It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 21, 2011 - another Judgement/Rapture Date

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

'Loose Christian Movement' ... what's that? (I could comment .. but it would be bathroom talk
)These folks have picked may 21 of this year as 'the end'. They claim the bible says it. (while ignoring that the bible says no one will know the day). The woman in the story believes the Bible is a cosmic calendar explaining exactly when various prophecies will be fulfilled. Next stop for where they are bringing this absurdity ... IRAQ. :shk: Anyways .... for those interested ...

Loose Christian Movement Says End of Days in May

Exley is part of a movement of Christians loosely organized by radio broadcasts and websites, independent of churches and convinced by their reading of the Bible that the end of the world will begin on May 21, 2011.

To get the word out, they’re using billboards and bus stop benches, traveling caravans of RVs and volunteers passing out pamphlets on street corners. Cities from Bridgeport, Conn., to Little Rock, Ark., now have billboards with the ominous message, and mission groups are traveling in countries from Latin America to Africa to spread the news outside the U.S.

Read more at the link.
edit on 1/3/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Too bad they aren't using the money they're spending on billboards (which I'm sure aren't cheap) to feed starving kids or something instead....

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The billboard part screams HOAX. And doesn't the bible state that 'no man shall know the day nor hour', or something along those lines....

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This is scariest fact about Christianity and that is that you have certain people actively looking for the "day of judgment". Someone should make a film about Christians getting orgasms about the coming of the rapture and end times. Strange thing is that they believe that THEY will be chosen. How one can have so much confidence in something that has no measuring stick of competence is beyond me but whatever is imagined is truth, I supposed.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
(skip to 1:50min) 2011 reference.(4:55min return of the Christ reference)

I watched yesterday about 17 parts of this documentary. I must say very en lighting.

I seems to give us an objective vieuw above dark and light. Iluminatie/luminati.

Everything ties together in a positive way, me thinks

edit on 3-1-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The part that sets these people apart is where they state that "past failed predictions don't have any bearing on this prediction" even though the Bible says that you are not to follow one who made a prediction and been found false or lacking; for that person is not of God Ummmmmmmm according to the Bible YES past failed predictions have all the bearing on this yet again another prediction from yet again the same person who has several failed predictions including rapture predictions Really how many times does this charlattan have to be wrong before they wake up and see he's making a fool of them by setting a date for something that even the Bible will not set a date for.

Too bad people won't just read the Bible, instead like everything else they prefer to "read into" the Bible so that it suits their agenda or idea to make themselves to be more than they are.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Yes, I just saw this article on Yahoo...
I laughed. Even the people touting this are laughing about it in the article, if that means anything.
If anything, these articles will just make the rapturites appear more and more silly and perhaps the
whole premise will finally hit the dust, thankfully.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The fact that anyone listens to anyone setting these dates, amazes me. Date setting has a horrid track record.

On date setting:

Matthew 24

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

On listening to these people:

Matthew 24

23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25Behold, I have told you before.

26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Did these people even read their bible?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

FlyersFan,

I think this may be another Harold Camping prophecy. He made one many years ago and it failed of course. This one he is basing it on 1948 when Israel was made a country and it will fail I am certain. He has no solid basis.

Truthiron.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Date setting is a very difficult venture. It would be difficult to determine if 4990 years had passed since the time of Noah, and I don't see where Camping came up with the 1955 years for the end of the Church era. His 1999 prediction failed, too. Got to give him credit for trying. People want to believe this is the end, because there are so many problems.

I hope for everyone's sake that Camping is right. It would be nice to go to heaven.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

This is scariest fact about Christianity and that is that you have certain people actively looking for the "day of judgment".

Well, all Christians are supposed to be anticipating Christ's return. That is part of the hope that Christians have.

Someone should make a film about Christians getting orgasms about the coming of the rapture and end times.

Yes, some Christians do take eschatological things a bit far. Date setting is evidence of that.

Strange thing is that they believe that THEY will be chosen.

Yeah, and? It makes sense that Christians would expect to be separated with the sheep or raptured (if one believes in a pre-Trib rapture) when the Bible says that followers of Christ don't face the same fate as those who don't follow him, no?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Darn you beat me to it... LOL

I was researching and came across that 2011 May Judgement day and I was like... "What? seriously? Again?"

Don't people have anything nice to predict like humanity will push forward and aspire to a great golden age?

Tired of doom and gloom... anyhow, I have a lost civilization to find... peace everyone.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
What is it with all those doom and gloom predictions.They always come to pass and nothing happens it getting really annoying knowing these predictions will never come true why not predict something else other then the doom and gloom predictions?It always tends to be unhappy predictions and this prediction is the same.May 21 will pass without incident and then more predictions like this will occur.These predictions will keep happening over the years. It will never stop.Its getting really irritating now.
edit on 6-1-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Sometimes I hope that this rapture of theirs does happen - because than I won't have to hear their annoying wining anymore. I wonder perhaps if they even know what they wish for?

Think about it for a second. There is a God out there that has a few favorites that he created, and the rest of his creation/experiment doesn't matter. There are only a select few of these elite members of God's creation and if you do not fit into this elite status, your soul will burn in the lakes of fire that we know as hell.

What many of these evangelical Christians (yes, they are a different breed than other forms of Christianity) don't realize is that through manipulation of the written word - they are following not the teachings of their God, but a human's teachings.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Was walking in town today and got handed this leaflet, WE CAN KNOW: MAY 21ST, 2011 IS JUDGEMENT DAY
I gave it a read through, and saw one interesting quote:

Jeremiah 8:7 Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people know not the judgment of the LORD.

Ring a bell?! I was going to make a thread to see what people thought about that. Figured I better not seeing as this one's close enough.

Originally posted by daryllyn
Matthew 24

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Looks like the birds can know though right? Even the devil can quote scripture for his own ends. Now I'm not having a go at you or anything, but you can argue any point using the bible, that leaflet seems to be all about quoting the bible to put across the message that yes we can know the hour. Some of the quotes used are pretty apt too.

Personal Disclosure: I'm not affiliated in any way with the makers of the above linked leaflet, nor do I hold that may 21st 2011 is judgement day, I just saw an interesting quote and thought I'd share!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanoverFat
Was walking in town today and got handed this leaflet, WE CAN KNOW: MAY 21ST, 2011 IS JUDGEMENT DAY
I gave it a read through, and saw one interesting quote:

Jeremiah 8:7 Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people know not the judgment of the LORD.

Ring a bell?! I was going to make a thread to see what people thought about that. Figured I better not seeing as this one's close enough.

Originally posted by daryllyn
Matthew 24

Looks like the birds can know though right? Even the devil can quote scripture for his own ends. Now I'm not having a go at you or anything, but you can argue any point using the bible, that leaflet seems to be all about quoting the bible to put across the message that yes we can know the hour. Some of the quotes used are pretty apt too.

Personal Disclosure: I'm not affiliated in any way with the makers of the above linked leaflet, nor do I hold that may 21st 2011 is judgement day, I just saw an interesting quote and thought I'd share!

I would have to agree with you. Anyone could probably take any verse and argue any argument they can conjure up. Add in how many versions/translations of the bible that are out there, and well, you can see where I am going here..

But.

More often than not verses are taken out of context and the interpretation is skewed to benefit their own agenda/doctrine/belief system.

Its interesting that you bring up a verse about birds with the whole world-wide bird death thing going on... LOL

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Exactly what I was trying to say! T

That bird quote was the thing that caught my eye, Its interesting and topical, but also something that could be used now to push a 'judgement day' arguement.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I heard about this on C2C recently. It was the first I had time I had heard that May 21 is the new end date. I listened to their reasoning and found flaw with their dating system.
Unless we undo a ton of scientific and archeological study, the world is greater than 6000 years old, which is about where they put the beginning. And then I started thinking about it. How is it possible that the Bible could even know that. According to that tome, the first people died out long before there was a way to record the passage of time. So, well into the life of this little blue dustball, we start recording time based on stories?
I dont know how many times you have heard a story passed down, but it gets skewed in favor of the teller with each passing. So, 6000 or 6000000. The difference is a 0 when scribing the tale.

And, since the all powerful Roman church sees fit to disclose only that which they think we should see of the lost scrolls, we know for a fact that the book is incomplete, regardless of its validity. That, coupled with a host of poor translations just makes me skeptical about any and every word held between the bindings.

No, I think myself, my family and my friends will all be here come May 22 and the world will only have a bunch of billboards to take down by days end.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yep....

May 21, 2011 threads have been happening here since that article first hit the blaze back on January 3.....

So it has been beat to death here on ATS for a few months now.

Two words, Harold Camping. He already got one date wrong back in 1994, and now I guess he decided to try it again.

Some of the ATS threads titles you can search for reference or just search May21, 2011...
May 21/2011 Marks Judgement Day. Why?
May 21, 2011 and October 21, 2011 billboards...
Biblical scholar's date for rapture: May 21, 2011
May 21, 2011 - another Judgement/Rapture Date

Basically it starts on May 21 and ends on Oct 21.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Date setting is a very difficult venture. It would be difficult to determine if 4990 years had passed since the time of Noah, and I don't see where Camping came up with the 1955 years for the end of the Church era. His 1999 prediction failed, too. Got to give him credit for trying. People want to believe this is the end, because there are so many problems.

I hope for everyone's sake that Camping is right. It would be nice to go to heaven.

i hope you're not too dissapointed the next morning when you wake up just like every other morning.

the rapture isn't going to happen, sorry to tell you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join