It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Of America Sets Up WikiLeaks Defense Team

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If wikileaks who they say they are , then this is just the tip of the ice berg . The age of the internet so many pros but still many cons .

"The U.S. government so far has been WikiLeaks’ target of choice when it comes to dumping reams of confidential information out into the open. But that’s about to change. In an interview with Forbes published Monday, WikiLeaks mischief-maker-in-chief Julian Assange said at least half the treasure trove of documents the organization is sitting on belong to private corporations, and sometime early next year, it plans to do a megadump of materials belonging to one of the country’s leading banks. (Rumors are swirling that it’s Bank of America.)

All of which begs the question: Are American companies prepared for the hits coming their way? WikiLeaks’ revelations won’t stop with the yet unnamed bank. Assange told Forbes "

www.fastcompany.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
And I thought Chase Bank was the one they were going to nail before. Chase Bank was known to have connections to Nazi escapees from Nazi Germany and has dodged many FBI investigations and lawsuits. 5GB is a huge amount of documents to sift through though. It could take months for one person to find the best dirt in that treasure trove. I hope Assange leaks it sooner rather than later as the preannouncement has just given the bank a motivation to begin countering and covering up. Organizations are battered much harder the less time they have to prepare for a leak. Look at how the US government scrambled pathetically before the cables were leaked. The cables were at least fairly damaging unlike the Afghanistan and Iraq warlogs that only revealed the ugly we already expected. Still there has not been a single top secret US government secret leaked. Once Assange gets ahold of those (mind control technology), the US government will be doomed for collapse.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Let's see how they like picking lint from their pockets!
edit on 4-1-2011 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Forgive me, this is my first post. So I hope I don't break any rules. I appreciate what "Wikileaks" is, but why give BofA time to get a team together. Thousands of people deserve to hear this information. BoA needs to pay for it's wrongdoing. And for that matter, I find it hard that Wikileaks doesn't offer up most of it's information NOW. I realize they need to release these things in an orderly matter (public panic, and all that) but the citizens have the right to know all the stuff that is really going on. I know this is a different topic, and probably already commented on, but I don't like the fact that this info is being held to be used "in case of emergency". Just saying I think it's not cool. I would like to know the truth.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I think this Warning gives the normal People Time to move their Money elsewhere. And those Actions by BoA (same with the US Govt.) tells People that the Big Banks are getting scared... They see whats going on already without even one little Document beeing released.

I dare say,nice Move

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Excellent point. I just think that the people have had plenty of time to move their money out of these banks by now. If the mortgage crisis didn't set off a red flag or two, then.... I don't know. The more time given to these crooked companies, the more lies they'll come up with. Hundreds of thousands of families were screwed out of their homes in one way or another and these companies are still prospering. Not to mention all the other unscrupulous practices going on. What more is it going to take. I think the people need to know NOW what's really going on, and maybe the entire banking system can then be overhauled or removed entirely. I worry about what will happen to the "average" citizen if this takes place. But I think we have a right to know, regardless of the outcome. The US is a corporation, we are dollars to them. We need to take our power back.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
These stories need all the publicity they can get. Another aspect of this is also being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If BoA isn't guilty, then why are they so panicked? Also, is there a "bait and switch" in the works? The thread above discusses the possibility of another bank that may hold important keys to the domino effect.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
AS I said before, crap rolls downhill.

Take out the King, the knights will fall accordingly.
All the banks are now probably frantic, not just BOA.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
BofA settlement with Fannie, Freddie "clears air"

NEW YORK – Bank of America Corp. reached a $2.8 billion settlement with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac over claims that one of its businesses sold bad mortgages. The payment is far lower than analysts expected and removes some uncertainty that has hovered over the bank.

"The government gave Bank of America a very attractive deal," said Christopher Whalen, managing director of Institutional Risk Analytics.

Bank stocks rallied on the news, with Bank of America up more than 6 percent and Wells Fargo up 2 percent. Other settlements are likely soon

So nice to know our government is kissing BOA's ass today!!

The drop of 3% yesterday has been massaged by the Administration and Company and even gladhanded back up an extra three percent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

How nice, BofA getting a permanent settlement to THER liabilities when they refuse to work with millions of mortgage holders.

This was a very, very favorable settlement to B of A. Really, the bank had the potential to go under because of the buy backs.

Foreclosures keep happening because the banks aren't not modifying loans. Something like only 1% of eligible people received permanent mods.

I keep hearing from people the Feds can not FORCE banks to process mods. Which is only partly true, they can not directly force mods but they certainly can withhold funding if the banks to not comply. For example if you want Federal contracts, you have to agree not to discriminate.

Before BofA received this gift, they should have been required to agree to process mods.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

You are so funny...in a dark sort of way, but I appreciate the humor. I am very conservative when it comes to money. We should still be on the gold standard, we should have separate market to interact with the global economy and we should have a Central Bank, not a Fed but a bank forced to conduct itself as such from this bank all other banks grow. The people elect the Board of Directors of the Central Bank, since the people of the United States are the stockholders of this bank. And no, I am not on crack.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well, hearing this makes me feel better about moving my money from BoA. I am really curious as to what Assange could have found, that might have the mobs at the Banks doors, let alone what the Bank fears he might have found that would have them so jumpy.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

This deal really ticked me off...
as if our government was trying to "help"
out BOA, somehow, with all the fallout from the impending disaster.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join