It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO captured while shooting High def HDR

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
wasn't it Terrence Mckenna that said something along the lines of that is does not really matter if UFO's or abductions are real, it is just that they are phenomena that lets us question our own reality? Im sure he said that somewhere. I like to say it is whatever. F*&ck it homes. whatever... I hope we find what we are looking for.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
As much as i want to believe this is a UFO, its more probably a bird.

I remember one time i saw a pair of what looked like Orbs flying in a V formation. I was sure they where UFO's, so i started driving closer to get a good look. I later found out they where just geese whose skin was very reflective of sunlight.

Unfortunately with so much blur its hard to tell exactly what it is, but with such a good camera it would be hard to imagine how a bird flying at a normal speed would have so much blur.

I really dont know.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well now, I believe you caught a UFO!! I think this is real my friends. It is amazing how fast they are. Not even visible by the naked eye most of the time. This goes to show you never know what is right in front of your face that your limited eyes cannot see.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Don't worry about it, probally something else, and you may have misunderstood what yu were looking at, could be a frisbe, but I doubt it being alien.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spokaneman1983

Interesting comment spokanman, I personally do believe there are UFO's that can't be explained away. I really wished I had more to go on. If these craft can defy gravity and inertia it wouldn't be unreasonable to imagine that Earths atmosphere would not present too much of a problem to an advanced civilization (friction wise).

If these things can travel at enormous speeds within our atmosphere, then glimpsing them would actually be very difficult even in broad daylight. Your comment about what our vision is capable of seeing is quite factual as HDR photography proves.

The fact is, they are not a Photoshop affect but rather what the world would look like if our eyes where able to differentiate the full tonal range of light. Perhaps for some creatures such as BIRDS (ugly word today) the world actually does look like an HDR photograph.

edit on 4-1-2011 by kennyb72 because: typo

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Im not sure what it is..But a well prepared thread in any case.. thanks for the pics and the time you put into the whole post it was very interisting ..thanks..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

Oddly enough I thought that final pic was a painting. It's beautiful. i've never seen trees like that. Tasmania must be quite the place. I'm almost opposite of You. 47.9° N 117.3° W. Snow up to my elbows right now.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I just think we are learning more and more about what we are and how we fit into reality. Our senses are limited by our brains capability. I think we are going to find, once we get over ourselves and our constantly thinking we are some divine special animal, that there are races and intelligences in this universe that will make us humans look and feel as limited as ants are compared to us. Ants are pretty sophisticated, but most don't know that. I'm sure somewhere around us there are beings living their lives out, seeing us as ants. We are no more than fleas on a dogs behind to them. I also think, and this is just a thought, that this might be the reason disclosure has not happened. I think that the Government doesn't have a clue. I think they are just as aware of the E.T. situation as most of us, and they are just as clueless. Think if you were the government, would you want to come out and tell your public that "Yes there are E.T. goings on around us, but we have no clue what they are here for, how long they have been here, our weapons and defenses do not work against them, and they have never been hostile. We have absolutely no idea what they want, and they seem to be abducting people, and we can't stop them." That would not go over well for TPTB. They would lose all control once people realized there was a higher more advanced power present. Just my 2 pennies.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
First of all I would like to say thank you OP. Thank you for not rushing in and saying straight away its a UFO its a UFO. Once upon a time I would have.

Thank you also for providing all the data to the image, so many threads of blurred alleged UFO's appear on ATS with no data whatsoever and it becomes very frustrating when you can't take any detailed information from them to draw conclusions.

IMHO - I don't know what it is, however, my logical reasoning side of things leans on the possibility of this blurred object being a bird. As previously other members have shown clear examples of birds looking exactly like UFO's / craft.

All this being said I would like finish by saying that my gut feeling is telling me that 2011 is going to be one hell of year for UFO/EBE activity. One that I do not have a positive feeling about.

edit on 4-1-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
very well presented, seems absolutely genuine to me

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Very nice presentation, however I would have to go with it being just a bird.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72
reply to post by Kandinsky

OK, well here is the killer evidence. Something even mainlanders don't know -

There are NO BIRDS in Tasmania!!!!!!!

What do you mean THERE ARE NO BIRDS IN TASMANIA?

edit on 4-1-2011 by Mastermook because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mastermook

As I explained earlier in the OP, what we think are birds are actually aliens from the Orion constellation They are simply here to observe, I have five chooks and will they lay? "NO" because they are only here to watch.

Don't be taken in by that twittering sound my friend, believe me it is all very sinister.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
its a bird, its a plane, no its......[some very beautiful art]

Reminds me, very much of the images I create when reading a book.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
UFO or not, a million thanks for creating such a well rounded post. I really admire the amount of work and evidence you've been able to provide. THIS makes great discussion!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
Woah. You might have something there. Definitely does not look like a bird.

I wouldn't say definately but more than likely a bird.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72
Hi ATS'rs, I thought I would share a picture with you that I took while out shooting some HDR photography (high dynamic range) on New Years eve.

I had no idea I had captured this until I viewed it on my computer.

For those of you unfamiliar with HDR photography, it is a process of taking three photographs usually using a tripod and shooting off three or more bracketed exposures i,e, one under-exposed, one at the correct exposure and one over-exposed.

The photo's are then combined during processing to give you an extended tonal range.

Below is a copy of the UFO as it was captured on the overexposed frame of the three exposures.

These pictures where taken on a 16 megapixel camera in RAW format although the ISO setting was @ 100 so it is not as good as it would have been had I used a high shutter speed.

All the pictures where taken using aperture priority.

The following three pictures show a cropped version of each of the images showing the object including the exif information for those interested.

These pictures are completely unretouched from the RAW 16 bit image and I have just screen grabbed them and cropped including the exif.

One of the exif's include GPS co-ordinates.

The next picture is the sharpest of the three frames processed to bring out more detail but not edited in any other way.

The next image is a GIF animation of the trajectory of the object with frames one and three affected by motion blur. This all took place within a second.

The following is the same GIF image tilted with a line included to see if the object was falling and rising which one might expect if it where a bird flying.

Finally another processed and cropped picture to provide greater perspective.

I am generally a little skeptical when I see pictures of Blurfoes but I must admit this one has me scratching my head.

I think I have extracted as much information from the pictures as I can so please don't ask me to post the RAWS as they are all about 17 megs.

Any comments would be nice, particularly from photographers who may have similar pictures that turned out to be birds, personally I can't make that call.

That's all I've got.

Just thought I would add this to show what HDR is for those interested. The picture below is one I took the same day as the one in question.

Quite possibly a UFO.

Unidentified - yes
Flying - possibly
Object - yes

Most probably a swooping bird .

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Amazing photograph .. Great workshop
So this could axially be a technique to photograph UFOs better ?
What shutter time did you use?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Hi Observer1, if you check in the post above you can check out the exposures in the panels at the top

Three exposures to be exact. I don't think it will help to capture UFO's normally as three exposures take a little time
However If I can get one of the little bu@@ere to pose for me, It will be a great pic.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

That is a great compliment, thank you!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join