It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO captured while shooting High def HDR

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
both photographs are great but second is remarkably marvelous! as for the ufo I think it's one more case of "rapid moving object of terrestial nature", likely a bird

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
S and F OP. Your post is a shining example of how I think one should post something they are unsure of. Having looked at the other posts and picture examples I would have to agree with the bird folks. It looks like a bird in flight, but then I was not there and if it gave you the creeps that is something in my book.

Now I go off on the deep end. Maybe its a UAV? I would immagine that if it were a bird on a clearish sky such as that you would have noticed it flying around. Not saying its and ET UAV but it might be some kind of robotic observer.

Back to the land of fact. Great post, honestly I would love to see more of your work. I have to admit that I have not looked to hard, and forgive my sloth, but if you have a website would you mind PMing the link to me?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I love the pictures btw. Makes me wish I was back out in the country again! I used to ask people some questions whenever they would have seen a UFO. I can list them for you here. We found in our research that UFO sightings no matter how small were never by accident.

1. Did you ever experience any form of missing time that day?
2. Have you experienced any low forms of Humming around your head and body?
3. How did you sleep that night, if at all?

This is just a small sample but it helped us determine the Quality of any interactions that may have taken place with a UFO witness. Hope it helps!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoseChung
I'd guess that it's a bird from getting this frame from one of the gifs :

Would say that left side is the birds tail, left-top-middle is the edge of the birds wing, and right side is obviously it's head in that case.

That's a great pic you ended up with though, nice work.

I guess these were birds too then

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
One thing I noticed is that the UFO is clearest in the middle-range shot.
Assuming aperture priority, that means that the camera shot at different shutter speeds across the three images.
I'm surprised that the darkest of the three is not the clearest one, as that would have the fastest shutter speed.
This could perhaps be explained by the movement of the UFO, if one assumes it slowed down by the time the second (midrange) image was shot.
- how quick is the interval between shots? I'm assuming you are using a DSLR that shoots them near-instantaneously, all shot within the span of a second.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If you notice on the first frame you can spot something similar to a wing of some sort.

I would guess it's a bird. Nonetheless great photos. Love the photography.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceman22

Would say that left side is the birds tail, left-top-middle is the edge of the birds wing, and right side is obviously it's head in that case.

I guess these were birds too then

www.youtube.com...

Help me to understand why a space shuttle video of the earth's atmosphere containing some sort of anomolies has anything at all to do with a video of a bird in flight.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hey a fellow HDR photographer here. I didn't read all the replies because this seemed like an open and shut case to me. Im sure someone else has already cleared this up but i'll say my 2 cents anyway.

Seeing as your fastest shutter speed was only 1/80, I'd say you caught a bird. Im 99% sure its a bird. With an 18-55mm lens, I'd recommend at least 1/125 to minimize movement in your average scene. And, obviously, you need a much quicker shutter speed to catch a bird flying by.

I shoot long exposures too so im very familiar with a dang bird flying into my scene with a slow shutter speed.

I have a few hdr books to recommend if you're interested. Top 10 Mistakes in HDR Processing, and How to Fix Them by Trey Ratcliff and also Rick Sammon's HDR Photography Secrets for Photographers.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
defiantly looks like a classic saucer ufo. looking at your animated GIF file, it looks like the object slows down then accelerates off, seeing as in the 1st image it has some motion blur then in the 2nd image its almost stationary then the 3rd its just a streak. but this could also possibly be due to the change in shutter speed for each frame. still a very interesting catch though.
time to bring on the debunkers lol.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

Very cool photography! I have never seen HDR and that last photo you have up there is truly astonishing! It's so rich, vivid and has a 3D'eskish feel to it. Love it!

As for the UFO shot, it is extremely compelling. I think you just may have bagged one my friend. if it's a bird that's one big A** bird!

I have a feeling the fireworks will really start to show this year (2011). It's been a long time coming! I can't wait to see the look on the skeptics faces when full disclosure finally happens. Priceless!

Great job OP I really enjoyed this one!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

S&F~!

don't have time right now to look up this data .. however, my only thought would be to get a good idea of the average size of the birds there (judging from the book cover posted, they don't look to big) and then looking at the picture taken, judging the distance, would we/camera even be able to see the bird at that distance to even SAY it's a bird ??

of course we'd see the eagle at that distance, pretty sure .. but they don't fly that fast, at least to my memory they don't but Hawks might..

Recap; taken in the average size of birds there and then judge the distance to the object in the picture, would the camera even be able to capture that image at the distance ??

the smaller the object x the distance = difficulty in capturing anything ..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I saw the same when I first looked at it, so I took the second frame of the .gif file; zoomed it in, sharpened and reduced the noise in the background created by the sharpening. Now I'm not too sure, I can see both the possible bird and UFO...

Zoomed/Sharpened/Noise Reduced
i92.photobucket.com...

Bird?
i92.photobucket.com...
i92.photobucket.com...

UFO?
i92.photobucket.com...
i92.photobucket.com...

Hard to say, the zooming has reduced the quality and the distance makes it hard to make it any better. Whatever it is it's a cool find and a very nice picture. Love the landscape.

Sorry for the links, first time posting on this site (after lurking for a while xD) and having a bit of trouble using the [.img][./img] tag, keeps telling me they don't exist even though the links are correct and working o.0

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Good to see most people are rationale about this and not just jumping to UFO and some proper investigating has been done of the photos rather then just claiming its a UFO.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by belsce
Thanks for sharing!

Great photographs. The last one almost looks "otherwordly" with its fantastic colours

As for the UFO it looks like a bird in flight. Of course I can''t tell for sure, but I've seen other photographs similar to this where a bird was the "culprit". It's just a guess though.

I agree. Excellent photograph. Although off-topic, I really would like to get a good camera and learn to do these types of things. I've always had an interest in photography.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I could be off-base here but this is my take on all of these freedom-grabbing laws.

In short, technology has empowered the general population to the point where we have as much power as those who think they have all the power. Remember, knowledge is power. When you take into account the Internet, smart phones with video/still photo capability, GPS, small audio recorders and so many other technologies, it stacks the deck in favor of the average citizen. The only way to overcome that significant power is to create laws to negate those technologies. It's truly sickening how these laws go into effect with nobody ever voting on them and furthermore, the mainstream politicians aren't standing up and making a stand against them.

Do you realize that Rodney King would have never stood a chance if these laws were in place when he took that beating? He would have ended up in the hospital and the person who filmed it very well may never have come forward. The cops would have gotten away with it. It's funny how the same politicians refuse to "intimidate" illegal aliens because then "they might be afraid to come forward with incriminating evidence against others", but it's okay to discourage law abiding citizens from coming forward with evidence against corrupt, abusive cops. We are truly becoming a police state. I'm just grateful that I'm already 50 years old. I feel sorry for the younger generations. The pathetic, corrupt world that they have to look forward to.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

If there was a such thing as flying saucers then it would be believable ,but because there isnt ,well ,i dont know?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Thank you so much ATS'rs for your input, the thread is slowing down now but it has been fun.

Since I have a new found interest in photography, I will be out and about with my camera a lot more and so that will increase the odds of catching something out of the usual.

I am pretty convinced from all the analysis done during all of your responses that what I captured was actually a bird.

Next time I post a UFO pic, I promise it will be less ambiguous

Many thanks

Kenny

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Could anyone tell me what happened with Dr. Jonathan Reed and the whole alien videos? Was it ever revieled as a hoax? I was wanting to start a new topic but could not figure how to do it.
Thanks,
Spike

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Good Evening Everyone...I'm new to posting forums but, not new to this site and have been a frequent visitor for the last few years and was doing some research and saw a video that in my belief shows that something is most certainly strange if not abnormal in this video. Commercial/private aircraft? And the reason why I question this particular video is because there appears to be continuous lit aircraft which make no sound but, however...can hear the traffic all around and the person's voice on the recorder. Any suggestions as to what you feel it might be? Thanks for listening.

Also, I don't know if this is in the right forum "Mods" or should be in another. I'm new at even creating an avatar or posting as of yet as I soak up alot of information. Thanks.

www.welcomethelight.com...

Sincerely with respect - La Morte Musso

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Your HDR photography is absolutely beautiful.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join