It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the past three days...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...
The temps in Inda have dropped to -10 degrees. 30+ have died

hisz.rsoe.hu...
4-8 inches of snow and ice in Southern California. Something not seen before.

hisz.rsoe.hu...
100,000 fish and 5,000 birds died in Arkansas

hisz.rsoe.hu...
a record of 74.8 inches of snow fell on Japan in one day sinking approx 200 boats

hisz.rsoe.hu...
A cold wave in Northern Ireland has caused pipes everywhere to burst leaving 60,000 homes with out water.

hisz.rsoe.hu...
Latvia, 40,000 with out power due to storm bringing snow and freezing rain. Conditions are expected to get worse.

Just before that ....
hisz.rsoe.hu...
snow and freezing rain has caused massive power outages in Russias capital

hisz.rsoe.hu...
massive floods in Australia, still rising and still raining.

Not in the news,
Here in Missouri we have not had rain but 3 times since August. It is crazy if go 2 to three weeks with out rain.
My dad and a friend of mine told me that yesterday morning they had 7 degree temps there in the desert.

Just thought it might be good to take a look at the big picture instead of an article here and there.
This is crazy, crazy weather.
What will tomorow bring? I know here it is the same forcast.... no rain, no snow nothing in the long ranger....again. I must say we did have thunder storms on Chrismas eve though. Quite odd, but appreciated. Only the second good rain we have had since August like I said, the third was just a few fluries and a day with some mist.
edit on 3-1-2011 by mrsdudara because: needed to add another event that just popped up

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Weather just keeps getting worse. We're near the beginning of the next ice age, which explains all of the cold waves and tons of snow.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yeah, there is some crazy stuff going on. We had snow here in Phoenix area, that hasn't happened in 20 years!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernutty

Snow in Phoenix!?! That is crazy! How much did you get?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

I suppose it could be. I dont think any one knows for sure right now. I do think the ocean curents have a lot more to do with the weather than we ever gave them credit for. When I was in school it was taught that weather was dependant mostly on longitude and latitude. How close you were to water and mountains. Everything like lakes and rivers had a set point that never changed.

Have you read about Devils lake, ND?
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It snowed in Phoenix once when I lived there (almost 20 years ago xD) It was awesome! I'm from New York though, so it was funny to see all the people freaking out.

Weird weather here (in Buffalo)...We had two days of 50° weather this weekend with a ton of rain, and now it's frozen and snowing again.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Dear members.

This bad weather is a trend that will continue and get *colder*, anthropogenic global warming is probably history's biggest scam and a lot of scientists like myself try to distance ourselves from it, a lot of false information has been passed around and some people are making a lot of money from it.

I have noticed some people on this forum have very strong opinions and try to deny any data unless it's in favor of anthropogenic global warming, this weather is acctually very natural and there is mountains of data to back it up, it has happened before, just not in your lifetime.
All I have to say to those members is wait and see, you're in for a rather large shock, this is coming from a person who has studied this area of science for the last 30 years.

Kindest regards

Eric.

edit on 3-1-2011 by EricLintScD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Didn't it snow in North Scottsdale 3 or 4 years ago? I am pretty sure it did.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Near the time of the obama 'change' election, politicians were volunteering to perform in a round robin rescue of the faltering concept of 'global warming'. A few of which come to mind are John McCain, who was slated to be obama's global warming czar as he'd lost the election, evan bayh, who boldly stated the need to stop global warming, and sara palin, saying the same (a flip of her previous position). arnold spoke the loudest of them all, before having the fist of God shoved down his fascist throat. The bbc wrote unending stories with doomsday headlines. It is too late to undo the damage of global warming. Children in England will never again see snow etc....There were others I forget the names of, written down on scraps of paper here and there, and known by God.

It was obvious that the political tax train had already been assembled and that the vampires comprising the 'elected' 'representatives' needed to be on board, or submit to inside political ruin. Many of my contemporaries were quite attached to the idea of themselves being higher-ups in this low esteem social club, and as their plans became frozen, they began calling for Nuremberg style trials for anyone who denied global warming. bono, the most shameless self made saint this world has seen, aside from his teacher, whom bono refers to as 'Father Al Gore', slinked away and began looking for new aids poisons to endorse, and then began trying to censor the internet. He said 'we have all this wonderful technology at our disposal. You cannot tell me that we don't have the power to censor and regulate the internet'. I fail to see how much more plain in intent evil can be. But, yes, even bono shut the f up about global warming, for once (although by coincidence) not going against the will of God. Meanwhile, the prayers of those healthy enough to be able to discern the evil intent of man and his hobby of submission were finally answered as one miracle after another unfolded, with precise timing.

At the moment that it was arnold's turn to parrot 'we need to stop global warming', a blizzard and frost killed the citrus crop in his state, before proceeding to bury the middle part of the continent in snow. See April, 2008. arnold had to cancel his tour, because of God (eat it phage). New York state received 12 feet of snow from this miracle. I trust that everyone remembers these events.

Still the global warming set are trying to revive their hoax, because money is at stake, This hoax is the backbone of carbon tax, and cap and trade. You and I couldn't stop them. The whole army couldn't stop them, so God stopped them. What will become of them if they continue to lie? If they continue to ban normal non-poisonous lightbulbs etc...?

Then their underground riot palace will be flooded with 'corexit', or something equally as foul. It's not as if they left us any choice.

edit on 3-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

I noticed the article about the birds dying earlier this morning. What I found very disconcerting was the fact that the 5000 birds that died was found to have died of "multiple blunt force traumas to the vital organs"!. WTF? I might could understand a few ran into a plane or something odd but for them to drop dead of blunt force traumas all over the area..what happened? There had to be some massive force or concussion wave to hit them. That is just freaky but give it a few days and there will be a retraction saying they died of a local disease from eating some kind of bug!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreampsi
reply to post by mrsdudara

I noticed the article about the birds dying earlier this morning. What I found very disconcerting was the fact that the 5000 birds that died was found to have died of "multiple blunt force traumas to the vital organs"!. WTF? I might could understand a few ran into a plane or something odd but for them to drop dead of blunt force traumas all over the area..what happened? There had to be some massive force or concussion wave to hit them. That is just freaky but give it a few days and there will be a retraction saying they died of a local disease from eating some kind of bug!

Yes, and that 'bug' will serve to usher in another zionist germ scare and quarantine threats.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricLintScD
Dear members.

This bad weather is a trend that will continue and get *colder*, anthropogenic global warming is probably history's biggest scam and a lot of scientists like myself try to distance ourselves from it, a lot of false information has been passed around and some people are making a lot of money from it.

I have noticed some people on this forum have very strong opinions and try to deny any data unless it's in favor of anthropogenic global warming, this weather is acctually very natural and there is mountains of data to back it up, it has happened before, just not in your lifetime.
All I have to say to those members is wait and see, you're in for a rather large shock, this is coming from a person who has studied this area of science for the last 30 years.

Kindest regards

Eric.

edit on 3-1-2011 by EricLintScD because: (no reason given)

Dear Eric,

Could you elaborate and use layman's terms please.
Thank you,
Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EricLintScD

Eric, thank you for bringing that up. Actually I find that most people do believe that this is a natural event that has happened before. However, it was so long ago, there is no data to give us a clue as to what to be ready for. I know and understand that we are at a point during the change where things start to move more quickly. For example the melting permafrost and glaciers. I watched a bit on that the other day and was facinated! Once it gets to a certin point which it did not long ago, nature gets rid of the rest of the ice rather quickly. I understand that the large amount of fresh water entering the system after such a long time lowers the salinity of the ocean waters and some how affects the currents.

Since you, as you say, are a scientist of 30 years, perhaps you could share your knowledge with the rest of us. Yes, there may be one or two that will insist you are wrong and it is because of man made events. I do not disagree with that statement 100% I think that we have done a bang up job of screwing with mother nature, but I dont think that most people feel that it is all our fault. That is just too far out there.

So, how would you describe these times, and what do you think is next?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
In STL we had 4 inches of snow on Christmas day, and then New Years Eve into New Years Day there were 20 tornadoes in Arkansas, and Missouri, seven people died.

We do have a saying around here. If you don't like the weather just wait around for a hour as we are known to have wild weather swings. I remember as a kid playing in 8 inches of snow and it was 70 degrees.

We Can't forget about the earthquakes and earthquakes in weird places. Indiana, UK ect....
edit on 4-1-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I cant believe I didnt mention the tornados in the begining post. Good save.

Now to add the massive fish kill in Chesapeake Bay, and the dead birds in Louisiana, and I also heard reports for Kentucky and Tennessee as well.

hisz.rsoe.hu...
Hundreds of snapper dead in New Zeland

All in the same few days time.

What the Heck!!

new topics

top topics

join