It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo Agency Soapbox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
So as I look around ATS I see something that is kind of disturbing. People on all sides of the debate toss 'Disinfo Agent' around quite a lot. It smacks of McCarthy era finger pointing and gets us nowhere. Now I don’t pretend to be a super active ATS poster, but I try to get out my opinion and some facts as they go. I like to think that my job (Which deals with ammo for the DoD) gives me a small amount of authority when it comes to talking about what the US is doing with weapons and ammo. So if I were to correct someone does that make me a DIA (Disinfo agent)? I mean really, how can you know if I am who I say I am? I promise that I do what I say I do, but other than that how can you be sure.

And on the other hand I am willing to give people the benefit of the doubt until they go and say something very silly. For example if someone was on here talking about physics and then goes and says something about how Thermodynamics is hog wash I would start to question them on the whole.

But that brings me to my next point, are they DIAs? How can we as a group know who is talking out of their ass to get stars and flags, and who is on here to cause confusion for confusions sake. I think it is important to know which is which. It seems to me that if you look close you can find them in all of the fields that we cover here. Be in the NWO, which I think must have more than a few DIAs to the 9/11 side which has enough confusion on its own to not require organized DIAs. (For the record I think that 9/11 was a terrorist attack brought on by our on hubris, and not some inside job). To that end I think we as a whole should look at a person’s history here on ATS prior to calling them out for something that will only tarnish and detract from the debate at large, a tactic which would be right at home in Disinfoland. For the sake of shortness I will address two groups, Trolls and DIAs.

Trolls: We all know and love the troll. He is the dark abyss of the internet and lurks within us all. Everyone has the potential to troll, and it is nice that ATS is tough on trolling, but the occasional stealth troll does get in. Stealth Troll Example. Look at that post, and then the user. It looks to me like this post was an attempt to collect some stars and flags and cause a bit of a stir. 14 pages last time I looked and 20 flags! That is food for the stealth troll. It is next to impossible to police this kind of troll as it is on topic and who are the mods to say who is BS and who is genuine? Be aware that this is done for fun, and not to muddy the waters. It should be clear in the example that this guy just wanted people to read and star him. I do not believe that it goes beyond that at all.

Disinfo Agents: The DIA is the true threat. Some of the hallmarks are low post count, recent account creation, citation of sites that are hoaxes. Referenced officials who do not show up on the wider public record, and the use of cloaked logical traps to detract from the argument at hand. Unlike a skeptic who will point out holes in a theory or hoaxed material, the DIA will force holes in an argument. They have the funding and drive to build whole disinfo sites to 'prove' a point that they alone make. This of course will start to attract people who are looking for actual information and due to the DIAs site being the top of a search (You can do this for a fee on google) they may take it as fact with no other checking. The DIA counts on you being lazy about fact checking. The DIA will take every advantage. Do not give them anything they can use. A DIA will use your past against you. If you mention in a post something personal, like you’re a recovering alcoholic or something like that, they will use your past to discredit you. Because the world knows that one mistake ruins you and your evidence for the rest of eternity.

In closing, please be aware of what you call someone. If you think someone is a disinfo agent, shame then in a thread open to the public. Make your case clear and open to review. Allow the accused DIA to defend themselves. And never use the term just to discredit someone so you can win an argument with someone. We all want the truth here, and sometimes that means admitting when you’re wrong, and yielding to evidence and fact, not emotion and fantasy.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Good post, lots of sound advice there. DIA have a frightening arsenal of weapons. Along with cloaked logic traps they also have been known to attack threads by fact bombing and using high intensity knowledge arrays.
Most people are not even aware that this is happening and will happily continue reading and posting, blissfully unaware that they are indeed victims of a highly advanced method of mind control.
There are some steps that can help protect. Studies have shown that background white noise can have a negating effect, especially on the cloaked logic traps. Listen to white noise at a comfortable level for long enough and they will more often than not, decloak rendering them useless.
The harmful effect of knowledge arrays can be lessened somewhat by altering the frequency of tft monitors. Levels below 50 htz interfere with the way they interface with the human brain.
Hope this helps.

edit on 3-1-2011 by Moonbeast1111 because: spilling errors

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If you do work for the DoD, then you are a disinfo agent. Your views are already biased because you get to see the outer inner circle of lies that is known as government. So while you might think you are doing good, you are infact taking part in supplying the very entity that some believe is the whole problem with american society. Also known as the military industrial complex. You take a part in the greed, even if it is a very small part.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

This is just waht I was posting about. How can you know? You seem to assume that the military has all of this power and can do anything, when in reality it is quite limited. That and did you bother to look up my past posting before your accusation? As for the 'system of greed' well your in it too, pot meet kettle.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Obinhi

Notice, "If you do work for the DoD, then you are a disinfo agent." A direct quote from me. Notice I said "If".
Any and I repeat any branch of the DoD is a part of the powers that be. You are in complete denial and I do not know what you are getting at. So this tells me that you are bored, like me, and you want to argue"debate" about your supposed position.
I

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Obinhi

Also the military can do anything it wants. It is just the small PFC's or small time weekend employees that do not have this power. It is the hardcore brass that makes the decisions.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by Obinhi

Notice, "If you do work for the DoD, then you are a disinfo agent." A direct quote from me. Notice I said "If".
Any and I repeat any branch of the DoD is a part of the powers that be. You are in complete denial and I do not know what you are getting at. So this tells me that you are bored, like me, and you want to argue"debate" about your supposed position.
I

Ooooookay. First and foremost, the military and DoD at large is subservient to the people. And by that I mean get involved and stop electing a holes to lead us. I assume that you live in th United States, and it is your job to put civilian bosses above me to tell me what to do. And don't say it's too hard, Ron Paul is in office. To blanket lable everyone in the DoD as a Disinfo Agent is silly and foolish. My oath is to follow the orders of my superiors and up hold the constitution. I have never been directed by my bosses to stop useing this web site, (Infact I am posting this from my work center) and I dont think I will ever be told to not use ATS. Not only that, the military tends to rely on well informed troops who understand what exactly they are defending. It is nice to assume that all us grunts are dumber then a box of rocks, but that really is just not so for the most part. Sure, you'll meet the dumb sailor, or airman, or soldier, but you remember them because they tend to be rare.

And all of the leaks out of the military, not that I agree with it, but they come from DoD emplyees. So clearly the NSA is slipping on the brain washing eh'?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

No it cannot. If you break a law on base and then run off base, we cannot follow you, the civilian cops have to get you. And if you bother to crack a history book you will notice that the people making actually wide reaching policy dicisions have a Mr. Or Honorable in front of the name, not a rank.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Obinhi

My bad, now I know why nobody else commented on your thread.

new topics

top topics

join