It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost ancient civilisation's ruins lie beneath Gulf, says boffin 'Oldest boat' perhaps used by Ga

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Refugees from a lost civilisation whose ruins and relics lie submerged on the seabed deep beneath the Persian Gulf may have founded ancient, advanced Middle Eastern societies thousands of years ago in the time before the Pharaohs. According to Jeffrey Rose, a Birmingham uni archaeologist, recent excavations and discoveries indicate that a large number of substantial and relatively sophisticated settlements sprang up around the shores of the Persian Gulf quite suddenly perhaps 7,500 years ago.

“Where before there had been but a handful of scattered hunting camps, suddenly, over 60 new archaeological sites appear virtually overnight,” says Rose. “These settlements boast well-built, permanent stone houses, long-distance trade networks, elaborately decorated pottery, domesticated animals, and even evidence for one of the oldest boats in the world.”

That was all big stuff back then: even the ancient Egyptians, living along the unfeasibly fertile Nile delta and so not required to scuffle for a living as much as most prehistoric people, had yet to really get their act together back then. Rose believes that the suddenly-appearing Gulf shore settlements may have been established by refugees from a highly developed society living mainly on what is now the bottom of the sea – the Gulf having only flooded about 8,000 years ago.

www.theregister.co.uk... ent_dilmun_garden_eden_gulf_lost_civilisation/print.html

Wow, just wow. A viable and sophisticated civilization in the Persian Gulf that predates Ur and the city states along the Euphrates River.

If there was such a civilisation existed 8000 years, then it means a settled trading humanity must have existed elsewhere and our knowledge of a forgotten prehistory is being uncovered.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is interesting to me even though I do not proscribe to a lot of his beliefs I have to agree with Hoagland that our history is much older then many want to admit. Minus the ruins on the moon and stuff like that that really haven't been substantiated in my opinion. But it seems the field of archeology as it adapts to new techs. is really starting to reveal some fantastic information. Thank you for pointing it out.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

No worries. Thanks for the star and flag.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

just the fact that you agree with hogland and his looney tune psedo science is just laughable. He is the most unreliable psedo scientist and just makes things up to get attention.

But the fact that they actually found evidence of a lost civilization is just amazing here we have proof that humans have been around and were more technically advanced then the 6-8000 years that main stream scientist say kudos on a great find..

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
S&F I've just been reading a book that had theories regarding the identity of Dilman, the book identified Dilman as being Bahrain which of course is right there in the area.

Dilmun Burial Mounds

It defiantly seems to me a good spot to place the origins of the flood stories from Sumer and Genesis...

edit on 3-1-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kadmiel

You forgot to mention that I did not agree with his assertions about the intergalactic relics which I stated as unsubstantiated but I noted the fact which not only he has mentioned but others as well. Take this BBC report for instance, news.bbc.co.uk... Etc as ancient history being much more older then previously thought. Thanks for the attempt to discredit me and a quick read through without reading what I said.
edit on 3-1-2011 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

PS: if that report wasn't enough here is another. www.abc.net.au...
edit on 3-1-2011 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

I'm a regular reader of El Reg, it's a great site with a sense of humour (!).

There's a big difference between what Rose says and has written and the title of the Register article. He talks about 'settlements' not civilisation. Massive difference there.

The rest of the article and the idea of a sunken major settlement and culture is pretty interesting stuff. The original paper sounds fascinating. Maybe in the next few weeks something more will be posted about the details? It hasn't hit Hall of Maat yet and there's only an abstract out there at the moment.

Slayer will likely love this thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The link in the OP's post is not working for me anyone have an alternative?

Regards S_G

edit on 3-1-2011 by xSMOKING_GUNx because: Because just copy/pasted the end of the url from the post (no probs)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

Here is the link;

www.theregister.co.uk... _garden_eden_gulf_lost_civilisation/

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I'm in the midst of a writing a "NEW" thread on topic --->

The OPs info has already been noted.
Thanks for the heads up.
edit on 3-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
Wow, just wow. A viable and sophisticated civilization in the Persian Gulf that predates Ur and the city states along the Euphrates River.

If there was such a civilisation existed 8000 years, then it means a settled trading humanity must have existed elsewhere and our knowledge of a forgotten prehistory is being uncovered.

Yup another piece to the puzzle.

Focus on the parts of "Origin and Myth"
Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1
Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-2

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I'm a regular reader of El Reg, it's a great site with a sense of humour (!).

There's a big difference between what Rose says and has written and the title of the Register article. He talks about 'settlements' not civilisation. Massive difference there.

The rest of the article and the idea of a sunken major settlement and culture is pretty interesting stuff. The original paper sounds fascinating. Maybe in the next few weeks something more will be posted about the details? It hasn't hit Hall of Maat yet and there's only an abstract out there at the moment.

Slayer will likely love this thread.

No mate...he says this clearly enough;

Rose believes that the suddenly-appearing Gulf shore settlements may have been established by refugees from a highly developed society living mainly on what is now the bottom of the sea – the Gulf having only flooded about 8,000 years ago.

He's saying the settlements you mention, are essentially the refugee camps made permanent, of refugees from a 'highly developed society'.

That's a different thing entirely.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

Here is the link;

www.theregister.co.uk... _garden_eden_gulf_lost_civilisation/

that link still doesnt actually take you to the OP's web page

I had to do a quick search using the words... ancient dilmun garden eden gulf lost civilisation
which took me to the correct page
edit on 3-1-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The paper is available...

New Light on Human Prehistory in the Arabo-Persian Gulf Oasis

It looks more interesting than the Register article suggested and seems to have been well-received, judging by the comments section. I've only skimmed it, but it covers a lot of ground and will take a couple of quiet hours to digest. No doubt Byrd will provide a more insightful summary later on.

ETA: The Register link for the OP is....right over here!
edit on 3-1-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks dude. Much appreciated and it's a great read.

If I can dig up more info I will post it here.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Like I've said before, I bet that most of the stuff we are looking foor is under hundreds of feet of water at least. From the time of the last Ice Age meltdown, and what we see know (Pyramids, Baalbeck etc. etc.) where farther inland and didn't have the flood waters reach them.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Yup another piece to the puzzle.

Focus on the parts of "Origin and Myth"
Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1
Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-2

Yep, I agree another piece of the puzzle. And if you want to see another piece look at Göbekli Tepe in Turkey. I will post a link, but that place is still being carefully dug at and it has been dated at least 9,000 BC. If you look at the Megalithic structures and the carvings on these massive stones we shouldn't have been able to have done that. For the simple fact that MS scholars have said for years that humans 10,000 years ago (which this is at least 1,000 years older) where hunter and gather's without tools and/or sophisticated planning. We shouldn't even have had animal husbandry. But now they find in this complex polished stone floors and a whole bunch of stuff you have to look into. Our leaders in religion and politics and academia are lying to us about our history. Something about our history has them afraid of us finding out. It may be a simple thing that dogma can't stand having it known that we are survivors of a age and most if not all of our stories are retelling of our ancestors from tens of thousands of years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kadmiel

just the fact that you agree with hogland and his looney tune psedo science is just laughable. He is the most unreliable psedo scientist and just makes things up to get attention. But the fact that they actually found evidence of a lost civilization is just amazing here we have proof that humans have been around and were more technically advanced then the 6-8000 years that main stream scientist say kudos on a great find..

do you have any reliable pseudo scientists then?

By the way what if the Pyramids are remains of like an old Mall centre or something and the later people after some flood or something found it and used it for Gods etc.. I am sure something similar has happened.

new topics

top topics

join