It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, ATS you win.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I've been reading on this site for several months and finally decided to take the plunge and register, for good or ill, to indulge my paranoid tendancies and enjoyment of all things conspiracy.

I consider myself a recovering neo-con, having started out in high school as right-of-center and moved even further right in my first few years of college. Ironically, it was during the time my wife attended a somewhat fundy christian college that my political/social/religious beliefs started to track back to the left. Reading, various life experiences, overseas travel, and grad school have since pulled me further into what would be considered a leftist mindset by many. I disagree with that analysis/label, but it does make for some fun conversations.

My major political/social/religious influences would be Thomas Jefferson, Jacques Ellul, E.P. Thompson, Leo Tolstoy, and others who espouse what is called Christian Anarchy. I do not consider myself a Christian however. I grew up in a fundy evangelistic setting and slowly extricated myself from their clutches and abhor the collusion between religion and governmental power, especially the unholy marriage of American Evangelical Christianity and our government.

I think that is probably enough information for now.

- mike

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Make yourself at home and and stick sround. You will fit right in.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well Hullo there! Nice to meet you mike. Yeah, so welcome to ATS and i sure hope you love it! I know i do

Anywhooo, i cant remember if i did an introduction or not, so ima go check that now. Chat later!

~Para

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by subversivemike

Hi subversivemike, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by subversivemike

Welcome to ATS. "fundy" meaning fundamentalist I gather. Never seen that before. Learn something new every day around here.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thanks folks for stopping by to read my intro and say hi. I figured posting my political/social/religious leanings would give people a good idea of what angle I would be coming from in my posts.

More importantly though, I enjoy homebrewing and all things beer. I'm also partial to my pipe collection and fine tobaccos.

- mike

P.S. - Fundy tends to be a derogatory term, for the record.

new topics

top topics

join