It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explorers Discover Spectacular Cave in Vietnam!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730
This newly discovered cave was found by husband and wife cavers. This may be the worlds largest! It is located in Annimite Moutains and within it contains a river, it's own thin clouds and a jungle. It is completely out of sight. This cave is big enough in places to accomodate a New York city block of skyscrapers! This is amazing! I wonder what types of uknown animals they will discover.

news.yahoo.com...
THAT IS GREAT
WOW
I LOVE IT

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
That is really beautiful man lucky for the man and his wife. Mother Nature is a beautiful thing and the sights it can bring to ones eye is amazing.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by plexus
reply to post by spungy

Son Doong (Mountain River Cave) was first discovered in 1991 by a local, but wasn't publicly revealed until explorations could take place in 2009, the documentary i suggested is the result of the first expeditions.

I doubt it will be open for public inspection any time in the next 5 years, more expeditions are planned with other local and international study groups. The main thing being that you aren't able to even enter the cave system without a experienced knowledge of abseiling/rock climbing.

I would say that after some more studies are under taken that the local tourism industry would boom over being able to put some kind of infrastructure into the cave to allow people to take a tour, big draw card considering it is now officially the worlds biggest.

The biggest chamber of Son Doong is over five kilometers in length, 200 meters high and 150 meters wide.

Easily enough space to house 6 or more statues of liberty standing in a line.

edit on 3-1-2011 by plexus because: spelling

Is it really officially the worlds biggest? Someone posted that they had found the end to the cave. I believe that Mammoth Caves in Kentucky are the largest in the world and have not even been fully explored. I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
reply to post by innervision0730

And you always get shot down when you mention hollow earth theory?
How?....can hollow earth be ruled out?

Star for this~!!

Judging the distance from the bottom to the top and reading some of the text, this is a near true defination of hollow~! This is probably the only cave I've seen or heard of that is this huge.. I've seen the NatGeo channel on cable that was showing the crystal caves.. but that is miniscule complared to this~!

the only thing is, where does all the lava come from ?? Is it perhaps a layer of lava between certain layers of earth ?? that would make logical sense (if hollow is proven to be true) instead of having a ball of lava at the center ....

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Awesome

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Is this cave above sea level? I thought Vietnam was a swampy, coastal nation. Why doesn"t this cave fill up with water? The amount of water involved is easy to comprehend when you look at the scope of the chamber. Now picture that water flowing into the Earth. Where does it go?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Nice post. Wanna go there?
Ha....I'm up for exploring and discovering new sites and areas.
Big into alien and government conspiracies.
Wanna message me madam?
blackeyelinertears@ gmail.com

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

I heard a lot about tunnels and caves in Vietnam I wonder if it's the remnants of a military bunker

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rickwireman

Not really a bunker so to speak, during the Vietnam war the VC used thousands of combined kilometers worth of small 2'x4' tunnels.. imagine the jungles over there with thousands of different tracks and their combat tunnels are literally a mirror of that below.. they would have command bunkers, munitions bunkers, hospital bunkers, comms bunkers all tied into this infrastructure.. they engineered trap doors everywhere, and became a legend so to speak among the Americans, who in turn teamed up with the Australians to form the tunnel rats who took flame throwers and explosives and hand guns and knives and took on the VC face to face in their own domain. these days the tunnels are considered a big tourist draw card with many different areas now repaired and preserved by locals

They were hand dug and supported their need, at the largest maybe a tiny foot print compared to this mamoth cave that has never been inhabited by any significant people, i.e. wartime infrastructure
edit on 6-1-2011 by plexus because: additional information added

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It would be ironic for them to find dinosaurs and stuff like in journey to the center of the earth lol. That would be awesome. Just my opinion.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So this may sound stupid but if it has a river in ther and clouds would that meen it could rain / snow have different types of weather within the cave?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BURNZYY
So this may sound stupid but if it has a river in ther and clouds would that meen it could rain / snow have different types of weather within the cave?

There wouldn't be clouds in there buddy, maybe fog/mist what have you but no clouds as you see when you look up into the sky

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Great find op
I didnt even know that

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Lol its just when it said thin clouds it got me thinking

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BURNZYY

I'm assuming it would. I'm not really sure how that works lol

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Interesting story and as plexus stated, you could write stories. I had not heard anything about the miners seeing weird things like reptilian humans and was unable to find anything on the matter, could you elaborate?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
That cave is absolutely beautiful. The Earth is my favorite artist.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Wow, excellent find OP!
It's this kind of discovery that really gets my mind wondering what else is yet to be uncovered. It's kind of why we're all on this site: We want to know. S&F

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hey,

nice pictures. good found!

It´s always a suprise to me how many places on earth aren´t explored yet.
I think there´s still a lot to discover...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Wow...that is amazing!!! I like hearing reports like this mostly because we as human beings feel like we have over turned every stone the earth has to offer but this is just more proof that its quite the contrary.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join