It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

perpetual motion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum

Oddtodd, thanks for reminding me of that. There are also light activated hall-effect switches out there as well, but those suckers are expensive.

Basically, imho, I'd go with automotive parts (you could even concievably use used parts from a junkyard as long as you get all the components from the same types of vehicles (for compatibility).)

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Earthscum]

Maybe just the sensor that goes into the block ?

I have a distributor , so I am not sure . Junkyard dog it !

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
oh yeah... I forgot, the reasoning for SCR's is 1) they are simple to use and incorporate into a system, and 2) use relativly low power. Converting a small amount of AC to DC (enough to run the switching circuit) is also easy, and should put very little drain on the system. The constant-on thing isn't much of a problem if you print the circuit right, and as an added bonus you can just plug them into a breadboard and go do some pretty kewl stuff with relativly little electronic experience (believe me, lol... I'm by NO means an electrical engineer!). At least it would be a starting point... BUT

I'd go with the hall-effect switching, since it is designed for exactly the purpose needed here

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Here is a link to the stuff ES and I were talking about : photo , hall , and a reed switch .

www.gatewaynmra.org...

Also , how bout an old magnetic spedometer for a bike , same concept , cheaper parts .

[edit on 8-7-2004 by oddtodd]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
the parts you would need are located inside the distributor. You'll know if you found a hall-effects distributor because the 'rotor' is a disc with a slotted skirt, which has a sensor on either side. When an opening passes, the light can shine through to the other side and activate the switch. If you do go the route of using this, you will definitly want to make a new axle system. Distributors don't have ball bearings or even needle bearings. They have a solid bushing that has a certain tolerance that allows the pressurized oil from the engine to lubricate it. Without this system, you will have so much drag and will eventually scuff and marr the bushings and they will no longer be free to spin. Have fun! (sometimes I really wish I owned my own junk yard... my GF claims I do, but I just pack-rat everything, lol!)

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum Distributors don't have ball bearings or even needle bearings. They have a solid bushing that has a certain tolerance that allows the pressurized oil from the engine to lubricate it. Without this system, you will have so much drag and will eventually scuff and marr the bushings and they will no longer be free to spin.

A magnetic"hover" type bearing would cut down tons on the resitance , could't get any work or energy out of it , but it would spin without friction.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Aw hell Earthscum , lets just you and I make one , pack rat here also...

XL5

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Yup, I'm also a pack rat. I bet my pile is bigger then yours J/K.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i actually devised one myself which is much cheaper and can help my thing to get started with the aid of a solar panel and some capictors. what i will do is just hook up an arm off the piston which i can use to use as a switch. it works and it much simpler and cheaper

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
You designed what ? A switch ?

Is your doohickey going to charge the capacitor ? I had a similar idea myself...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
To my understanding the definition of a perpetual motion machine is something that only requires energy once and after that never, ever needs energy put into the system again. Does yours do that?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
yeah but as i was told in this thread, perpetual motion machines need to start themselves, so my machine will use large capicitors filled up by a solar panel.

someone should really outline the rules of perpetual motion machines much better

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by junior_smith
i have this design for a perpetual motion machine (i know that it is suppossed to be imposible but to my knowledge it works)

is any one there an engineer or machinest because i need to know a question regarding cranks and such just fine details

-Graham

No reputable engineer would help you make a perpetual motion machine. They are Impossible. Better you should go out and tend your garden, At least you might be able to eat from it.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by hablivilah]

XL5

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is from my hotmail inbox. Its from the yahoo free energy mail list.

I started reading this group a short time ago and while most of you
are way over my head, i love the thought of "Free Energy". I
personally own a small machine shop here in South Carolina USA and
want to offer my services to anyone with an idea that needs a
machine shops help. Yes i will work for "free" and all. I just want
to see something that will work in the end. I am big beleiver in
perpetual motion from a magnet side of things. Anyway i will give my
address and all at the end here and if you are reading this and
think you might need a shop such as mine to help you with a project,
please save the info and get in touch with me when your need comes
to be.

If any of you out there could help me to find funding for
advertizing that is a need I have right now,,,,lol,,,I know your all
laughing at this point as that is what the banks do to me when they
ask what i want the money for.......

My shop has the following equipment to help serve any need you may
have.

CNC and Manual, Lathes, mills, Cutting torch.
Welders, stick, mig, heli-arc, gas.
any so many hand tools i can't keep track of them all.

HiTec Tool, Inc.
Chuck Hembree
1247 Durham Snow RD.
Greer, SC. 29651

www.hitectool.com
[email protected]

To drop of the list, send email to:
[email protected]

However, you may need to be very exact in your measurements. Also, find out how much a patent and all the work to get one costs. You'd better hope it works before you blow lots of money on something that may have the smallest but the most important flaw that makes it not work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join