It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis in Bolivia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Atlantis in Bolivia

This is my first post, so please forgive me if I am not up to par.

For the longest I had wanted to share this web page with people on ATS in regards to Atlantis, but I thought it was lost forever since the origina link no longer worked, I have found it, it appears the original creators just moved on to a different domain or what ever, anyway, check out the link, the evidence part is very compelling,

One thing that got my attention back in the day was the "evidence" of the Spaniards having mined a mountain of silver, and the existence of other metals in the area, and many more things according to Plato's description of the place.

Amongst the numerous features mentioned by Plato, we should also mention the metals.
Plato: "The wealth they possessed was so great that the like will never easily be seen again."
The walls of the city were said to be plated in metals which to us were rare and valuable, but to the original inhabitants were common and plentiful.
Amongst these were gold, silver, copper, tin and a mysterious alloy called "orichalcum".
The main motivation for the Spanish Conquest of the continent was the abundance of precious metals to be found there.
The gold of Peru is already famous in the world, and the silver from the mines in Potosi in Bolivia was a rich fountain of wealth which drove forward the Spanish Empire. Next to the mountain of silver in Potosi there is another mountain of tin, which is also a rare metal not found in many places in the world.

Please take the time to look through all the evidence they present, I'm not an Atlantis Expert but the way they put it convinces me. Perhaps other members into the subject might be better educated in the matter and can explain or debunk the evidence.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

If they think this is Atlantis, they're WRONG! Atlantis is out there but we have'nt found it yet...this I'm sure of.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I recommend you to search about the Aymara culture.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Cool, looking it up now!

By the way here's the link to the Evidence part/page
Evidence

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It's a decent guess, sure.

But me personally, I have always "liked" the Antarctica theory.

There is almost certainly vast amounts of rare metals to be found under the ice cap in the mountains there.

Also, Atlantis, according to legend, was destroyed by a cataclysmic flood.

Antarctica fits this exceptionally well, because it is covered in 2+ miles of ice. The ice accounts for the flood, and explains why we have not found Atlantis yet, because it's buried.

Also, dare I say that the Antarctic ice cap also seemingly accounts for the Biblical flood, which may have been the same flood as the one that wiped out Atlantis. And it explains where all of the water went after 40 days, it turned into a 2+mile thick sheet of ice...

Also, the Piri Reis maps, among other ancient unexplained maps, also shows Antarctica in very revealing and surprising ways.

All of this together makes me think that Antarctica is where Atlantis existed.

I am just guessing, like everyone else. That's my hunch though.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Sadly I cannot get to the page to view it, because I am at work at the site is blocked on our servers. (I am suprised ATS is not, score for me!)

Anyway, I am going to take a look at the page and sift through the edvidence mentioned. Let me be clear though, I am NOT a certified expert in any field, just an amature anthropologist. I have had a fasination with Atlantis since first hearing about it as a little kid. Over the years I have been doing a little reasearch into "metaphysical anthropology" to figure out just what it is that has been hidden for so long from our people.

I DO believe that "Atlantis" once existed, and its most probable location is in or around the Gulf of Mexico, so your story threw a flag up for my mind real fast. I would not be suprised to discover that Atlantis is not one city, but rather a generic name for a larger civilization that thrived in the Americas. The evidence I have come across over the years points to the Carribean area being the major sea port of the civilization. However, there are also VERY old ruins throughout the Americas that points to collective organization living and traveling throughout the lands.

Like I said, I cannot view it now. BUT I will for-sure be taking a look at it after I get home and get some rest.

P.S. If you aren't familiar with it yet, I would recommend researching the "Bimini Road" (sp?). I have a feeling this location is going to lead to some shocking truths once some one can get decent funding to do some REAL underwater archaeology there.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I have heard of the flooding and sinking, that is why this bit was interesting

Sinking into the Sea People sometimes say; "How can Atlantis be in the Andes when it is supposed to have sunk into the sea?" We must remember that Atlantis according to Plato was on a level plain which was "high above the level of the sea and surrounded by mountains". Yet the city was on a level plain and only 5 miles from the sea and connected to the sea by a canal. The only way the city can be on a level plain and 5 miles from the sea and yet at the same time "high above the level of the sea" is if there are in fact two seas, that is here, the Ocean Sea enclosing the island continent and the inland sea adjacent to the city. So the canal which Plato said took ships from the sea to the city was not a canal from the Atlantic Ocean or the Pacific Ocean, but a canal from the nearby lake which is so huge that it is in fact an inland sea called Lake Poopo, which in turn is connected to another vast inland sea called Lake Titicaca to the north. In fact the entire plain has been periodically submerged beneath the sea ie it became a giant inland sea at various dates going back thousands of years succeeded by dry periods. And the Earthquakes and Floods which Plato described are absolutely typical of the region.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

Sux the site is blocked, but I'm sure you'll have a good time once you get home.
Wether our peers here on ATS debunk it or not, it is definitely a good read if Atlantis is of interest.

I have heard of the Bimini Road, gonna have too look deeper into it though, thanks to the information sharing here, I am getting pointed into good directions for research! I should thank everyone contributing!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I wouldn't disagree with you on this theory one bit. Like I said, I stand by my opinion that the Carribean would be the major trading port, because the water around the Antarctic is very violent; however, I would not doubt the capitol city could be located on the land there. ESPECIALLY if the poles were in a different possition at the time. This location could account for the digression of architecture the further north you go. I've always wondered why, IF the natives really came over on the "land bridge", are NEARLY ALL of the most impressive buildings down in lower Mexico and South America?

This is counter-intuitive to me. Logical reasoning shows that if we started in the north, then the north would have the more impressive cultural settings. Look at the USA. We got here on the east coast, we have a lot of old settlements and historcal buildings/cities still standing from the VERY begining of our arrival as pilgrims. The west is full of Spanish settlements and towns founded by the conquistadors. Why are the major "Indian" settlements mostly in Mexico and South America? Probably because they travelled NORTH from Antarctica!

Just a theory, but one that I have thought about for a few years now.
edit on 1/3/2011 by Seitler because: spelling and punctution

@MuzzleFlash - Star for the Piri Reis mentioning. Not enough people put enough credit into that map. It is a HUGE bit of knowledge to overlook. Given the time it was made (or even faked) it was still made before we had a realistic view of the Earth from space!
edit on 1/3/2011 by Seitler because: Credit to MuzzleFlash

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I have a feeling you are not too far off, somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere for sure

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Here's a chart with different locations and what aspects of Atlantis match up.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

We know those alien ships have cloaking devices....what to not say Atlantis is also cloaked?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

he also said it was an island. you seem to be missing the point here first off how was Bolivia an island second how is it covered by water? 3rd how did Plato know about it before the rest of the know world except for maybe the vikings. I don't mean to poke holes in your theory but you seem to be cherry picking information to suit your assumption

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

I'm not Cherry Picking.

The Solution: The lost continent of Atlantis is still there opposite the Pillars of Hercules (Strait of Gibraltar) only now it has been re-named South America. The key to the mystery of Atlantis is that Plato is describing both a large continent and a small volcanic island of the same name. Plato tells us that the continent had a large, level rectangular plain at its centre and that in the centre of the plain was the small volcanic island which later became the city of Atlantis. Therefore if the continent itself did not sink, it was only the small island city which sank into the sea, something which Plato would not have known about if he were merely repeating the story.

Some places name their Capitals after the country, or continent etc.. what it's implying is that, even though people see it as the whole continent sinking it was just the Capital City, that sunk.

Did you visit the site? I am going through it again since I had lost the original link years ago. I can't say I agree 100% but alot of the stuff if you take the time to go through it is clear and coincides with Plato's description. I know it's a lot of information (like I said I am going over it myself again) but before shooting holes in "my" theory check out the page, because it is not MY theory, it is a theory I discovered a long time ago, and have just found it again.

Just want to add, it seems you really didn't go to the site, it does not say BOLIVIA is Atlantis, rather Atlantis is in Bolivia, that is Atlantis the Capital City of the Continent Atlantis.
edit on 3-1-2011 by Majestic Lumen because: To make an addition.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

I don't want to seem rude, but I am sure this may have that tone, but Plato was simply telling a story. Maybe his telling was misinterprating this island as a sea island, but it could have been a sky island (ie: high mesa or platue). We have to keep in mind that this was a story being told verbally before Plato, and that during the time of Plato the story was written down.

I'm not saying that possible holes in the interpretations couldn't exist, but it is all being taken at face-value. Think of it in biblical writtings. I don't believe anything in the bible verbatem, so why would I take a story told over a thousand years as pure fact?

Like I said, this isn't meant to be an attack of any kind. Just some honest thoughts into a long-time mystery.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

I can agree with that, because unless we were actually there in Atlantis at the time, there is no way for any of us to say for certain if it did exist or not, or where exactly it exists or existed. Chances are it might not exist at all, however it is still possible, my interest is in the maybe it exists side of things.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Plato did not know of South America. I have seen a programe or two and have spoken with a few archeologists who claim Santorini to be the remains of Atlantis. The volcanic eruption was one of the greates the planet eversaw.

www.youtube.com...

Yes it is a Youtube video but it is by the awesome BBC.

historicmysteries.com...

Here is another link from Historic Mysteries

edit on 3-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

It's an interesting website to look over. Atlantis has been sited all over the world from Bimini to Bolivia and anywhere in between. When Plato described the mythical Atlantis, he was clear that, for the sake of his story, it was an Atlantic island. This by itself should be enough to rule out Bolivia...a mainland country. Another conflict is that when Poseidon fathered his five pairs of male twins, he divided up the island amongst them.

And he named them all; the eldest, who was the first king, he named Atlas, and after him the whole island and the ocean were called Atlantic. To his twin brother, who was born after him, and obtained as his lot the extremity of the island towards the Pillars of Heracles,
link

The Pillars of Heracles were the at the Western entrance to the Mediterranean...arguably Gibraltar. In this light, it's impossible for any part of Bolivia (west coast of S America) to be facing the Mediterranean (west coast of Europe).

The site highlights the terraced hills of Bolivia and overlooks their known history. These sites aren't 11 000 years old, but are from the Aymara and Tiwanaku culture that have lived there for some 2000 years and continue to do so (!) and (!).

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I thought I may as well throw my hat in the ring, so to speak

Atlantis: The Evidence (Thera)

Plato scholar Dr. Julia Annas, Regents Professor of Philosophy at the University of Arizona, had this to say on the matter:

"The continuing industry of discovering Atlantis illustrates the dangers of reading Plato. For he is clearly using what has become a standard device of fiction—stressing the historicity of an event (and the discovery of hitherto unknown authorities) as an indication that what follows is fiction. The idea is that we should use the story to examine our ideas of government and power. We have missed the point if instead of thinking about these issues we go off exploring the sea bed. The continuing misunderstanding of Plato as historian here enables us to see why his distrust of imaginative writing is sometimes justified."

We must remember that Plato was no stranger to parables with his Chariot Allegory from Phaedrus or his Allegory of the Cave from The Republic being prime examples.

For me, Atlantis too was an allegory - one that used the Minoans of Thera as it's factual (albeit exaggerated) protagonists.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I would tend to align Atlantis sometime around the Sumerian era, if not before that still.

Atlantis would be over the equator or south of the equator line in the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean.

Thats just my guess. Perhaps when you come face to face with an alien, you can always try asking

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join