It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESP Study Shows Humans May Possess Powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
According to a study done by scientists at Germany's Freiberg University, ESP may be real.

Scientists have found evidence to suggest we do have a sixth sense and can tell when we are being watched, even through CCTV.

This shows humans could have paranormal powers, say researchers at Germany's Freiberg University

The full story is right here:dailytelegraph.news.com.au...

It reminds me of some of the studies done back in the 60's (which are referred to in this story). Maybe my dreams of world domination are possible! Woo hoo!

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
lol, notice how it says "esp study shows humans MAY possess powers"...isnt that how it always was?...

but yeah, i would love it for scientists to prove that ESP is real...

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I kind of covered that here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I kind of covered that here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting nonetheless.

SHAMELESS PLUG.

Also, I didnt know that knowing when you are being watched counted as ESP.. Thats pretty cool now that I think about it though.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I believe this...ever feel eyes on you, then you turn around and someone is staring at you??

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
pff... I bet if they ever found it to be absolutly scientifically true, James Randi would still try and debunk it... bastard!

Repost link so it's clickable:
dailytelegraph.news.com.au...

(Sry, can't stand copy and pasting links into my browser... one of those nitpick things from doing too much warezing, the only place I am OK with pasting addy's)

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
pff... I bet if they ever found it to be absolutly scientifically true, James Randi would still try and debunk it... bastard!

What will probably happen is that scientists will give the phenomenon an impressive-sounding nine-syllable Greek word to describe it, and the professional debunkers will say "See, it was [insert scientific term here] all along, not ESP."

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have always thought this. I think that if we could use all 100% of our brains instead of the small amount us humans use, then we could do some seriously amazing stuff. Some people are lucky enough to have tapped in to what the mind has to offer...

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I thought we knew 'ESP was real' already...?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RockerDom
According to a study done by scientists at Germany's Freiberg University, ESP may be real.

Scientists have found evidence to suggest we do have a sixth sense and can tell when we are being watched, even through CCTV.

This shows humans could have paranormal powers, say researchers at Germany's Freiberg University

The full story is right here:dailytelegraph.news.com.au...

It reminds me of some of the studies done back in the 60's (which are referred to in this story). Maybe my dreams of world domination are possible! Woo hoo!
Ya like I needed them to validate my abilities.

Oh well I guess its now official.. my precognitive gifts are real

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
I have always thought this. I think that if we could use all 100% of our brains instead of the small amount us humans use, then we could do some seriously amazing stuff. Some people are lucky enough to have tapped in to what the mind has to offer...

Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but that's not true. Humans don't use a lot at one time, but the majority of the brain is used. Here is an article to clarify.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I am unable to locate the original article at the URL posted, or find it on that site via Google using the title given. If you could post an update that leads to it, that would be swell.

Having not seen the article, I will attempt to use my ESP powers and say that I suspect that this study, while interesting, is problably by no means the most comprehensive or convincing study to date. There have been a great many of them, and more than a few remain classified to this day.

Outnumbering them are many "studies" which either find no evidence of ESP or do but have subsequently been shown to be fraudulent.

Nonetheless, for those who doubt that human perception is more acute than canonically described, studies such as these which (apparently) seek to identify extrasensory abilities in a clinical and controlled fashion can be of value.

new topics

top topics

join