It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how the hell did we miss this? 600 million indians getting bio-metric IDs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Source: economictimes.indiatimes.com...

BHUBANESWAR: Around 600 million Indians will get the much-cherished Unique Identification Number (UIN) in the next four years, helping implementation of various social welfare schemes.

"About 40,000 to 45,000 people have been enrolled by September 29, 2010. Many more will get the facility in one year and about 600 million in the next four years," Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) chairman Nandan Nilekani said here today.

UID, also known as Aadhaar number, will be helpful in opening a bank account , passport and ration card and many other things, he added.

I thought this was too crazy to be true, so I found it on wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...

And it basically confirms what everyone has been worried about from the start. Still, you have to appreciate the logistics involved, 600 MILLION PEOPLE. I mean, once this is implimented in india whats to stop them from trying it here?
edit on 3-1-2011 by fnord because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2011 by fnord because: I didn't fill out a reason before, and becuase I needed to fix it

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Not sure what you mean, do they implant the number in a chip in your body? Or a tattoo?

Looks to me as an identification number, issued by the government. Here in the Netherlands we all have such a number. I believe youre social security number is also something like that.

Not a surprise, we are just numbers to the government.
edit on 3-1-2011 by EarthOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Well that sucks. I hope they never try this here. Hopefully people will stand up for their rights and privacy.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthOccupant

From the wiki link.

The ID system is likely to be a large alpha-numeric string in order to accommodate the count of billion-plus citizens of India and ones that will be born in future. The card is likely to have a 16kb or 64kb storage chip embedded.Adding a photograph and biometric data would be planned progressively.

So will have a chip and biometric data stored on the card.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fnord

Maybe they are spreading propaganda in other countries that the US/UK have already implemented it with their populations, so the other countries are just following suit. Or could be they are starting to strictly withhold privileges until the population complies. Perhaps they have manipulated the population into a bind in order to mandate this.

What goes around comes around.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Yeah, I've read about it. Sound "Biblical" to me....you know what I mean. I wouldn't do that, call me all-fashioned but I like my ID in my wallet, not inside me.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Yeah, I've read about it. Sound "Biblical" to me....you know what I mean. I wouldn't do that, call me all-fashioned but I like my ID in my wallet, not inside me.

Did you read the article????

It's an ID card, not a chip inside your body.

The reason they are doing it is because there are 600 million people living in India. That's alot of people.

Second of all we all have I.D cards right now. They are called Drivers licenses. So now I.D cards in India that are simular driverse licenses is now consider a conspiracy????

What next.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gabrielle.Black

Originally posted by Trueman

Did you read the article????

It's an ID card, not a chip inside your body.

The reason they are doing it is because there are 600 million people living in India. That's alot of people.

Second of all we all have I.D cards right now. They are called Drivers licenses, and credit cards which have chips inside of them.

So now I.D cards in India that are simular driverse licenses is now consider a conspiracy????

You guy's are getting dumber, and dumber....

What next.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I see no conspiracy, here. I dont know how many ID cards you have in US. If it is only your drivers license, then thats why you dont get it. Here in Brazil I have several different ID cards in my wallet:

-ID card(its a generic ID card with my ID number,name, date of birth, my parents names and date of issue of the ID)
-CPF card. The CPF is a second ID number. People have CPF and companies have a CNPJ.
-drivers license
-Voters ID card(which allows you to vote. I saw it allows you to vote, but here it is mandqtory to vote)
-Army ID card. Here it is also mandatory to enlist in the army, although not everyone serves the army. Most are dispensed but everyone gets a card, even if it just says you were not chosen to serve.
-Professional ID card. Each profession in Brazil has a regulating council to which you must be part of, pay annual fees and get issued an ID card. Not every single profession has this, but many do.
-Passport.

Now, try walking around with all that in your wallet! Not to mention other documents required from you every now and then, like birth certificate, marriage certificate and so on. There are so many different documents for every single citizen that it becomes inpractical sometimes to organize everything. And when your wallet gets stolen, or you lose it somewhere, you have a horrible time trying to issue all those IDs again. Because they will send you to many different places, ask you to show many other different docments, pay varied fees and you have to wait for several varied periods of time for all those docments to get ready. Its just too much hassle.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This is them practicing. Perfecting techniques to make it as efficient as possible, for them.

It is coming to europe and the states, and when it does, there won't be any loopholes left.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

www.businesswire.com...
I'm pretty sure stuff is being designed for us all the time..connect the dots of money and business.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I don't know how many years Canada has had the Social Insurance Number (SIN), but it's been around for at least 60 years. We need one to work in this country. It proves we're citizens, and not illegal aliens. 9 digits.

Why is it called "bio-metric"? That makes it sound like an implant.
Maybe it just has important medical data, like whether or not someone has diabetes, or is allergic to certain medications. That would be a good thing, paramedics would know what not to do, if someone is found unconscious. Many people don't wear their medical bracelets.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by fnord

Who really needs to know who you are? Or what you are doing?

I worked in IT for 15 years before leaving. This is called asset management.

Are people just assets of a fictional entity called the state? Or the corporation?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This would be just like

THE REAL ID that America is implementing now.

It is coming VERY SOON

TO A WALLET IN AMERICA NEAR YOU!!!
edit on 3-1-2011 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
since i first heard of the RFID chip i knew how they were going to implement it. its a really bad thing and needs to be stopped before it finds its way into my life. nothing good can come from it. just look at all the cattle with ear tags. you know what happens to them

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I may have missed it, but I didn't see where it said anything about it being bio-metric??? The article just says its a number that sounds pretty similar to a SSN.

Edited to Add: Just read a bit more carefully and notice that it does say "bi-metric", but is that the same thing as biometric?
edit on 3-1-2011 by daryllyn because: Because I can : )

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gabrielle.Black

Really, I probably misunderstood it. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I don't know how many years Canada has had the Social Insurance Number (SIN), but it's been around for at least 60 years. We need one to work in this country. It proves we're citizens, and not illegal aliens. 9 digits.

Proof of ownership? Security, benefits and privileges in exchange for loyalty and allegiance?

Why is it called "bio-metric"? That makes it sound like an implant.

"Bio" means "biological" and "metric" means "measures". In essence, "bio-metric" are measurements associated with your physical human self. This should be your private property. If more people understood this they would be more outraged at the indiscretion of political diplomats stealing this information on foreign officials as per the WikiLeaks. No one seems to realize the importance. Bio-metric information includes fingerprints, eye-scans, DNA, etc.

By having a record associated with the physical characteristics of your human being self, it gives "perfection" to the state created entity which is evidenced by the documents you carry.

Maybe it just has important medical data, like whether or not someone has diabetes, or is allergic to certain medications. That would be a good thing, paramedics would know what not to do, if someone is found unconscious. Many people don't wear their medical bracelets.

The plan is to seduce you with such "benefits" as you just described. Convince you that its for your own good. Just remember that what can work for you can also very well work against you. Suppose you do end up on a paramedic's stretcher....and suppose someone more important than you are needs a transplant and you are the rare perfect match!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Every passport in the Eu has one of these. Its not some RFID chip its a memory chip in a plastic id card or passport.

new topics

top topics

join