It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Mist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Quick question for you folks.
This is not something I personally experienced, however it did occur in my house.
I was out with my Dad today, we were just getting in to the truck in the garage when he told me about something that happened to him last night.
In the middle of his sleep he woke up, he said it was around 2:30 AM or something, and he looked in his doorway and saw a red mist... Of course every light was off in the house upstairs, so he thought that maybe he was lucid dreaming or something cause he had just woken up.
He turned on the lamp next to his bed and put on his glasses to see what it was, and when he did that the mist was still there, like it was staring at him...

Do any of you have some ideas as to what this red 'mist' could be? A normal ghost? Demon? Some other sort of paranormal entity.
We have had many experiences in this house, more so myself and my younger brother and my Pops refuses to believe it's haunted, but now he's beginning to think it may be.
I've tried capturing video of ghosts in this house but have never had much luck, however I try often and am going to work on some EVP when I have the free time.

He told me as well today that he wakes up sometimes and sees someone standing next to his bed, he never went in to detail about what they look like or anything.
But I do remember one time, which I believe is the first time it happened to him when he said it looked like a little boy.

I'm curious if there is any way to look up the history of this house online somehow, or if any of you know what this red mist could be, or anything at all to maybe help make clear of what these could be... Any ideas you guys?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Amazing,

I have never woken up to have red mist staring at me,

However occasionally I have woken up next to a mountain dew! I prefer that over red mist.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I've never seen or heard of red mist before, but I can say it's not connected to lucid dreaming. That is when you are aware that you are dreaming, and you begin to sculpt your dream consciously, rather than unconsciously.

It could be something to do with dragging something from his dream into reality. It's never happened to me but I've heard of some people being able to do this accidentally. It depends on how long it lasted for. Did it fade after a few seconds? If so it could just be some sort of dream/reality overlay effect.

Very interesting anyway.

edit on 3/1/2011 by HexagonSun because: typo

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ive never heard of this but I have found a few examples.

www.ghostweb.com...

www.moonslipper.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1e43fef7614.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
That's a strange one OP, & has similar circumstances to my experience. I was staying at a B+B with my son & I was lying in bed (in near-darkness & pretty much fully awake) when I noticed a black kind of mist moving towards my face. The mist was more like cobweb & seemed to have structure (like little brighter knots in it). It was so tangible I could not only feel it start to touch my face, but also felt like it was about to smother me... I even threw my arms out to bat it away! I also sensed the presence of something extremely negative in the room.
Pretty scary experience, no idea what this could be.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
ive had the same experience like theres this really negative energy/presence in the room and then i see this thing coming in through the cracks of my door then i feel sharp pains all over my body. anybody care to explain why this happens? And if so, what is this negative presence?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
no offense but maybe you need to stop digging up the dead

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I know its cheap shot, but Red Mist was the rich kid from Kick Ass!

For real it seems to me that it must be some sort of visual trick of the mind. That or maybe it was a indoor normal mist that was back lit by some sort of LED? I dont know. I've never seen anything like it, but my paranormal experence is quite limited.

health.google.com...

My wife has narcolepsy, and she sees some weird stuff. I get the proud duty of flailing around the bedroom to convince her that nothing is there.
edit on 3-1-2011 by Obinhi because: To add content

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
He never mentioned this mist fading. I asked him what he did after it didn't go away and all he said was he turned off his light, put the glasses back where they were and tried going back to sleep.
Who knows what it could be... It's odd, very strange. He is sort of seeing this girl who says she is sensitive to the paranormal, if she ever comes over I'm going to ask her what she thinks.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GraveDigger
He never mentioned this mist fading. I asked him what he did after it didn't go away and all he said was he turned off his light, put the glasses back where they were and tried going back to sleep.
Who knows what it could be... It's odd, very strange. He is sort of seeing this girl who says she is sensitive to the paranormal, if she ever comes over I'm going to ask her what she thinks.

That was a rather strange behavior on his part to evidently calmly take off his glasses, that would be a sign of surrender/giving up as also turning off the light and seemingly going back to bed.

this case doesn't have a tie-in to UFOs, but I'll add some personal experience and accept the ridicule. A time-loss experience I underwent in 1964 had several instances where I was not in control. The pertinent one here is as I found myself driving away from the light and within a minute reaching my home, I would not allow myself to look in that direction when I exited the car. I immediately went to bed, clothed, within another minute. But I did lay there for awhile wondering why I, as a ardent believer in UFOs, had responded in those ways to the incredible sighting I remembered at the beginning of it all.

Basically, I was following post-hypnotic suggestions, and was aware of it, but couldn't help mysef by doing otherwise.

I need to add that later in life I became proficient in doing hypnosis upon other folks and have made them behave in that same, controlled way. So do a little of probing of your father's actions that night. I'll bet he will show some irritation because if he was being controlled to act normally, while another part of him, covered up, was in terror. The irritation is caused by the conflict of what he physically did (by control) to what was his true internal state.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just a slight update, my Dad claims that the dogs (who are in their cage at the time) were restless when it happened, he could hear them or something moving around or making noises. From the dog's cage they would be able to see my Dad's bedroom doorway, so perhaps they saw this thing.
It's happened to me often lately that when my Dad is going to bed at an earlier time, and I am downstairs my dogs (who are upstairs) begin barking loudly a lot, one time I went up and saw both of them basically squished against the back of their cage staring in the hallway like they were frightened.

Pops also claimed he has had some problems sleeping lately, not sure what in details, but I am assuming just feeling uncomfortable laying in bed.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
now that is interesting.
its like you've stumbled upon a poltergeist case in its beginnings
only its not a teen as is par for these things, its your dad!

on the other hand it could be an attack.

you and your old man seem to be more aware than most folks

like your voodoo avatar

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The mist is indeed strange, could it be red from his bedside clock?

Lots of unexplained phenomena occur every night, especially in that state of consciousness between sleeping and wakefulness.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Doubtful that it is from his clock, that is right beside him and the 'mist' was in the doorway which is about ten feet away, the clock is aiming towards him, while he was looking straight at the doorway when he woke up. Even when he turned the light on it was there, so I don't think it can be from the light... Besides that, it means that would have happened previously too right?
And it doesn't explain the fact that he sometimes wakes up and sees figures of a person next to his bed.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
now that is interesting.
its like you've stumbled upon a poltergeist case in its beginnings
only its not a teen as is par for these things, its your dad!

on the other hand it could be an attack.

you and your old man seem to be more aware than most folks

like your voodoo avatar

Hey, I am GraveDigger's younger brother. I understand that possessions and poltergeists are usually targeted at teens, or people aged 12 - 18 or so? The ghost, or whatever it is, has basically been dormant for the entire time we have lived here until recently. In the past few nights I believe pretty much all of us have had trouble sleeping, I feel it has been me, especially, who has been experiencing this. For the past week or so, when I try to sleep I hear some strange noises that sound almost like growling. They are really hard to explain but it is sort of like when pop is in a can and it fizzes, but really fast and over and over.. The noise gets louder and quieter and seems to move around a lot. Also, when I try to get to sleep, I hear footsteps around the house, and the bathroom door, which is right outside my door, shakes, opens, and closes itself at night. I, like GraveDigger, have also gone to the room where the dogs usually hang out, and found them squished back in their cages like they are scared by something.

Not sure if this is related; in the past few days I have had the strange urge to look online at different demons and have been uncontrollably studying them for the past few days. If anyone can help us identify this entity, thank you.

EDIT: Also, his clock light is green.

edit on 3-1-2011 by typwar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by typwar

The odds of it being a demonic entity are so incredibly small gents. I would be more likely to chalk this up to an energetic quality or perhaps residual haunting.

Unless its interacting with you directly in a negative fashion I wouldn't be too worried about it.

If I was in your area I could look into doing a ceremony if it ever got worse, but chances are this thing will come and go like the wind with no real need to be afraid.

Your imagination of what it could be is your worst enemy. Do 'not' assume that its some evil presence.

-G

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yeah, me and my Dad were talking about that only a few minutes after he told me about it.
I made it clear that it's nothing dangerous, I practically LIVE in the basement and hear a lot of things down here, usually uncomfortable trying to get to sleep late at night / early in the morning whatever you prefer to consider it, and he said himself that if forming a mist in his door or watching him sleep is the best it can do then it is easily nothing to fear. Has never done any of us harm besides frightening my dogs it seems.. I'm not concerned about it, more so just very interested.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GraveDigger

I have a theory that we are being observed by thousands of races and beings. The act of observation and holding space can be incredibly healing to an area and its inhabitants.

Has your family endured trauma recently?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have located a photo of the red mist

fc00.deviantart.net...

but seriously. never seen

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Not that I know of, no. Only trauma we've gone through is some friends of mine passing away which don't affect my family members, so not a lot I can think of. About half a year or more ago my cousin's 1 1/2 year old daughter passed away, but besides that nothing comes to mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join