It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Wheeler - Dead

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Check out this AP article I found. A neighbor says the guy was never home but over Christmas loud music was blaring almost non-stop.

It also says there is police tape around two chairs and there is a hole in the kitchen floor.

And his wife had not picked up a package for some time from the front desk at their NYC condo.

www.valleynewslive.com...

Also consider the note Wheeler left his friend/journalist James Fallows that Fallows says was uncharacteristic:

www.examiner.com...

If you were about to expose info or you knew you were targeted, wouldn't the stress cause you to write a quick note to an old friend? Wouldn't you tell your wife not to go home or pick up any packages? Why was he away from his family when this happened on and around arguably the two biggest holidays we celebrate?

- mike

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hmmmm, several floor boards in his house was found missing by Police? Wheeler was most definately hiding something of "knowledge" under his floors.....

I hope Wheeler's death is thoroughly investigated although I have a feeling his death will go unpunished and put on the shelves as just another cold case.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by tristar

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by wcitizen

Here is a little eye opener, if you have the time, plot the positions mentioned in my post via google earth or any other means that allows you a birds eye view and prepare yourself for a ride.
edit on 3-1-2011 by tristar because: or

Sorry, which post?

This one

Thanks for that, tristar, but he link isn't working properly.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

Investigators are focusing on several locations in Newark including the Newark Library on Library Avenue; the WSFS Bank in College Square; a McDonald's, Newark Emergency Center, Attila Wings and Bing's Bakery on East Main Street; Newark Toyota on Marrows Road; and Gardens of White Chapel on White Chapel Drive, the release said.

I copied and pasted it.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Um, wcitizen, were those locations listed in your Philly link? If so, that link is now dead which is interesting. Here is a Google map I made with the locations and I put the Newark Amtrak loction in for reference:

Google map of locations

- mike
edit on 4-1-2011 by subversivemike because: Corrected my map link to include the closest McDonalds to the other locations.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is why I love ATS....members research and research and dig and dig.....Thanks for all the additional information found by yall!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If this was a gov't related killing I can assure you that his body would not have been found.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
In addition to being involved with sabotage through the internet, Wheeler also specialized in biologic and chemical weapons. He had authored books on the subject and advocated that the US would never use such weapons in times of war. I wonder if there is any connection between his death and the massive amount of sudden bird and fish deaths?

cryptogon.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Updates:

He was never reported missing - even though he was last seen, last Tues.

Wait a minute..

He was found last Tues..that would be the 28th of Dec. and the source said he was found at the landfill on New Year's eve...which is it?
:puz
NEVER MIND I see He was last seen las tues and found New Year's eve...my oversight.
:
edit on 4-1-2011 by romanmel because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2011 by romanmel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Still...however he ended up dying, what a horrible way to go. All those years of service and just literally thrown away as an end.. At least he was found verses just MIA forever.

Well it certainly looks like they were trying to disappear him.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

He went off the grid three days before they found his body at the landfill. Neighbors reported that for several days he left his television on at very loud volumes. They were able to easily hear it from outside the house. The television was located in his bedroom.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette

#1: LOOSE NUKES
Wheeler was a Special Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force between 2005-2008, when the bizarre 2007 'Bent Spear' nuclear incident took place. That is when someone still unknown tried to move live nuclear missiles from US stockpiles to the Middle East. Basically, the theory is that Cheney wanted to put nukes over there somewhere to pretend they were Saddam Hussein's and justify the war with Iraq, or perhaps even create a false flag incident to provoke a war with Iran, and the USAF Secretary stopped it just in time and later investigated it. The whole thing was later covered up and almost never mentioned (of course) in mainstream news.

Wheeler as the USAF Secretary's assistant would have been in a position to know how this happened. And more to the point, in 2008-2009 he was 'Special Assistant' in the USAF for Installations, Logistics and Energy - which sounds like a position created to go in and clean up this alternate chain of command thing and figure out (or cover up) how nuclear weapons ("energy") could have been moved ("logistics") out of US military bases ("installations"). That is just speculation on my part.

Could Wheeler even have leaked a classified report about this incident to WikiLeaks? Could it even be the vaunted insurance file? Admittedly, this is even wilder speculation.

This is a very shall we say Tom Clancey. For one thing I hope they did mean just the stuffings of the missle...that would be stupid enough.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

My question is , what was under the floor in his kitchen? Could have very well of been the hard copy back up that he intended to leak to the public. Nothing was found at the site except floorboards that had been removed.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by subversivemike
reply to post by tristar

Um, wcitizen, were those locations listed in your Philly link? If so, that link is now dead which is interesting. Here is a Google map I made with the locations and I put the Newark Amtrak loction in for reference:

Google map of locations

- mike
edit on 4-1-2011 by subversivemike because: Corrected my map link to include the closest McDonalds to the other locations.

To begin with, ill tip my hat off to you for the time and effort

Perhaps green can upload the image so as ats members can view the route and see what stands out at first hand. Now before anyone begins to assume you must place yourself in his state of mind and also merge what has been released in respect to what evidence has been found. By the way, has the cause of death been made public yet ?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sentinel007
reply to post by Logarock

My question is , what was under the floor in his kitchen? Could have very well of been the hard copy back up that he intended to leak to the public. Nothing was found at the site except floorboards that had been removed.

Forget the kitchen, one should ask why was the kitchen the only area that was obviously disturbed and lets say, no other place. Was it perhaps that and as it indicates, that they knew exactly were to search and how long was required.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Investigators are focusing on several locations in Newark including the Newark Library on Library Avenue; the WSFS Bank in College Square; a McDonald's, Newark Emergency Center, Attila Wings and Bing's Bakery on East Main Street; Newark Toyota on Marrows Road; and Gardens of White Chapel on White Chapel Drive, the release said.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/957e438d2eaf.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d032540a1ac.png[/atsimg]

Thanks to subversivemike for mapping the locations.
edit on January 4th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
New lead.....according to breaking news on Fox....

Last seen....Thurs 30th.....seen near the Hotel Dupont, Newark DE
They still do not know where he was killed.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The t.v. turned up loud, I almost thought he might have been tortured for what ever he was hiding under the floor boards of his kitchen. I would be curious who they assign to do the autopsy and what they find?Could be anyone really, CIA, mossad , Pakistanis?Allot more questions than answers, who ever it was they were not concerned with the body being found which means either amateurs or untouchables.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
hmm something tells me Wheeler was on to something.After all,he was a former Pentagon official.Maybe he knew something.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Updates (sort of)....

Fox News covering this.....and leaning towards a conspiracy angel.

Lt. Gen tom Mcinery, USAF (ret and a military analysist) who also knew him very well believes this was a professional hit and believes the FBI need to get involved. He continues to say that his latest expertise was cyber warfare (as has been mentioned already). And he holds the highest security clearances that one can obtain. He is also an expert on chemical/biological warfare. He believes these 3 facts are linked to his murder.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Some interesting commentary and research info to chew on....

and here too...

The Post reported that the ten trash receptacles contents being dumped when Wheeler's body was found had all come from Newark, Delaware and not Wilmington--and within three to four blocks of one another.

...the autospy showed that Wheeler couldn't have been in the trash receptacle long, as the ten receptacles had all been picked up on Friday the 31st, prior to the 9:56 a.m. dump in Wilmington.

John Wheeler was not a man to be trifled with, to hear his friend James Fallows tell it, and he was a passionate and outspoken person on a multitude of issues, including cybersecurity.

Fallows, a writer with the Atlantic Magazine details Wheeler as a man given to "frequent, lengthy, often urgent-sounding and often overwrought dispatches on the state of the struggle."

But that is totally at odds with their last communique, which Fallows said he received very late on the night of Christmas. In fact, Fallows said, "I was surprised to see this simple note from him." And that should be the first clue police explore, as it is a major departure from John Wheeler's behavior of years past, and it preceded his death by mere days.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join