It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time zone problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I was just editng my profile when I noticed that my time zone was set to gmt +3, I altered it back to gmt and saved and it just reverted back to +3.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance Ben

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by benintheuk

Get used to it. I've been re-setting to GMT for two years and tried all the suggestions. Maybe the ATS clock is trying to confuse us Brits? It seemed to work for a couple of weeks last year.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Ahh that sucks. Oh well

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
In your profile, you can only set your timezone, but you can't see what timezone you have set. So, you set your timezone, click submit, and then ignore what it says afterwards. Just remember to set your correct timezone before hitting submit again if you change anything. You can check if you have the correct timezone by looking at the recent posts. The latest posts should have a time stamp near your time (+/- a minute or two) if you have set the correct timezone in your settings.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Ok, on the recent posts page, it used to say the exact time, but now it says "8 seconds ago", "two minutes ago", etc. instead. So, to check your timezone now, you'll have to click on "8 seconds ago" (or whatever it says) to go to the latest post in one of the latest threads that has been posted in, and then see what time it says on that post. Hope that made sense...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Thanks for that Hellmutt. Currently, the time is the same on posts as on my watch.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Thanks guys

new topics

top topics

join