It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeopardy Winner: Smart guy, or good cheater?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The guy has been on an amazing winning streak on Jeapordy, breaking the all time record. This makes me think its one of 3 things:

1- He's really smart.
2- He's cheating.
3- The game is rigged.

I would like to analyze a few of his episodes before drawing conclusions which is hard since I dont TIVO.

Discuss.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 7-7-2004 by spangbr]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
LOL! A conspiracy in everything!

First of all, Jeopardy IS NOT RIGGED. lmao why oh why is there a conspiracy in everything?

The guy is lucky and smart, thats all.

no discussion, no conspiracy.

This is a stupid thread

-wD

[edit on 7-7-2004 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I've been watching the shows. He is a 25 day champion so far with over 770,000 thousand dollars. He is not cheating, he is just really good. I like the new rules, for before they had a 5 day rule. Can only be champion for 5 days, then no more. But they got rid of this rule and I am loving this!

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Still, there is no conspiracy in it.

So how does this relate to ATS?

-wD

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
who knows? there was that case where there was a team of cheaters on who wants to be a millionaire involving audience members if you recall, and also the scandal from the 50's, it wouldnt be the first time.

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Cheat:
news.scotsman.com...

Manhunter series rigged:
www.eonline.com...

1950's quiz show scandal:
www.inform.umd.edu...

watch the show and see if you find any way hes cheating if you can

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
He's probablly gonna spend it all on pocket protectors and lap dances....lol

Actually, I'm interested in what he really will do with all the money he's won...no doubt something....smart...? lol

I think the only conspiracy in jeopardy is the reasoning for making ol' Alex chop off his moustache...his head looks like a friggin elongated honeydew mellon now -

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Shouldnt all the replys in this thread start with "what is"

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Lord, it's Charles Van Doren all over again! I guess Alex Trebek will be testifying in front of a congressional subcommittee soon.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
What is spang states a true statement in saying that this wouldn't be the first scandal.

But I doubt that its a scandal, the guy is probably just smart. That plus the rule not limiting the champ to 5 days. So I think hes legit.

-wD

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What is Hes not that smart I mean I know almost everyone of the questions in that game and Im only in the ninth grade? What is And Im not exagerating? What is I could have won a million dollars by now if I was 18?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Don't the contestants have all the questions in advance, I mean all of them. They get a huge book of questions, not knowing which ones the show is going to ask?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If you had a little tiny speaker in your ear and a tiny microphone planted somewhere you could have someone google all of your answers for you. It would be enough to elevate a decent player to being unbeatable. One thing you could do this way would be to always bet it all on final jeapordy and be assured of winning.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well that may be true but how are you supposed to google a question like that in that amount of time?

He answers those questions fast, within a few seconds of being asked. There is no way that another person can transfer that info to you that fast.

I mean, this would be the process:

a. question is asked
b. person types ENTIRE question in google, gets a list of webpages, picks one, and reads page.
c. He answers.

Step b. takes WAY longer than a few seconds, unless the connection is like T10. I HIGHLY doubt that.

-wD

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
the guy's strategy is smart: Buzz into every question (or answer, as it is in the game) as soon as the clue has been read, if you're somewhat familiar with the subject. You'll notice that he usually thinks of the answers AFTER he has buzzed.

This allows him to control the board and, since most contestants know the majority of answers, given time, anyways, he'll almost always get more right than wrong.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It would make sure you got any questions the other people miss for one. It would also guarantee you of final jeapordy if you are behind. Maybe while hes "thinking" of the answer he is waiting for the answer to come through his speaker.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
the guy's strategy is smart: Buzz into every question (or answer, as it is in the game) as soon as the clue has been read, if you're somewhat familiar with the subject. You'll notice that he usually thinks of the answers AFTER he has buzzed.

This allows him to control the board and, since most contestants know the majority of answers, given time, anyways, he'll almost always get more right than wrong.

I agree.

I have been watching him and he is using strategy to great effect. He has also had many lucky guesses and luck finding daily doubles and such. If you think about it, 25 wins means he beat 50 opponents and answered questions in 13*25=325 categories. He probably has a photographic memory and is extremely well read.

Why must someone denigrate his acheivement by accusing him of cheating?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It is a conspiracy, one contrived by those Holidan Inn people. I'm telling you, the guy stayed at a Holiday Express last night.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
im betting that he'll break 1 million by the end of july if he keeps this up. any takers?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yeah, I could see him win a million and will be happy for him. I am for some reason delighted by the fact that this guy can win a million without the Millionaire help lines. This guy doesn't get phone a freind, 50/50, ask the audience, nothing. I hope he wins and wins until they decide to cancel jeporady unless he leaves, and then he leaves.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I know this is an old thread, but Kenny has fascinated me.
We've (meaning my husband and I) have come to the conclusion that :
a) he's really smart in a number of fields...very well rounded and
2) he's a clever strategist
No hanky panky going on here. This kid's the real deal.
joey

top topics

<<   2 >>

join