It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling like I'm being watched

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Ever since I was young I would wake up in the night and have an overbearing feeling that someone or something is watching me.
It doesn't matter where I am every night its the same feeling and its a not a great feeling.
I have never seen or or heard anything so really don't know what to make of it.
Any ideas anyone?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It's called being Paranoid.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well yes you could call it that but I know I don't have a reason to be plus I don't smoke weed or anything

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicafan

...And that's called not being helpful.

Anyway OP, I wouldn't worry too much about this, mainly because if anything that's going to contribute to you feeling fearful or having the sense you're surrounded by something not good. So before anything else, just try and relax and feel positive if you can. It does a surprising amount of good.

Also, have you ever had SP (sleep paralysis - The feeling of being paralyzed) as well? That seems to be followed by the feelings of being watched It seems (It's not paranormal as well btw, It's a natural thing that happens for everyone).
edit on 3-1-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Cheers I haven't experienced sleep paraylsis thankfully and will try doing what you said, Thanks

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by benintheuk

Cool, and It's IMO, easier than you think to do as believe me, you have a hell of a lot more control in these sorts of situations than you think you do.

edit on 3-1-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Don't forget to put fresh garlic next to your bed

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Don't forget to put fresh garlic next to your bed

..Oh, yeah, I forgot to recommend that too..

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicafan

LAWL!
~
Anyways, I know where you're coming from. Sometimes I get that feeling but its like Dejá Vú, I get it for a moment or two but as soon as I try to consiously analyze it, the feeling simply vanishes.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
as a child i got these same feelings constantly, especially as i would lay down to sleep. I ignored them, and eventually they went away I don't have them any longer.
what i found helped for me was thinking, even if something is watching me, it probably isn't going to hurt me anyways, it cant touch me.
i don't know if thats the case but as a small child that helped me immensely, and allowed me to fall asleep at night.
I haven't felt as i was being watched in years, and i'm glad of it, it was a terrible feeling.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mesaana

Thanks I will try and think positive

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Have you ever tried telling it to stop? You would tell anything else to do so. Give it a try next time. It doesn't have to be said ugly. Just a simple "Please Go Away". You have nothing to lose. Maybe if it is aware that you are aware it will back off.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

You are being watched.

You are also under the thumb of those doing the watching.

It is called 'society' and it is managed like a corporation by sick people.

Individually there is no hope of change and imagine that, we are a separated humanity.

By design perhaps?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

You are being watched.

You are also under the thumb of those doing the watching.

It is called 'society' and it is managed like a corporation by sick people.

I'm surprised it took this long before someone blamed society for the OP feeling like someone is watching him at night. Genuinely, I'm actually surprised, lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I am too, especially with cameras and other electronic surviellance around these days.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
That feeling used to drive me crazy too. I used to get scared when my dogs or cats used to bark or stare at empty space. For some reason, dogs seem to grow out of this around age 2, whereas cats do not grow out of it.

Now if I feel like there is something there that I can't see, I just talk to it. It takes the edge off, and in all this time, nothing has ever tried to harm me. If something doesn't feel right, just tell it to go away. It cannot hurt you. If you can't see it, it isn't physical.

I've had a mirror fall in the bathroom, and it made it into the tub somehow, with zero broken glass outside the tub. Unexplainable, the angle it had to drop, move over a foot, and across another 2 feet to get to the tub. My son ran upstairs to stare into the tub with me, shrugged, and went back downstairs. He has always believed in what we cannot see, because of stuff like this. It's all been good though.

I will admit, I don't like being completely alone, but I don't like people around much either. I have always had pets. And they've always stared and barked at empty space when young

*****Also, if you have a web cam, or any other digitized thing that might have a camera eye, cover it up. There are ways for people to hack in.
edit on 3-1-2011 by snowspirit because: forgot electronic surveillance.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Do you have a lot of electronic devices in your room, like a alarm clock, light or cords near your bed? If so, this could be the cause. All electronic devices give off a field of energy that can have all kinds of effects on us, especially psychological. This is something that is talked about on the show Ghost Hunters all the time. High EMF can make you paranoid, or make it seem like something is watching you. Check the links below

www.ehow.com...

ezinearticles.com...

www.thehealthierlife.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMystic78

To be honest I have a hell of a lot of gadgets so it probably doesn't help matters

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Hey there, I cannot offer much professional help on the topic, but what I can tell you is that I experience the same thing from time to time when I'm alone. As someone said rather blatantly, it could be paranoia...but there is no proof that it IS paranoia. Just like with me, it could be my imagination...but more often than not...it feels a lot stronger than imagination or paranoia, doesn't it?

I'm glad you came around to ask about your situation, if you use the search function I'm sure you'll find a few other threads on this topic as well. Regardless, In my encounter with the "being watched" feeling, I have had similar experiences but also I've had times when I've heard things along with having the feeling.

Just because you haven't heard anything probably does not mean that there is nothing there. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it true that spirits can be basically anywhere? Just passing through and possibly it is curious. In your case, since it's been long term (since you were young) it probably has a connection to you but as long as you aren't hurt, then I assume it is fine.

Fear is another story though and fear might actually be the thing that hurts you. Like Rising Against said, just feel positive. I've tried it and I suck at it, but I know some of the more knowledgeable people will give you that advice, and it's good advice. I've also heard that it could be helpful to close your eyes and envision a bright white light surrounding you for protection.

If you are courageous enough (or dumb enough
) you could try communicating with it. Be advised though - if you do not want any more activity, then don't try to communicate with it! Of course, that advice is in case it IS some sort of entity. It could be just your imagination or even paranoia...but don't put your money on it. Not everything is explained by filing it under the "C for crazy" folder.

I really hope I helped, and hope I didn't say anything that might cause more harm than good, although...I'm not sure what that would be...and Goodluck!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join