It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is your war on Terrorism ! America !

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

And no matter how hard Iraq tried, they never could produce the paperwork that said they had other WMD apart from what we already knew they had. Not even the US or the inspectors.

We asked and asked for something that Iraq never had. And we keept on asking until we where prepared to go to war. In other words we denied everything and displayed false evidence and acusations in the UN, until we where ready to go to war.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ok so China will says that Thailand have weapons of mass destruction and they will invade Thailand ?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I was gone give you a flag but... then i saw your picture. Don't like people that are proud about their religion.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337

LoL you know when the op is now posting off topic postes this thread has been derailed. Honestly what was the point of this post? You told us something we all already knew. It's a war get over it!! Every country has been in this situation, and most people are perfectly content on blaming the American people. Thats ok because if god forbid the S(really)HTF you all would be begging for us to step in and save your sorry @ss like every other major conflict in the last decade.

The definition of a troll is someone who postes to just get a raise out of people. You sir look like a troll to me. Im busy at work and wont be checking back on this thread reply all you want I wont be back, this thread is a waste of time anyway.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The only reason America can inflict so much damage on the little brown people is because of the technology.

I would like to see if America could do this with the same technology as the little brown people.

or better yet....give both sides nothing more than swords and shields and then see who the victor really is.

Bush shares a name with his great-grandfather Prescott Bush... According to an 18 April 2000 article in the New York Times, "In 1988, when he was 12, [George P.] was an unwitting participant in a short-lived hullabaloo about the way his grandfather, then the vice president, introduced him and his two Mexican-American siblings to President Reagan. Vice President Bush affectionately called them 'the little brown ones.'"
www.who2.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

are u refering to russia? u guys didnt even do anything lol "sarcasm"

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
um, its been called a 'war', but its really an 'invasion'. look up the definitions and understand the history.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Many of those civilian deaths were not contributed to by the coalition forces, but by extremists who continued to fight from the shadows after the invasion.

So ya it is a war on terrorism, no matter what the OP thinks!!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I've seen so many different inflated numbers on "civilian" deaths, it's enough to make your head spin. Thus, I don't pay much attention, and could generally give a rat's fuzzy pucker.

There are so many old scores being settled between different groups - but some act as thought the US military is killing them. If the US military decided to go after civilians, you'd see complete de-populations of many segments of the country.

And that's not what we're seeing.

Are profits made during war? You betcha! That hasn't changed since the first recorded battle in 1479 BC, but a bunch of naive kids on here think that profit in war is a new, very recent, evil development distinctly American.

About that "torture" thing. One man's aggressive interrogation is another man's torture.

Here's the thing. When a non-unifomed combatant picks up a weapon, he LEGALLY ceases to exist. You catch him and the ranking soldier - even if he's a Private all by himself, can hold a summary execution in accordance with the Geneva Conventions.

Every breath he takes is at your convenience.

Logic says, if the non-uniformed combatant legally doesn't exist - then how in hell can you break the law by using aggressive interrogation techniques before busting his punkin?

Can't happen. And that's another screw-up we in the US have with our military leaders. They don't know their business. There should be no "detainees" at Gitmo. They should have been executed long ago in the field where they were found.

All these sensitivities - and you are bitching about things you have no legal standing to bitch about.

Profits in war will be made. Civilians, aka enemy enablers, will be killed in the prosecution of battle. Rules of war will be followed most of the time. You may not like some of the allowances, but you don't make the rules.

Get over yourself.

edit on 4-1-2011 by FarArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

It seems quite apparent that you should be the one getting over yourself. You try and speak in terms of logic regarding the death of other human beings all under the pretense that those humans were not "real" in a legal sense. You forget to include the utmost important part of the equation which is morality, you know, the do not kill factor. Do you not have compassion for another man or have you convinced yourself that your just a lean mean fightin machine. Must be real awkward around your place come Thanksgiving. Usually, the guy with the inability to express respect for human life outwardly is the one with the ego problem. You really are not as tough as you think you are or try to portray yourself.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Your outrage is understandable. Whats taking place is a genocide, the new Holocaust.

Slightly off topic but, please, stop acting as though wikileaks is the second coming. I would argue that Assange is a CIA asset, especailly after he denied 9/11 Truth. The guy has yet to release any real state secrets.

This was reported years ago:

Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health estimates that 655,000 Iraqis have died since 2003

British medical journal The Lancet reports that 642,000 Iraqis have died since the U.S.-led invasion

edit on 4-1-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Takes a guy who's never served to point out that a fellow sf is not tough? Lmfao my god...so they spend billions upon billions each year to train us to not be tough. If we had no regard for human life, iraq would be depopulized.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

Its equally hilarious that you think your military training qualifies you as somehow more equipped than other martial artists and men with more raw physical power than you. Ive hung out with many of your ilk, usually puny. Man to man in a normal fighting situation, marines aren't all that tough. A lot of outward bravado and intentionally dark/morbid cliches, but cmon dude, if your a pip squeak your a pip squeak. Save your fancy suit a and pressure point choke holds for the movies. You my friend, have been brainwashed to think your something your not - and also that its OK to kill. Both are very sad things for someone to let you be brainwashed about.

The marines dont spend billions on field training and secondly you cant polish a turd...

The last part doesn't make much sense. You stated that If you had no compassion for humans you would take out all of Iraq. Following that logic, would you also take out every other country and human being until the planet was empty?
You sound just like Dirty Harry with that talk but I'm sure your parents taught you better!
edit on 4-1-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2011 by Salamandy because: misunderstood 3rd point

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy
reply to post by FarArcher

It seems quite apparent that you should be the one getting over yourself. You try and speak in terms of logic regarding the death of other human beings all under the pretense that those humans were not "real" in a legal sense. You forget to include the utmost important part of the equation which is morality, you know, the do not kill factor.

There are those among us who HAVE no "do not kill factor". "Killing", in the abstract, is a necessity for survival. Any thing you eat - and I mean ANYTHING - will either have been killed beforehand, or will die during the eating or shortly thereafter.

Regarding the killing of humans, AKA "homicide", that's not always a bad thing, and often is also a necessity for survival - you just don't eat 'em, unless you're pretty damn twisted. Perhaps you're confusing "homicide" with "murder", or equating "killing" with murder. They are not at all the same thing. My own personal code of "morality" dictates that if someone is going to kill me, I'm duty bound to kill them right back.

That includes folks traipsing along a battlefield, gun in hand. I can't say that I much care if they're wearing a uniform, civvies, or skivvies. The gun in hand is the attention getter.

YOU can ignore the laws of War all you please, but a soldier has to be cogent of them, and abide, to keep his own ass out of a sling. So then, legalities may not mean much to you, but to a fighter it could be his whole world.

Tells me you're not a fighter, and so haven't got the foggiest whereof you speak.

Do you not have compassion for another man or have you convinced yourself that your just a lean mean fightin machine. Must be real awkward around your place come Thanksgiving. Usually, the guy with the inability to express respect for human life outwardly is the one with the ego problem. You really are not as tough as you think you are or try to portray yourself.

Simply walking around inside a "human" carcass doesn't rate "compassion". There are lots of folks around in the world who bear human bodies outwardly, but who would as soon cut your throat as look at you. YOU can have "compassion" for them all day long. I'll reserve MY compassion for their victims.

I'm selective like that. I have always told my kids that there really ARE monsters out there, but you won't usually finds them hiding under the bed or in the closet - you will find them hiding behind a human skin.

As a side note, I'm acquainted with the individual to whom you addressed your attempt at a put down regarding his "toughness". I assure you - although I can't really say that I'll lose much sleep over it if you don't believe - that the gent you are addressing there is a good bit tougher than you can possibly conceive of. The fault may lie in a faulty concept of what "toughness" entails. Sounds like your concept may have had it's genesis in Hollywood.

You just never know who's REALLY tapping on those keys.

edit on 2011/1/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

SF mess up to some times. A unit is never better then the people who serve in it, no matter how much they practice.

I can understand how some civilians get killed, and i can mention the two most common.

1. Civilians don't know army rules of engagement. They dont know how to act in front of a unit/soldier, who have specific training to act on specific behaviour. So they go aggressive or open fire.

2. Language barrier. Stop/halt might not mean stop or halt in their native language. This can create misunderstandings and chaos. Because the soldier/unit don't get the reaction they expect. So they go aggressive or open fire.

A lot of civilians get shot because of communication problems, their native custom of behaviour and routines. That differ from our expectations.

When we want to give a direct order we very often dont get the reaction we want or expect. Because very often civilians are not accustomed to our way of communications. And how we want them to act.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

What fighting situation is" normal"? Lmao hollywood is hollywood, glad to see where you get your information though. I give you kudos though I do not think I have ever met anyone so dumb. Martial arts is not what we are taught, we are taught while you throw your spin kicks and perform your katas, I will either rip your throat out...or put a bullet in everyone in your dojo before they can get on there knees. Seriously?....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I understand exactly what your saying, but if a civilian is not accustomed to our training how can they tell me otherwise? You yourself is accustomed yes....diff branch diff country but all in all same parties had rigorous training in whatever field or specialty as well as basic. I just don't understand how someone who hasn't had any training can tell someone who has....that it is nothing,

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy

Its equally hilarious that you think your military training qualifies you as somehow more equipped than other martial artists and men with more raw physical power than you. Ive hung out with many of your ilk, usually puny. Man to man in a normal fighting situation, marines aren't all that tough. A lot of outward bravado and intentionally dark/morbid cliches, but cmon dude, if your a pip squeak your a pip squeak. Save your fancy suit a and pressure point choke holds for the movies. You my friend, have been brainwashed to think your something your not - and also that its OK to kill. Both are very sad things for someone to let you be brainwashed about.

The marines dont spend billions on field training and secondly you cant polish a turd...

The last part doesn't make much sense. You stated that If you had no compassion for humans you would take out all of Iraq. Following that logic, would you also take out every other country and human being until the planet was empty?
You sound just like Dirty Harry with that talk but I'm sure your parents taught you better!

edit on 4-1-2011 by Salamandy because: misunderstood 3rd point

See? THIS is the sort of post that tells me you get your concepts from Hollywood. "Martial artists"? "Raw physical power"? I once saw one of your "pipsqueaks" (not a Marine, just your average, run-of-the-mill pipsqueak) dangling a "Martial artist" against a wall, saying through gritted teeth "that tae kwon do mess ain't doing you much good now, huh?" as the Bruce Lee wannabe helplessly dangled his heels. Brother Pipsqueak wasn't all that huge or "physically powerful" either - but damn, was he ever ticked off!

There are all kinds of martial arts in the world. Almost all of them will tell you, in those quiet, honest moments, that "physical power" won't do you much good if you ain't got a clue what to do with it. Speed and accuracy are FAR more important, as is sheer will.

It ain't the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

That "brainwashing" business can be viewed another way - it appears that YOU ave been brainwashed to think the "killing" is somehow wrong. Usually, when folks with that particular defect run across someone not encumbered with that fantasy, the results don't turn out very well - unless they have someone willing to get off his ass and protect them around.

That fella you're insulting? He one of them that's willing to get off his ass and do what's necessary so that you can continue to spew vitriol against him another day.

Kind gives a different perspective on just who is the better man.

Pop in another movie. I'll bring the popcorn.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Funny you bring up monsters hiding behind human skin. Sounds like they might be also hiding in your mirror sometimes?
You argue that murder is just if it is human vs animal for the practical purposes of food, etc. OK agreed, but your deflecting, much like with those bologna cliches you resort to (brainwashing 101). Human killers arent cool in my world
And there it is again... Tough guy babble. I could care less about who you know or who is behind a posters keyboard. I would defend myself if attacked and disable them from any further attempts at harming me or family. I'm not a violent man but if provoked I will defend myself and your acquaintance would be no exception to my rules. You even stated this yourself in your last post.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Big movie like set up to try and convince me killing is right. Not gonna work. And your scenario about the martial artists and your buddy, now THAT sounds like you're reading write off a Hollywood script!
Ever really been in a fight? We all know damned well the bigger guy doesnt always win.
The fight in you is way less than in me because I have something called moral fibers on my side to give me that extra umph when the limits are pushed (if you wanna play that game).

And one more thing... I have had family members die for this country so you better appreciate the time youve been given to sit there typing justified violence speech on your keyboard to the world.

Now go ahead, what do i think about my past family members being military. Basically times were different, we have more info now. But thats for another topic

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join