It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I subjected myself to the common cold, for science...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
My girlfriend and I have been apart for two weeks due to my business travels, but I had the chance to come home for 3 days on New Years and I did, knowing she had a bad common cold.

I prepared for it this way:
2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar per day
multi-vitamins called "Source of Life" - Natures Plus which is one of the best.
1-2 1000mg garlic pills per day
additional vitamin c 1000mg

It's been 75 hours since I've been exposed, and within the last 3-4 hours I've started showing symptoms. I just ate some honey, drank 20oz of green tea and 16oz of water and will repeat the above list tomorrow, hopefully defeating this virus in its tracks.

I was confident in the natural remedies to fight it, so I'll keep you all updated on how this really works.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Here is some music for you to help you recover
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
My girlfriend and I have been apart for two weeks due to my business travels, but I had the chance to come home for 3 days on New Years and I did, knowing she had a bad common cold.

I prepared for it this way:
2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar per day
multi-vitamins called "Source of Life" - Natures Plus which is one of the best.
1-2 1000mg garlic pills per day
additional vitamin c 1000mg

It's been 75 hours since I've been exposed, and within the last 3-4 hours I've started showing symptoms. I just ate some honey, drank 20oz of green tea and 16oz of water and will repeat the above list tomorrow, hopefully defeating this virus in its tracks.

I was confident in the natural remedies to fight it, so I'll keep you all updated on how this really works.

Good idea, however, if its just a common cold it wouldnt have much of an impact on you unless you have other health concerns. Paracetamol and Ibuprofen will keep you on the move. I'd say for the sake of experiment you should expose yourself to Flu.

I recently had the Flu and whilst my friends and family struggled on with it for over a week, i got rid of mine in 3 days. What did i do?

1. Drank an entire 1litre carton of Fresh Orange
2. Chopped an onion and put it in boiled water and left it in my lounge for 24 hours
3. Ate Eggs for my meals
4. Went to bed and slept it away.

Within 3 days i was feeling fine. My brother was still ill after 4 days, my father-in-law was still ill after a week and my friends girlfriend was in hospital with it. My son has it now and is feeling better after a week (18months old) but my partner who must be immune as she is a nurse still hasnt got it after being exposed to it for weeks.

edit on 3/1/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/1/11 by jrmcleod because: spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well it's been Thursday that I was initially exposed, my gf is still sick and I am showing no symptoms.

Ran out of Multi-Vitamins today, switched temporarily to Mega Men Sport.

I drank a lot last night, so my immune system might have took a slight hit.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Good expirament.

It won't really prove anything unfortunatly.

My wife just got over the common cold and I had been around her the whole time, so has my 13 month old. My diet pretty much consists of 3 ham (processed) sandwhiches a day with 3 mountain dews followed up with a liter of water in between. I just made sure I didn't drink after her and I didn't get so much as a sniffle, neither did my little girl.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
Good expirament.

It won't really prove anything unfortunatly.

My wife just got over the common cold and I had been around her the whole time, so has my 13 month old. My diet pretty much consists of 3 ham (processed) sandwhiches a day with 3 mountain dews followed up with a liter of water in between. I just made sure I didn't drink after her and I didn't get so much as a sniffle, neither did my little girl.

Oh, she's been breathing, kissing, and coughing on me.
I'm sure I have the virus now, but will my immune system with the aid of supplements kill it before it makes me sick?

That is the question.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
today was day 6 since exposure, I woke up with a painful throat, but no other symptoms. My sore throat went away after about 10 minutes of being awake.

It might have been me breathing out of my mouth all night.

Switched back to Source of Nature vitamins, tomorrow will be adding vitamin D3 to my diet.

So far, so good

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Day 9...

I am sick, this sucks, my body didn't beat the virus during the incubation period.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I was only sick for 24 hours, all in all I'd say I fought it and won; I am 100% healthy now, and my woman is still sick.

Natural remedies worked.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I personally drink Hydrogen Peroxide water. You can buy food grade peroxide at health food stores, mines 12% sometimes you can get 35 but its being banned. I do not take any vitamins or anything else for health. Also, I do not eat healthy at all. I can sit in rooms full of sick people, and I don't catch anything. Sinuses? Nah not for me. Colds, flus nah never. I'm really not sure if its just my natural body makeup that fights everything off before it hits me or maybe because I drink the water. I definitely noticed results in my digestion when I started the water though. Just my 2 cents.
P.S don't flame if your against peroxide and drinking it, thanks

top topics

join