It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on ATSers! Let me explain something to you

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Your education, in my opinion, has failed you today OP. Your understanding of yourself--and basic psychology--has left you with a little egg on yer face so to speak. Happens to all of us sometimes to be sure.

So, my question is: Do you feel better after your rant...or do you kind o' feel like an idjit now?

A good answer here might repair some of the damage you've done to your 'approval rating.'

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If you're so distracted by minor spelling and grammar errors that you need to rant about it, then I would advice you log off the computer a while and take a chill pill. It's an Internet messaging board, not an English class discussion board.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

I can only laugh at you. Your rant has so many grammatical errors that I do not even know where to start. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

I find that quite offencive, the first part that is.

I am dyslexic, I cannot help but occasionally make the odd spelling mistake. This does not make me any less or any more intelligent that you, if you’re judging people based on their spelling rather than the content of their posts, shame on you. Have some thought. You can’t be taken seriously if you pull people up for using to when they should be using too and then claim as a result of this they are intellectually incompetent and as such you are above them.

I found it very funny that you wrote “theyre” rather than “they’re” then had a moan about typo’s. That is truly hilarious and just shows that even the most “educated individuals” amongst us don’t have infallible spelling immune from the spectre of the dreaded typo. Does this make you a waist of my valuable time, according to your post it does.

Poor spelling is no reflection of one’s overall intelligence, poor spelling is also not evidence that a person has not thoroughly research the topic of their thread. Claiming that is to me is evident of an inferiority complex in regards to your own intelligence.

edit on 3-1-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
1... attachment to form and definition (memory) just goes to show that one has been "taught" what to think (intellect), and not how to think (intelligence). maybe you could be more concerned with the vibrational intent that they are trying to put across. frustration is futile.

2. have you considered all of the possible parameters that may go into these vibrations that do not seem to measure up to your expectations? for instance... maybe others are at a younger age, have far less experience in programming themselves with intellect of the human race, have not been a subject of interest for the school masters, or possibly even have brain or soul damage that causes them to experience life in a different perception then you? or was it just that you were stereotyping, and aggravating the poverty of old conditions?

3. pardon me for wasting more of your valuable "time". i just had to do it.

4. on a side note, sounds like you have some "god" insecurity. always a fun time in life. at least I can relate to that. However, before I whisper to my consciousness that "it" is the one that judges instead of me... I would first rebuff that idea with the concept that if i judge others, i define myself... not them. then i would have to redirect you to a mirror simply for your judgment of those whose grammar does not measure up to your parameters. thank you for the rant though. those are always fun to read (in an "I wish you would quit punching yourself" kind of way).

How about just 1 "do-gooder"? Does that reconcile? (hint, conscience... take a listen)

p.s. - could some mod rebuff op for uglying this site up with profanity? I've been gigged for much less

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Originally posted by Mathoryn
reply to post by dmefoc

Thanks for the rant, i usually have a hard time spelling, could you please help me out with the sentence below?

Go _uck yourse_f

Is it

Go tuck yourself into bed and get some rest?

LMAO

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Utopian
Can i get an amen... how on earth do manage to make spelling mistakes when the comment box is equipped with a spell checker.

Because my comment box spell checks in danish...
dont know how to change it

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
If you're so distracted by minor spelling and grammar errors that you need to rant about it, then I would advice you log off the computer a while and take a chill pill. It's an Internet messaging board, not an English class discussion board.

Y ov corse it iz. letz all be leet nao and speak lyk interweb kiddiez...

!

Sadly, the future appears more and more doomed by the minute.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Hey badw0lf

I understand what your saying, but the OP isn't really complaining about that as far as I can tell, he's complaining about people making mistakes.
People deliberately using text language is different from people just not being very good a spelling and grammar.

I for one would be lost without my spell check and my grammar is atrocious, it's not through lack or trying or through not being bothered about it it's just a personal stumbling block that I find hard to rectify.

If people think that bad spelling invalidates any points I make then they are just going to have to ignore everything I say because it's something I have worked on for years and it doesn't seem like I'm going to be able to fix it just at the OP's request

Edit to add

I do know the difference between. their there they're. now know. weather whether, etc etc it's just that my fingers don't seem to want to comply when I type
edit on 3-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

LOL This is some what pathetic, who cares if some one misspelled some thing, it's what they say , not how they say it that matters.

''your an grammer munstor!''

edit on 3-1-2011 by Mentalistbee because: Oops, misseplt some thing, didn't want the OP to freak out!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

Lets hope the aliens do not pass you any messages to forward to mankind, You will be digging them up for their grammer !

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

You know whats worse, When someone is trying to act intelligent and they make simple spelling errors.
One I seen was oppose and the persons version of this was appose. WTF

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Remember folks, it is the RANT forum... Kind of why it's here....
To provide a sounding board for things you want to rant about (and yes, I'm well aware this is just a phrase, and not a full sentence, but it's conversational).

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyBhoy
reply to post by dmefoc

Lets hope the aliens do not pass you any messages to forward to mankind, You will be digging them up for their grammer !

No. Let's hope alien life isn't monitoring the messages of people on the internet.

They would think earthlings are total morons and have very, very poor communication skills and would either pass earth by or destroy us.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Please feel free to check my grammar and spell check my posts so I dont have to. Why should I? Word on ATS is that you will do it for free. Muhhahaa

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Why do "educated individuals" seem to think that they are more intelligent than someone who is not formally "educated"? Education is no measure of intelligence. I have very little post secondary education and my spelling can be very inconsistent to say the least. I can almost guarantee my I.Q. score is higher than the OP's.

What really gets my goat is when university educated people try to look down on people who are not, like their opinions don't mean anything.

-S&-F

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Frankly...

If somebody posts a quality post or OP that appears lucid and is at least interesting or thought provoking, I don't give a damn if they can spell or not. Quality post or OP trumps form every single day of the week.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
In a language so poorly contrived as to be filled with Homophones, it is hardly reasonable to be angered over some common spelling or grammatical errors. At least it seems so to me.

Some of the most profound statements ever made to me, came from children not yet in school. One that sticks in my mind from over 25 years ago still brings a grin to my face. A friends three year old daughter looked me squarely in the eyes one day and asked, "why do boys shave"? I could not lie to her and I did not have an answer. She could not read, write or spell and yet in her way she changed my way of thinking for the rest of my life. She taught me to ask why again; a talent I'd lost as an adult.

In addition, I really am posting from an old sticky keyboard
Smile and enjoy the conversation and look beyond those things that in the end do not matter, like spelling and grammar. All that matters is that we interact and learn from each other and understand what is being said to us by others. The more who participate in our discussions, the more value we gain from the our interactions here at ATS.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
So?

Why Do boys shave? You left me hanging without an answer.

I shave because I can't stand growing a beard because the itching drives me nuts......

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join