It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do YOU wake people up?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
How do you go about learning people the true history of our world, that it's been hijacked since god knows when by power-hungry, psychopathic secret-societies and that it's fast on it's tracks to a fascist world-government? I find people are most resistant even to the idea that other people than we think are in control right now. I have tried going easy, going hard, hinting, suggesting, talking about Bilderberg-Group, illuminati, family ties, music/movie-industry, 911, operation northwoods, symbolism and what have you. Most people close their ears right away, and few are willing to admit something is going on, even when realising it's pretty much right in their face. Out of the people I have gotten slightly aware, most figure it out when seeing and hearing the symbolism in the music industry. How do you go about? What do you say? what do you show them?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Nothing works. People don't want to know the real state of affairs. They like their pretend world just fine; even if it isn't.

Personally, I don't consider myself to have figured anything out "for sure", but I question almost everything now and try and figure out what is going on behind the scenes. At least "question" but I can't even get most of my friends to do that. Send them all the videos and articles you want and it all just bounces off.

My dutch friend is the exception. Having grown up in the Netherlands I think he has a better picture of the way of the world than I do.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

I have tried many approaches to wake up the people close to me in my life. The sad thing is they just don't seem to care. They are too conditioned to snap out of their state of denial, they are too comfortable with their illusion of what they are living.

I have tried many times to prepare entry level explanations.. "waking up for noobs"... where I try to convince them that the people who are supposed to be looking out for them are not as innocent as they seem. I try to keep it basic and not get into the really complicated stuff at first. I find that WTC building 7 is a great one to start with. Most people do not know that building fell on 911. Once they see that building also fell from a controlled demolition most people cannot help but second guess the OS and open their minds to alternative explanations.

I have pretty much given up though, I am tired of being looked at as a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist just for having the motivation to read between the lines. I am interested to see if anyone has any advice to pass on. It does not seem that my approach for waking people up is very convincing

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
You don't. Leave em alone, that's what I've learned.

We are a people born and raised being lied to which in turn programs us to lie which causes distress when the truth slaps us in the face.

Naturally people just turn the cheek and control alt delete.

Seems to me to be natural instinct with these sheep.

You can't help someone whose not interested in helping themselves.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It's hard to open the minds of highly skeptical and religious people. Instead of analyzing evidence and distinguishing fact from fiction, the skeptics invent excuses while the religious totally ignore it because they believe something else. I always ask these questions: Belief? Whatever happened to knowledge? Why believe something when the fact of the matter is you simply know or don't know?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

My methods work 50% of the time, sometimes more. That's a pretty high success rate to me. Just show as much evidence as you possibly can and use logic to your advantage.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Dear OleMB,

It is always welcome to have another truth seeker, like many of us here at ATS. But sadly we are out numbered by the numbed and dumb down masses.

You must always understand these two things that we are all but Truth seekers, thus no one can truly know truth, and it is not job to sell anyone our truth. I know that's mouthful but here is what I mean.

Truth believe it or not is subjective, i.e. different societies carry different beliefs and standards. An example of this principle, is cannibalism. Though generally sought as a negative thing, many cultures, including modern day ones, saw a spiritual value in eating fellow human beings.

Also as a society progresses so does it's general understanding of the world around it. Thus, even the most advanced forms of scientific exploration will be seen as another truth gone by.

The other thing to know is that we are not responsible for anyone other than ourself's and although its a wonderful and nobel thing to try and educate the masses, as you will note from above, since truth is subjective, it is not possible to convert anyone's train of thought at least not in one fail swoop like I interpret you would like to see. No, for a great awakening to happen, it will take a tragedy or even worse to convince the sleeping masses, we are not an evolved enough planet to do it the peaceful unifying way, just yet.

But worry you not, for the truth seeking bug will find them when it needs to just like it found us when it needed to.

The message you have read may be interpreted as a defeatist attitude or pessimistic, but in my mind its optimistic.

In my mind it is better to have love then lost then to have loved at all. In my mind ignorance is NOT bliss!

That is why I promote the ideas of the Venus Project and their aims at bringing a new era of true freedom to the entire population of the world, not just a small community, culture, or nation.

What we all need to do is continually strive to better ourselves as it will better ever one, for in the end we are all one.

Please read my signature and the post I made about Venus Project and their idea for a Resource Based Economy.

Good day and have a happy and prosperous new year to everyone!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
They will wake up in their own time. If they seek for answers, then give them something but not everything. Let them do some researches on their own so that they can also have their "aha" moments. For those who do not want to know anything, let them be. It is not yet time for them to wake up.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
On a large enough scale, the mainstream media will wake up people. It didn't when MSM reported about waterboarding, mysterious CIA flights to secret prisons for torture, or the horror of the Iraq war. However, it did with Wikileaks. Apparently, all you need is a face (Assange) and a cause. Of course, people will disregard the cause eventually and worship the face.

I don't both to 'wake" people up because most of the time majority belief wins out. If majority believe 2 plus 2 is 5 then you have to believe too.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Yep, i don't think there is anything we can do. This is something that is just going to have to be one of those 100th monkey things. Eventually when enough people start questioning, the rest will as well.

You can even see this happening in ATS...how often are you looking forward to logging into ATS one morning and reading your favorite global meltdown thread...and there's nothing around but UFO's and the crazy people posts? see where i'm going with this? If you don't then you are the person we are talking about...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

IF you believe in anything, don't worry what others think about you for believing. The greatest minds of history were laughed at or ignored. With the occasional dufus around you being the exception, people can still find common ground. Like JFK's assaination conspiracy as it has grown legs in the last 20 years or so. But if you say anything huge to open people up you would've had to develop a strong track record of having things right when you bring up those unusual, rarely heard, facts. IF you can prove them when your challenged, like the building 7 on 9/11, you have opened a mind.

That type of thing opened me up to understanding how people have been manipulated in mass to a big fat lie and how to open some eyes. Hovever if you fail even one time, it is going to be a waste of time to even go there again with that individual. Failure to keep trying to tell the truth is what we have to live with here. People can't continue to pretend the emporer is clothed can they?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Questions ultimately lead to exploration and solutions. I have a huge problem with belief systems, which is why I always state that I either know or I don't know something. When I don't know it, I have questions. When I know it, that's because I asked questions and figured it out. The ignorant masses just need to question what they don't understand instead of inventing invalidated explanations or believing something without evidence nor justification.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Slowly, the reasons behind are deep and many. The beliefs people form take time to develop, they also take time to change. Just supply a few facts at a time. Too much at once can get overwhelming and they just switch off. By providing time for some of the critical facts to sink in and be considered it softens up the mind to allow the bigger picture to build. As long as you are getting some emotional reaction then you are doing good work, if they just go blank then time is needed for them to reassess and comprehend the situation and implications.

It has taken many years for things to get to this stage, it will take many more for the full picture to sweep through society. When things do finally click for them it can be a very emotional time. It is great to see you are keen to help enlighten the situation. One step at a time, one mind at a time and things will gradually turn around.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Brainwash them with the truth - or at least to question the headlines.
Sooner or later they get hit with a topic that either affects, or interests them.
Always distribute your info in the form of a question.
Your lead with the third tower falling on 9/11 is a good one.
Why do you think a third tower fell later that day?
Do you find it odd?
I tried to tell a friend in Detroit of the latest round of earth cracks that were found there in Oct.
I sent her the latest youtube video on it.
She replied, "oh yeah there was an earthquake nearby here a few months ago, but we didn't feel the ground shake."
She either didn't view the video, or/nor check the posting date of the end of October, and that this new crack had just opened.
It was a sad reality check for me.
Reality is just easier to deny for some.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Most of my friends are not religious people, nor are they highly sceptical. They just don't seem to care about what's going on in the world. And if any of them do care what's going on, they just seem to believe what they read in the papers or see on the news. I've tried changing peoples minds but it doesn't work.
You "woke up" by yourself, without help from people you know, so it's best just to let nature take it's course. It will happen if it's supposed to.
edit on 3/1/2011 by HexagonSun because: typo

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB
How do you go about learning people the true history of our world, that it's been hijacked since god knows when by power-hungry, psychopathic secret-societies and that it's fast on it's tracks to a fascist world-government? I find people are most resistant even to the idea that other people than we think are in control right now. I have tried going easy, going hard, hinting, suggesting, talking about Bilderberg-Group, illuminati, family ties, music/movie-industry, 911, operation northwoods, symbolism and what have you. Most people close their ears right away, and few are willing to admit something is going on, even when realising it's pretty much right in their face. Out of the people I have gotten slightly aware, most figure it out when seeing and hearing the symbolism in the music industry. How do you go about? What do you say? what do you show them?

I totally feel for you on this topic. I try and try as you try and try .here eyes are always so blank. What I have concluded is this: from elementry schooling through adulthood we are programmed to believe a specific way. They THE MAN the elites who plan on dominating all of earths people have been working on control sense before america was invaded by the europeans. you can Google search or whatever search engine you use, The American Proeject and learn alot about why america was taken and the inner intent of why america was founded.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Many have told me, "Eastern philosophy interests us very much, but the concept of ‘nirvana’ is very frightening." I have answered, "Yes, it is frightening. Truth is just the same. Truth is also frightening, but truth is reality." Man is so fond of illusion that he, so to speak, revels in it. If someone awakens a man who is having an interesting dream, that man will say, "Oh, let me sleep on!" He likes looking at his dream. He does not want to wake up to reality because reality is not as interesting as the dream. Thus, amongst seekers of truth, we find only one in a thousand courageous enough to look at the immensity of truth. However, there are many who take an interest in illusion and they are inclined, out of curiosity, to look at mental illusions because these are different from the illusions of the physical life. They are apt to call this "mysticism," but it is not mysticism. Author:HAZRAT INAYAT KHAN

For some, the bogeyman is too real.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Blame Nature!

The fact of the matter is, society would be impossible if every single person was "wired" to be a leader. The same goes for being of a questioning mind. In order for society to work, only a few leaders are needed; only a few questioning minds are needed, but lots of followers are needed to unquestioningly do what their leaders tell them to.

That is a functioning system. The questioning minds will help the society to avoid pitfalls and missteps, but their job is a very difficult one indeed. I would say their time would be best spent getting the "leaders" to see the need for a new way of doing things and the rest of society (your friends and mine) will happily tag along and not even notice the course change.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

Live what you talk about. Don't TRY to wake anyone up. If someone asks you a question about a topic, answer it honestly. And only that question. Sooner or later you will catch the ear of someone who's looking for answers. These are the ones who have ears to hear what you're saying.

Don't drown them with too much information. Answer their questions, make sure you have your facts straight, and always refer them to sources other than yourself where you can. Don't threaten their paradigm or delusion, only question it.

You'll know when you find one. And some you thought would never come around, will when they see consistency in your own life.

Again, Live what you talk about. It will shine through.

edit on 3-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I too find it hard to wake others up. I find that it's not about waking people up but finding out who is already woken up. On New Year's eve I had a conversation with my father and some older people about JFK, and every person but one disbelieved the official story, the remaining person strongly believed the official story but had no real evidence to back it up, just assumptions about security at the time and the crazy aliby for Oswald. The other person remained neutral. I think the entire thing was for that guy, the person in the middle, because let's face it, you believe what you believe, it's only when you are introduced to new material that you have the choice to make a decision.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join