It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do YOU wake people up?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The only thing to awaken to is love - which many of us are avoiding.

We hold onto the weapons of the past, prepared to thrust them into the flesh of those who would attempt a familiar course of action to cause us pain.

To awaken people, I become aware of their weapons, turn them aside with an open palm and embrace them with as much love and understanding as possible.

You can see it on their face, they do not understand right away, often they will cry or get angry.

We are so prepared to fight, that we have forgotten how to love.

Awakening is remembering, remembering is experiencing.

We must share our positive experiences with all whom are 'willing' to hear them.

Another incredible method is to be observant of those who are reaching out to you and reach back.

Make the connection we are all yearning for deep inside our hearts.

Blessings,

-G

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I saw this video over the summer and thought it fits quite well with this thread...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

I do not agree that "religious "people don't have a clue about what is happening . At least most Christians know basically whats happening is the fulfilling of the prophecy of the endtimes . But I agree that most Christians wants to distance themselves from the upcoming or present calamidy at hand as they are sure that they will be gone in the Rapture before hand . Sadly enough they spend very little time reading in Revelations and are not prepared to endure . Soon they will find that the theory of pretribulation rapture was false .
You are right about people in general , they will not believe it until someone of authority brings it too them .

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A lot of really insightful answers, and that's exactly what I wanted!

I must say that I am not a "master of communications" and my English is less than stellar, so I'm sorry to have come off as someone which knows exactly what's going on, and the "truths" I have stand unchallenged. That is in no way the TRUTH

I will be the first to admit I'm wrong, I got no problem doing that. There is just not that many reliable sources telling me I'm on the wrong track. Please don't take me the wrong way, I don't ramble on like a madman speaking about the Illuminati, jay-z and building seven in one breath. I try using Socratic irony, questions and incentives. But I do realize that although there is a lot of psychological aspects that make what I feel is my duty extremely hard, there is more than likely more than one wrong thing about how I try making people aware of this. Understand, I never offer an ultimate truth, I try getting people to question their own way of looking at the world.

Anyway, thank you for all the good answers, I will surely adjust the way I approach people about this.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

How do YOU wake people up?

What first came to mind was considering what sources most people have gotten their info from, and I would suggest largely from television and antiquated text books. Considering why one thinks what they do, leads one to examine the sources from which they drew upon for information.

I stumbled upon a gem of realization when I watched a doc called Manufacturing Consent by Chompsky. I understand not everyone is a fan of Noam, but I think what is revealed in his assessment is spot on. The doc reveals how tv not only shapes so many's perspectives, but also the forces/intent behind what is presented on tv.

So one of my first moves to wake someone would be turning them onto this doc. Personally I stopped trying to force people to wake up, they must be inclined to do so themselves, so I would rather make a light suggestion, or share what I believe to be true, not in an absolute fashion, but more in a "what do you think" way.
Manufacturing Consent
Manufacturing Consent 2nd link

Peace,
spec
edit on 3-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It requires me to be completely accepting of the person with whom I see to wake up. It requires me to listen 93% of the time and speak 7% of the time. I cannot have an agenda. I am in a conversation with a sovereign soul and our being together is not an accident. There is something I must learn from this person and this person from me.

Where are they in the journey of waking up? How long has this person been asleep? We know this person (like everyone) was born fully awake with all faculties on triple sharp and spot on kick ass ready to go!

So, what event caused them to go to sleep?

And what's the rush, we will see each other again, have coffee...and, if not, I will write the name of a "waking up" book down and make sure he/she has a light in their eye about the book.

ATSers exceed the general population in higher awareness of the mathematical construct of the agreed upon reality. Also, you all have a higher level of courage to break through the illusions brought up to confuse. Also, you all take more responsibility for the truth and require of yourselves a higher standard in research and accuracy.

Be that as it may, it requires our best humility to wake people up, it requires our best ability to love, to be compassionate and consistent and patient.

Some of us were tested hard re: "waking up" another (I certainly was) by a thread called "Skinripper here." Have you seen the movie "The Cell"? Remarkable similarities.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

don't give up my friend. it is worth too much, if not for yourself, then for your loved ones.
be brave and try to make short succinct public announcements where you can i.e. cinema queue, train station etc. it won't cost you much and you can walk away, and who knows who you will affect- an inverted pyramid of info with you at the top. three potential bullet point facts:

- 9/11 three WTC buildings demolished by three underground 150kT thermonuclear explosions

- sodium bicarbonate cures cancer but this has been hushed because of the amount of money to be made by the medical and pharmaceutical industries

- george bush snr was involved in JFK snr's death and george bush jnr was involved in JFK jnr's death

of course there are so many more nasty hidden truths to choose from. keep up the fight and the spirits.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB
How do you go about learning people the true history of our world, that it's been hijacked since god knows when by power-hungry, psychopathic secret-societies and that it's fast on it's tracks to a fascist world-government? I find people are most resistant even to the idea that other people than we think are in control right now. I have tried going easy, going hard, hinting, suggesting, talking about Bilderberg-Group, illuminati, family ties, music/movie-industry, 911, operation northwoods, symbolism and what have you. Most people close their ears right away, and few are willing to admit something is going on, even when realising it's pretty much right in their face. Out of the people I have gotten slightly aware, most figure it out when seeing and hearing the symbolism in the music industry. How do you go about? What do you say? what do you show them?

My honest opinion is...

You can't! It's engineered so well, through the use of TV programming, the movies, etc. Most people would think you are a loony, a loser and instead of believing you, you would be discrediting your own message through this perception.

Some, but very few people who are curious will look into it, this is how I ended up here after being told about these types of conspiracies, most won't. I don't blame them. I honestly wish I'd never been woken up, because I came here and saw, and believe speculation about our current recession a few years before it happened (I've read ATS since 2004), and I know about the dire situation of places North Korea, of the Iran - Israel issues, etc and the future looks bleak. I really wish I could spend my life watching x factor and enjoying the moment, unaware of the real issues!!

It is up to them to wake up by their own accord in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I am a new member here on ATS. I am fascinated by this topic and how many people see evil things lurking in the shadows and how everything leads back to these evil groups that are fooling us, while they build a self-serving new world government. Why does everything lead back to these groups? Are they so powerful only people on discussion boards and the history channel will discuss them? I think that there is a fine line of what is really going on and what people think are going on. Do secret societies exist? Absolutely. Do they serve their own interests? You beat your butt they do. Are they evil? That depends on your view of them. I have never seen anything that made me say, “HOLY CRAP… All of these groups are connected and are working for some bigger group.” Has it ever occurred to anyone that the amount of people involved in keeping a conspiracy like this is just too large? All these groups, with all of their members, and no one ever comes out and says, “hey, look over here! Behind this curtain… look it’s the magical wizard!”

I’m sure I will get condemned as being a cog in the evil empires wheel, oh well, so be it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
most of my friends (granted, their barley adults) dont seem to even want to listen ....

im TRYING to help them, and tell them what is or what might be going on in the world we live...

but they do not care, if it does not directly concern them

seriously i dont have time to "wake people up", im trying to reasurch # myself and their are only so many hours in a day

and even if i did have more time, the majority would look at me puzzled, ignore it or change the subject

even smart people.. "yo, i saw a ufo" , "yo, look at these megalithic rocks...." pretty intersting stuff eh? possible topic of converation?

i get this blank stare 90% of the time

if i mentioned the illuminati... no doubt my friends would consider me crazy......... little do they know they're the crazy ones
edit on 3-1-2011 by legitbrah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

I don't know, pour coffee on them and make them drink water?
Oh wait I think that I have that backwards?

You can't wake them if they're not ready...PERIOD!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
The only thing to awaken to is love - which many of us are avoiding.

We hold onto the weapons of the past, prepared to thrust them into the flesh of those who would attempt a familiar course of action to cause us pain.

To awaken people, I become aware of their weapons, turn them aside with an open palm and embrace them with as much love and understanding as possible.

You can see it on their face, they do not understand right away, often they will cry or get angry.

We are so prepared to fight, that we have forgotten how to love.

Awakening is remembering, remembering is experiencing.

We must share our positive experiences with all whom are 'willing' to hear them.

Another incredible method is to be observant of those who are reaching out to you and reach back.

Make the connection we are all yearning for deep inside our hearts.

Blessings,

-G

a great quote from a fellow british colombian

shout out from Vic.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Maybe use the alternative media ie the web to spread truthful information in an intelligent way backed up by credible sources?

Message boards and forums. And not just political ones.

I am into cars and belong to a bunch of auto forums where they have an off-topic section, I would think that most forums do. A lot of these topics are discussed, generally with traditional corporate media biases. Its up to people like us to introduce different perspectives, based on accurate information and real history.

Heres one example.

I often see people discuss the 1979 hostage crisis in Iran, yet no where do you see mentioned that the cause of this event was the people's desire to rid themselves of a US installed puppet via Operation Ajax in 1953.

There are 2 versions of history out there. The sanitized text book corporate media version and then theres what really happened.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Originally posted by survivalstation
I saw this video over the summer and thought it fits quite well with this thread...

I like that.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

Sarcastic Graffiti?

I don't know, sounds good to me. Really sarcastic graffiti that cuts deep in simple words and phrases. It must be sprayed in such a way that allows for maximum introspection. The context is key. For example, graffiti at the walmart that points people in the direction of walmart's ills, on walmart's property. I'm not advocating the destruction of private property as I'm sure that is not permitted. Nevertheless, if one were to spray paint a message of reveiller, I would say it must be done in a way that takes context into account.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
You wake people up when the disharmony in society reaches such a point that a critical mass feels the effect. Staging emotional examples of what is really going on is effective. Exposing secret and hidden agendas ahead of time is effective if you can get wind of them. Exposing the past is less effective as those in power have already planned for that. What they don't expect is their future secrets to be exposed and this can thwart or ruin their plans. Ultimately though, once the economy becomes sour enough, revolution including the exposure of the truth becomes reality.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

So, pamphlets and Rage against the Machine will save us. I get the idea though, very clever analogy. That is why I usually don't do the chicken little dance...my fear of stick figures giving me the "crazy-hand-spiral".

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

How do I wake people up?

Coffee.

LOTS AND LOTS OF COFFEE. (yes, I'm serious here...)

I usually just mind my own business out in public, but for some odd reason, these types of coversations always get brought up by the other person first - (at least in my experience).

If a topic comes up that has relevance to the meat of the matter, I'll inquire as to where the other person is in their Process, what they know, what issues they feel the most strongly about, and inquire if they'd like to compare notes and maybe work out some constructive solutions to the problems at hand.

(I'm not at all about showing pamphlets or propaganda down anyones throat - after all - that would make me no better that those insidious Powers That Be, forcing "my way" on an unwilling participant.)

If I see a Comrade at Arms though, I'll try to keep it lighthearted unless they've got deeper issues they feel like really tearing into - if they're up to it, the next couple rounds of coffee is on me as we work our way through the mud towards higher ground.

I suppose if I wanted to grab attention though, I'd either wear a tinfoil hat 24/7 or else have a little sign at my cafe table that says "Reserved for Members of the Illuminati" and a little All Seeing Eye with a smiley face underneath scrawled on it.

(speaking of which, I might just do that next time I'm out and see what comes of it....)

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I only do it to my friends. A few inspiring quotes (MLK, JFK, Ghandi) over instrumental music (Do Make Say Think, Godspeed, Beethoven, Strauss) can do wonders. Then again, we are all pretty much Journalism or English majors with music obsessions. Also, although I realize this is probably done in vain, I resort to guerrilla art. If you find some anti-authoritarian quotes or drawings in WV or VA, it might have been me. I also aspire to be a writer, but I don't write...

Rome burned from a just a spark right?

You earned a flag.
edit on 4-1-2011 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2011 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Depends on the person. One of my favourites is '2 planes = 3 buildings'. Or 'in over 100 years of development, we still have wheels, wings, propellors, propellors in tubes (jets) and the same old dinosaur tech to power it, while computers have gone from the size of a building to something as big as your little fingernail in 1/3rd of the time. Is it just me or is something amiss?

Making people laugh is the best way to wake them up in my years of megaphone sheep management ^_^

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join