It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Billion of us in 2011.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This isn't really a theory or possible conspiracy but just a short video I have just watched regarding the earth's population.
Very well presented and FULL of facts which should give anybody a good understanding of what it means to have a current Global population of 7 Billion.......

www.boreme.com...

Facts are always very useful and credit due to Nat Geographic for this one...

ps - if anyone can embed or load the video on here I would be grateful as I lack the knowledge currently to do that

Thanks
PDUK

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I guess this thread completely contradicts another thread that was made yesterday about how men's sexual reproductive systems have been compromised due to all the chemicals that apparently surround us. Over there they talk about an aging population of the earth and how the birth rate is in major decline.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
ps - if anyone can embed or load the video on here I would be grateful as I lack the knowledge currently to do that

Thanks
PDUK

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Overpopulation is a fallacy, in my opinion.... perpetuated by the great UN to further their agenda.
People will pick the country or two that have huge populations relative to size and then panic, stating "We are overpopulated!!"

World population reached 6.2 billion in 2004. When compared to a population level of 2.5 billion in 1950, this indeed looks sinister. A little linear math shows that at this rate of growth, world population would be 15 billion by 2050 and nearly 40 billion by 2100.
Yet the United Nations projects a global population of only 8.91 billion in 2050, peaking at around 9 billion in 2075 and then declining.

Why is the expected future population so low? It stems from declining global fertility rates.
The world's fertility rate - which is the number of children per fertile woman - has dropped from 5.01 in 1950, to 2.83 children per woman in 2000.
The U.N. projects it to drop to 2.02 by 2050, the accepted replacement level in which there is neither growth nor loss.3
However, these numbers by themselves are deceiving.
In the more developed nations the fertility rate plunged to 1.50 and is only projected to struggle back to 1.92 by 2050, which is still below replacement levels.
On the other hand, the fertility rate of the least developed nations will drop from 6.64 to an expected 2.47, which is only slightly above the replacement rate.
By 2050 the U.N.'s "2002 Revision projects that 3 out of every 4 countries in the less developed regions will be experiencing below-replacement fertility."4

Thus, not only have population growth rates been falling in virtually all middle-income and advanced countries, but, paradoxically, in many poor countries as well - especially those that have higher economic growth.

My emphasis added

freedom21.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
That was a very interesting video, but could you really fit 7 billion people in the city of L.A.?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Seven billion is really a small number. IF we had the hidden tech to extract energy from the universe around us, we could easily support three times that on this planet. But with hidden tech and strapped into a money system, we see scarcity. But the only "resources" that are running out are those connected to energy production.

Really, there is vast abundance here on this planet.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Me too, I have recently started to become very sceptical about 'overpopulation'. I've noticed how certain 'buzz words' are used intensively when it comes to furthering their agenda....some examples which come to mind 'global warming' , 'terrorists', 'national security', 'swine flu' to name but a few. These buzz words are rolled out again and again, ad nauseum, and always to justify their own evil actions. Most often, when properly examined, the premise represented by the buzz word proves to be false, or at least very questionable.

Recently, I've seen a much bigger push forward on the GMO agenda, and I've been noticing how 'over-population' is appearing everywhere in this regard. I am starting to seriously question this 'over-population', and the world population figures we are being given. It would be very easy to manipulate such figures to once again scare the people of the world into compliance.

So, to TPTB I would say, back off - I don't want your GMO or your population statistics, leave us alone to get on with living our lives in harmony and we'll sort out over population if and when it becomes a problem.

edit on 3-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Overpopulation is a threat to our standard of living.

The population of the U.S. must be dealt with through numerous methods, most importantly eliminating all forms of immigration immediately.

top topics

join