It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is off, redirected twice from an ATS thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I thought to bring it to the awareness of the staff that something fishy may be going on.

I was reading this thread on page two:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

halfway through the thread, there appears to be malcoding involved. I see that part of the text which is usually white becomes black. I also note that the positioning of posts goes from center alignment to a left alignment.

I starred a post, then about 15 seconds was directed to google. After a few seconds I was directed to a site that hosts various videos.

The reason I'm concerned with this is because I run linux. To my understanding, it's rare to non-existent to have issues with malware and viruses while running open-source.

This leads me to believe there's a high probability either my computer specifically is being monitored and ...messed with, else the site has been infiltrated with malicious coding.

If you find this issue on your side or not, please let me know either way. I've had a few other blips happen in the last couple of weeks which is leading me into a very slight state of paranoia. I'd rather get to the bottom of this, than allow the fear to grow in the slightest. As for the moment, there is no more than a bit of concern. No hysteria or anything! Just thought to let you guys know.
edit on 3-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Try installing Avast and Malwarebytes. Clean up your PC. If you want, you can reboot the computer.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicafan

I wasn't aware these were available for linux.

Thanks.
edit on 3-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicafan
Try installing Avast and Malwarebytes. Clean up your PC. If you want, you can reboot the computer.

I have also seen this issue while using different computers. IMO is is NOT the users computer but rather ATS that is acting strange.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

Yes agreed.

Seriously, is anyone else running linux that has experienced a virus or malware EVER ?! I certainly haven't.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

edit on 3-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yeah

I was just reading a thread then all of a sudden was logged out and the 404 thing came up

Very strange.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I was just reading the thread about the dead birds and fish
in Arkansas and was suddenly redirected to Google. I had to
go back to the ATS website and log back in. I had my speakers
on low and heard it click twice.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Yeah

I was just reading a thread then all of a sudden was logged out and the 404 thing came up
Very strange.

I hate that. I got caught up in someone else's 404 last night, and got locked out for about 15 minutes. So frustrating.

And yes this morning I clicked the back button, and got taken back to a page I hadn't been on for about 1/2 hour.
Somethings a little buggy. Yesterday, I was seeing a few pages with the bottom half of the page moved over to the left about 4 inches.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

No, I was not off topic. Thanks for showing some respect, because what I said was true, you fear it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
There seems to be a spare /div floating around on the page for some reason which is causing the posts to go out of line
edit on 3-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I, too, have been redirected today. I get sent to something called ad yieldmanager. Apparently, it is some sort of spyware, at least from what I've been able to google. I've been online almost all day, and it has only occurred while reading threads on ats.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Same here. Thought it was my machine at first, but no problems to be found. It only happens at ATS.
They'll get it figured out though, I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the replies. I downloaded and ran avast antivirus for linux, and nothing popped up after a full scan.

I'm thinking it's an internal issue within ATS.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I was just 30 seconds ago loading a thread and up popped some socia video network and started just playing a video.
Never has happened before.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

This same thing happened to me, but first it took me to google for about 2 seconds. Did you happen to see that before being directed to the site with vid? Also, do you happen to recall the thread? I'd like to check it out if you don't mind.
edit on 4-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Someone asked me to try posting and see if it worked because though they are logged in,for some reason their posts won't show up.

So here goes...

..."reply"...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Had this happen to me also,never has before,but also my internet is acting funny,mostly when i am on the bird and fish diejng threads

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
There seems to be a spare /div floating around on the page for some reason which is causing the posts to go out of line
Yes the posts go out of line for me between the 4th and 5th posts, but I'm not getting any redirects. It's an uncommon occurrence as I've never seen it happen before that I can recall.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join