It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do YOU wake people up?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Depends on the person. One of my favourites is '2 planes = 3 buildings'. Or 'in over 100 years of development, we still have wheels, wings, propellors, propellors in tubes (jets) and the same old dinosaur tech to power it, while computers have gone from the size of a building to something as big as your little fingernail in 1/3rd of the time. Is it just me or is something amiss?

Making people laugh is the best way to wake them up in my years of megaphone sheep management ^_^

You know...your technology idea is amazing. I'm going to quote you whether you like it or not (I don't tell anyone I have an ATS account...)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I had to sleep on this thread. It had me thinking all night, all morning and up to this minute. I think "waking people up" is the single most important thing a person can do for another. I think it can be a "kapow!" or in can come in increments, like when I read a post and it makes me see something in a new light. Either way, I am still waking up.

And, in my case, I fell "asleep" due to early childhood trauma that came in three forms in three separate events all before the age of nine. None of which you need be burdened with on this thread.

It occurs to me that I have been blessed with a veritable army of people in my life who have helped me to wake up and now you all are helping me as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Don't give up...don't you think you are not making a difference...not any of you. Just your presence in the room, without a work spoken, makes a difference. People subconsciously can feel, their higher self knows, there is a person in the room who is awake. You may never get the notice you deserve in this dimension, but I can guarantee you, that person's higher self will use the available energy you brought with you to help wake up the lower consciousness of that person. Promise.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
reply to post by survivalstation

That is why I usually don't do the chicken little dance...my fear of stick figures giving me the "crazy-hand-spiral".

LOL, I'm not sure Rage against the Machine would be my first choice... maybe Muse? All joking aside, music can be a powerful influence on someones ideals and reinforce the message. Take this video from ATS' own ignoranceisntbliss for instance, the powerful beat and the repeated lyrics drive the message home.

Google Video Link

edit on 7-1-2011 by survivalstation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuck
"In a way you must be like Jesus or any religious prophet of old times. You must appeal to the person as someone that knows the truth absolutely and confidently. However, you have to be prepared to back off when you sense they become uncomfortable. When they are ready, and you have respected their wishes, they will come to you requesting more of your insight. "

Now I do understand your intentions..but that statement to be is dangerous..NO ONE KNOWS THE TRUTH ABSOLUTELY..that is total BS...all you can do is help someone question from a different perspective..nothing more..by all means plant the seed to make people think...but by NO MEANS espouse you know the truth...its crap like that..that has gotten us into this state...

I assume you are young and fired up with what you feel is right...but from my perspective ..what is happeneing has nothing to do with any religion..there will be no saviours...only ourselves!!

The statement is only dangerous because there are those that still live in this world. Metaphorically speaking I no longer attach myself to the beliefs of this world. However, I do live in this world and understand that people hold opinions of defining what truth is. Truth to me is a current state of what is true. This is why it is possible for two people to absolutely state the truth, as they see it. To both, they have their own truth. And each truth is important. However, when aligning ourselves with a higher purpose of our desires their really is only one such truth and all perspectives of that truth can work within to make us more honest about our intentions. The truth is some are not honest with their intentions. Some are honest with their intentions. Like a child some will tell you exactly what they think about some issue. Some will try to twist their own perspective to influence another into excepting their truth or to appear more informed and knowledgeable when in truth they are not...they are simply artful in disguising their intentions. Think politicians for this...

You are right, we are the people who can save ourselves. We must first recognize that individually we are the same. Many of us have similar desires. Now if we could just figure out some system that would support that state of being without taking from another the opportunity to have that same desire and ability to obtain the life needed. It is the system we argue about. It is the system that divides us. The system is flawed. It does not make our lives more enjoyable. It makes our lives dependent on that system. The system controls our lives. Until we decide a new way forward--a system that equally allows us all the rights and enjoyments of living a physical life, we will always be at odds with each other. Because to one person, they will not let go what they feel they deserve, and to the other feels that roadblocks have been placed on their ability to live how they feel they deserve.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join