It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is your war on Terrorism ! America !

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Collateral damage no...war? Yes

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills

Collateral damage no...war? Yes

silly comment.....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

One who has never experienced war as yourself would tend to think so

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Sorry double post.
edit on 13-1-2011 by MarineSniper12Kills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

One who has never experienced war as yourself would tend to think so

And here was me thinking it was because I knew the definition of collareral damage..

Definitions of collateral damage on the Web:

•(euphemism) inadvertent casualties and destruction inflicted on civilians in the course of military operations

Or are you saying they were deliberatly targeted???

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Welcome to war.....did you think it was supposed to be innocent and pretty?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Welcome to war.....did you think it was supposed to be innocent and pretty?

lol, way to admit you were wrong.

BTW, last I heard it wasn't a war against Afghanistan..
If it was I might see your point....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

im sorry I didn't see anywhere where I said I was wrong, maybe you should get your eyes checked. When you crawl out of your whole, grow a set, and get over to afghanistan, you can see a war first hand. Taking lives every day, watcjing your friends die. Going from compound to compound for insurgents stockpiling weapons, or high ranking insurgents. Having bullets fly by you, taking metal to the face. That's war, and that's what's going on. Whether you want to live in fantasy land or not is your choice, obviously you do it well. When you want to know the truth from someone who has been there, not just gotten there info from anti govt sites and cnn, come see us.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The problem is that a lot of folks without any first hand experience in combat want to apply law-enforcement principles to wartime.

The goals of policemen are exact opposites of a soldier.

The policeman wants to use minimum force to effect an arrest.

Completely different weapons, completely different rules of engagement, completely different mindsets, completely different goals.

The soldier wants to kill the SOB.

So when an enemy combatant runs into a house or structure, no one is interested in risking their life to take them captive.

You blow the whole thing.

Mission accomplished.

If you don't want your house blown to ****, then don't allow the combatants to hold meetings in your house, don't allow them to gather at your house, and if you do, then make sure your family is clear when they do.

The meeting gets blown and your family is inside, their blood is on YOUR head.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

im sorry I didn't see anywhere where I said I was wrong, maybe you should get your eyes checked. When you crawl out of your whole, grow a set, and get over to afghanistan, you can see a war first hand. Taking lives every day, watcjing your friends die. Going from compound to compound for insurgents stockpiling weapons, or high ranking insurgents. Having bullets fly by you, taking metal to the face. That's war, and that's what's going on. Whether you want to live in fantasy land or not is your choice, obviously you do it well. When you want to know the truth from someone who has been there, not just gotten there info from anti govt sites and cnn, come see us.

lol...Nice rant simply because you don't know the definition of "collateral damage"
My eyes are fine..Rather than childish insults, why don't you take up the military offer of free studies..
I suggest English first..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I have a degree in criminal justice, and I do know the definition of collateral damage. Do you know the definition of war? Have you fought in a war and been given first hand experience in a war? No, you sit back and make assumptions on things you have no clue about except through cnn. If you want to talk about war on terrorism, go see what it is first hand. Your not even from this country, so go back to the cage you came from. People like you wouldn't last through boot camp.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I have a degree in criminal justice, and I do know the definition of collateral damage. Do you know the definition of war? Have you fought in a war and been given first hand experience in a war? No, you sit back and make assumptions on things you have no clue about except through cnn. If you want to talk about war on terrorism, go see what it is first hand. Your not even from this country, so go back to the cage you came from. People like you wouldn't last through boot camp.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Ahh what a load of (snip)
You know absolutely nothing about me..
Strange that you think you do...

Saying what you do under a fake name is easy, proving it is harder..
I know how the average soldier talks most of the time...
I'll leave it at that...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Enough said on both parts...let's get back on topic

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Enough said on both parts...let's get back on topic

Stared, much better use of time...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
If the US stays in the area for long enough, they'll get to kill all of the 15 year old males that were born since the initial invasion!
This war could last forever!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

So you think killing is fun? Have you seen a professional about that problem?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
There are no do overs, no respawning.
Must be that time of the year.....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
There are no do overs, no respawning.
Must be that time of the year.....

lol, took me a second to click..
Never heard the phrase "do over" used that way,
though I wont tell you what it meant when I was in school/

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
How's that broad brush you're painting vets working out for you? Simply because one vet has a viewpoint you don't agree with, you automatically think we all have that viewpoint?

Fair point. I wasn't trying to broad-brush, but I see that I did it anyway; apologies for that.

My thrust was that there are people who think being a veteran should be sole, or at least dominant criteria for leadership in our nation, or that being a veteran automatically makes a person's opinion weigh more. The poster I responded to is an example of why these sort of outlooks are wrongheaded; not every veteran is worthy of respect, simply for being a veteran.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join