N2
and 9% are pandemic H1N1 2009.
Worldwide, influenza activity is increasing in the northern hemisphere, in particular in the UK (England), with pandemic influenza A/H1N1 and B being the predominant circulating viruses. Outbreaks and severe cases, mainly in people aged

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

that's true...birds can die of trauma...but what about thousands of fish too?

and now there is reports of 10's of thousands of birds dying in canada too...

could it be coincidence? Maybe...or maybe not.
edit on 3-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Just read the flu report. I guess it's good that I don't get out more.

Time to up the Vitamin D dose, we lack in that vitamin when it's winter here. It makes a huge difference.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for your replies.

Toronto's Globe and Mail gives a good overview of flu in the world, guaranteed not to panic anyone or disrupt trade - although there are few pointed warnings:

'Normal' flu season packed with surprises

Swine flu is back with a vengeance in pockets, and Bird Flu is back too.

Here in Manitoba - Besides everyone and their kids being sick, and my daughter getting a medicated oxygen mask, gossip here said all the hospital beds were full and all the ventilators in use.

More quick picks:

From the UK:
Huge Rise In Swine Flu Feared As Children Go Back To School, UK

Two people die of swine flu in western Germany

Flu is spreading quickly throughout Central Florida

Virginia Gets the Flu
Centers for Disease Control says the flu is now widespread in the Commonwealth

…northern Manitoba reserves once again are in a flu crisis spurred on by the lack of access to clean water. Two people in the Island Lake region have already died this fall from the flu…

From Regina, Saskatchewan:

Nothing to sneeze at: flu returns

More than four months after the World Health Organization ended its "pandemic" status, swine flu -- or the H1N1 influenza virus as it's more properly known -- is back.

Bird Flu was found on a Manitoba turkey farms and 3 other nearby farms were also quarantined. China banned poultry imports from Manitoba.

Quarantines Lifted On Three Farms in Manitoba

China's ban on Manitoba poultry doesn't ruffle feathers

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I'm sorry, but I find birds dying en masse from fireworks difficult to believe, sir.
Wouldn't the fields of America be littered with dead birds every July 5th? Especially
the combination of "lightning, fireworks, and birds" which is a common occurrance every summer?

edit on 3-1-2011 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
One more time.

The original articles writer is Canadafirst - we don't know if he's a whistleblower or troublemaker.

Canadafirst is the only writer at ScarletWhore.com and the owner. From the google search I would say he or she is just trying (desperately) to drive traffic to his or her website in order to sell the website or gain ad revenue.

These are the two links that I found on google:

scarletwhore.com - Website for Sale: $140 Month adsense and growing
Website a $140 Month adsense and growing is being sold at Flippa. Buy and sell startups just like a $140 Month adsense and growing.

scarletwhore.com - Website for Sale: Very Fast Growing Conspiracy
...Nov 25, 2010 ... Website Very Fast Growing Conspiracy/News Site is being sold at Flippa. Buy and sell startups just like Very Fast Growing Conspiracy/News ...

Looks like he/she wants 599$ for this website based on the monthly "traffic" and the ad "revenue". If this story truly originated at Scarletwhore.com than beforeitsnews needs to actually READ the article before picking the story up. All I see is a failing blogger who probably bought the website for a few dollars that feels the need to "make up" stories. Shame to, the blog could possibly be big, if the author focused didn't lie.

Note: I removed 2 of the links b/c they are banned from ATS. They were links to flippa a domain sell site.
edit on 3-1-2011 by packinupngoin because: sorries.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Although not current this event happened in May 2010.

Very large and serious but because it happened in the back waters o the former Soviet Union then I didn't hear about it when it happened...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Serious numbers I think you'll agree..

I agree. S&

...These kinds of die-offs are happening with greater frequency every year. We ignore them at our peril. (imho)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join