It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO captured while shooting High def HDR

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

It's not that HDR is a spectrum of light we're unable to observe, it's basically a technique of layering at least 3 images taken at different exposures to highlight and exaggerate detail and color. In fact, its opposite, camera's can not see the full dynamic range of luminance that a human eye can see.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This is definitely a bird

I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few birds in my time

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MatthiasGoliath

Sorry to jump in on your reply MatthiasGoliath. You are quite correct in saying that the camera is not as sensitive as the human eye but the technique does have the ability to record three different exposures onto the same image.

If our eyes where sensitive enough to distinguish all of these tones then we would all view the world as that depicted in a HDR image.

A photograph already does a great job of allowing us to view a scene with more clarity than in real life because it is a two dimensional image. Our eyes can only actually focus on one plain at any one time. Normally we scan with our eyes and interpolate with our brains to make sense of what we see,

A photograph takes all that work away and we can enjoy a captured moment. HDR is totally awesome at seeing the un-see-able.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hello all at ATS, this is my first post. I've been browsing the site and decided to finally make an account. Although i am a believer in extraterrestrial life to me it does kind of look like a bird.

It has probably been covered already but In the first pic, on the top middle portion spanning almost all the way to the left edge of the supposed "craft" does sort of look like the wing of a bird. It also seems at a pretty close distance for it to be a considerably large flying disk. Also, If you look at the third picture, you can sort of make out the ending of a wing,

The first pic In the second animation shows a split on the left side of the craft, which I think would also indicate a wing. Well, I hope i have put something useful to this thread, hope I dont get bashed to hard

I look forward to posting more, and meet like minded people!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Your slow shutter speed leads me to believe it could be a bird. The GIFS that you provided show there is no birdlike movement, but then again, i don't really know much about the way birds fly.

I think you did the right thing sharing this with all of us on ATS. Because we can brainstorm and maybe find out what it really is!

As for me, right now i'm not even slightly convinced it's anything other worldly!

S+F's for you my friend just cause of the pages of conversation this will lead to!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Amazing pics either way.

I love HDR pics!

I have a photo editing account on a site and the HDR feature is my favorite!! I love the look it gives to pictures. I am currently messing around with some of my Pompeii pics with that feature. I am making book with my pics and I want to use HDR for the pics

Great pics and post! I love when people post all the info upfront and dont get offended when someone calls it something other than a UFO. I think it was a bird like Chad and I believe Kandinsky pointed out, still great pics!

Star anf Flag for sure!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Misanthropy

Nice of you to drop by Misanthropy, You have made some very valid observations, I am definitely leaning towards bird myself, but we all live in hope. WHY? because we all need for the way this planet is being run to change. So, bird, flying pig, floating cows, it doesn't really matter. What we really need is an unidentified flying catalyst.

I hope you enjoy ATS as much as the rest of us and I look forward to reading your comments.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

After a lot of careful consideration I have come to the conclusion of: This UFO = a bird.

I am sad to admit that, but after reading a few comments, and looking at the pictures for about 20 minutes straight I really think the object is moving in a bird-like fashion. The real kicker to this is that it is an longer-than-normal exposure. If this were ET, I don't think they would have been going slow enough to get caught in any exposure UNLESS they were "voguing" for the camera. (If you don't know the term "vogue" then you are too young
)

One more point that I was thinking about. Since the second image seams clearer than the first and third, maybe the second was a capture of the bird during mid-flap? That would explain why it seams to have slowed down. (more than it should have even for the different exposure rates)

(unidentified flying catalyst.... that made me chuckle!
:lol

edit on 1/4/2011 by Seitler because: funnyness

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Good luck with your HDR photo's it is very addictive. I sometimes look at a shot and think it looks very ordinary but then after processing it takes my breath away.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

(edit on 1/4/2011 by Seitler because: funnyness) That made me smile.

I also smiled at the prospect of some grey alien striking a pose.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
wow , is it a bird is it a plain .... eh no its a bird.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by realistsee

HEADLINES Jan 05 2011

The planet earth has been invaded by aliens. A NORAD spokesman said " we didn't see them coming the ships they arrived in looked just like......

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Seems to be the auto response to this sort of thing by many
Bird, Balloon, Chinese Lantern

I bet it will continue to be Bird Balloon or Chinese Lantern when it looks like this.

When it does happen like this the ones that said Birds Balloons or Chinese Lanterns will begin saying
CGI, Holograms, Project BlueBeam, Hoax

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72
I think I have extracted as much information from the pictures as I can so please don't ask me to post the RAWS as they are all about 17 megs.

17MB isn't much. You could easily share them via flickr, or even just pop them into dropbox db.tt...
I literally upload more MB in photos per day from my cellphone (5 Megapixel images) and thats via a cellular network.

In other words, if you don't want to provide the raw images, just say so and not give a lame excuse like bandwidth or storage is preventing sharing a measly 17MB of data each

Note that just page 1 of this thread is over 2.5MB of data

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

I bet it will continue to be Bird Balloon or Chinese Lantern when it looks like this.

I bet they'll be called CGI and models, because that's what they are.

Thanks for the insightful post btw.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Wow, stunning photography! Absolutely beautiful.

Also very well laid out thread, including the exif data and the gifs, Big thumbs up there.

But as far as the anomoly. It pretty clear to me that it's a bird.

In the last gif you posted, the titled one,You can see in the 1st and 3rd frame the wings are up(1st frame last gif), and then down (in the 3rd frame, last gif). The 2nd frame where it appears to be "saucer" shaped. Is due to a)blur as the camera is focused on the background and the bird is much closer, and b)the birds wings are blended into it's body because they are in line with the birds body (this happens as a bird flaps it's wings, about 1/3 of the time, even lonfer if it's gliding).

But again, nicely laid out thread,very thorough.

Beautiful work you create either way. The last picture is stunning.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Welcome to the other side. What size foil hat do you wear, sir?

LOL! Just kidding. In fact with the increaseing numbers of people carrying cameras now-a-days, strange things will be photographed.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

where was this taken what state or country??

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
Is this a clever joke?

could be, but if it is a joke it's an awful lot of effort for little gain.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
As close as the object was to the camera it cant be bigger then a small car it could even be as small as a bird. lmao and if you can capture the object in 3 frames it certainly is not a fast object and do you think Aliens that is so smart would pass that camera? not likely.
edit on 4-1-2011 by chriskilla because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join