It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is your war on Terrorism ! America !

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
reply to post by spy66

I did and I could find nothing to back your claim. Figures.

Why dont you use sources to clarify and set me straight "please", if sources is what you your self want?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Are you not aware of that honey bun? It depends on which branches of the govt. I know the military does not believe he is alive. Still in all those quotes you failed to show where I debunked you. Since you keep going on about it, do you think I did?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Sources are what everyone wants. If your going to say 911 was an inside job etc...show the reports.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Yes, human rights are not really human rights are they
More like human privileges. A lot of people have lost their human rights in this war on terror, just when they really needed them the most.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Sources please? Lmao ok sorry ill stop.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

On a serious note...I DO agree with u though

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

Sources are what everyone wants. If your going to say 911 was an inside job etc...show the reports.

God are you joking me? You must be an American.

I will not make it easy for you. You will have to read this your self lol.

www.historycommons.org... ne

Enter the timelines on the top. And read it all. The 911 timeline is on that page.

Tell me when your done and i will give you another link.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Equinox99

I did two tours in Iraq....let the flaming begin....

This may come as a shock to you, but not all Iraq war veterans share the same view as you do.

In fact, I've met a few here in Canada that left the US after completing their tours. They signed up for the money, ended with first hand experience of what is really going on over there and so they left the American empire and its warmongering.

I even knew a marine who was involved in initial combat operations in Iraq (and awhile after); I kept in contact with him for a few months during. His description wasn't very peachy; defending their bases against heavily armed insurgents, killing wounded insurgents trying to crawl away as per orders, watching his friend get hit by an RPG right beside him... He didn't really see the political side to the battle, just a job where he had to kill anyone carrying a gun who wasn't in a Western uniform.

Thanks, I appreciate that, and I am used to it on these forums. No biggie. In person it is a completely different reaction.

I would tell you the same to your face too.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Are you not aware of that honey bun? It depends on which branches of the govt. I know the military does not believe he is alive.

You are trying to split hairs no one but you are bringing to the table. Have you not estate planning and STD screening to do?

Still in all those quotes you failed to show where I debunked you.

You never did. I never claimed you did. Phatpackage claimed you did. Ask him to quote it.

Since you keep going on about it, do you think I did?

No, I never thought you did. You do not seem to sure yourself of what you did. Maybe you need some rest. 4 pages of empty one liners does not seem real motivated. I do not keep going on about anything. I just keep responding to you and then asking you to get over and it get back on topic.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

It wouldn't matter at this point even if 9/11 wasn't an inside job. 66,000+ civilians in Iraq vs 3000 Americans... That's 22 times the number of innocent civilians killed.

So if 9/11 was the reason for going into Iraq (and we all know it was, tied it with a bunch of rhetoric about WMDs and "war on terror") then we have become at least 22 times worse than those terrorists. And you know those numbers are a lot less than we're actually killing over there.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

And I agree, diff vets have totally different views. Some are motivated by watching there friends die, others by receiving a bs order by your CO. I had a complete diff mindset until as you said with your friend....I had a guy I looked at as an older brother killed. It changes you alot good and bad. I liked the cat and mouse game. I enjoyed knowing someone was hunting me 800 yards out while at the same time he knew I was hunting him.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Are you finished? This thread seemed to move back on topic.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

And I agree, diff vets have totally different views. Some are motivated by watching there friends die, others by receiving a bs order by your CO. I had a complete diff mindset until as you said with your friend....I had a guy I looked at as an older brother killed. It changes you alot good and bad. I liked the cat and mouse game. I enjoyed knowing someone was hunting me 800 yards out while at the same time he knew I was hunting him.

Alright, I'll give you that. You may be ignorant but at least you are worthy of your stripes

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

It wouldn't matter at this point even if 9/11 wasn't an inside job. 66,000+ civilians in Iraq vs 3000 Americans... That's 22 times the number of innocent civilians killed.

So if 9/11 was the reason for going into Iraq (and we all know it was, tied it with a bunch of rhetoric about WMDs and "war on terror") then we have become at least 22 times worse than those terrorists. And you know those numbers are a lot less than we're actually killing over there.

The problem is that the US dont care about how many civilians they have killed. What matter to them is how many civilians the insurgents have killed.

It is all about who is killing the civilians. The US sees it like this. We have killed civilians to protect our own presence, and they see that as justifying to their cause.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I knew it didn't matter if i gave you a link. You are to lazy to read them.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Not sure who you think you are fooling.

Originally posted by Sinnthia
I just keep responding to you and then asking you to get over and it get back on topic.

Give the topic a try. I know I asked you to about 5 times now.

"Here is your war on Terrorism ! America !"

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Marines are people to. Just be there for your friends, they need tremendous support when they get back whether they left the military or not. Canada sounds like a great place for me also. Military wont pay my therapy. Lol not joking either.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Well considering the US is acting like they are the world police by arresting individuals all over the world and throwing them in their own military prisons.

Okay. That does nothing whatsoever to address why you think they are deserving of a trial, which is a luxury afforded to civilians. Using a trite phrase like "acting like" means nothing. I can "act like" a banker, but that won't make me rich. I can "act like" a movie star, but that won't make me handsome.

I also see these "enemy combatants" as human beings, kind've like myself. They deserve to have a trial just like I do, or their captors do. Otherwise, they are assumed to be less than human and under the laws.

Sure. No one said they aren't HUMAN, just that they aren't civilians. According to the Geneva Conventions, "enemy combatants" are not afforded civilian luxuries when captured. Those "luxuries" would include a trial while hostilities are ongoing. The only time a trial comes into play is at the end of hostilities, if they are accused of war crimes. Interestingly, if they are captured on the battlefield without a uniform, they are fair game for summary execution on the spot, also according to the Geneva Conventions. In light of that, they're probably pretty lucky to have been imprisoned by the Evil Americans.

At least they're still breathing.

There was once another powerful, agenda-driven group of people that detained "inferior" people before without recognizing any rights or morales... They were called Nazis.

Uh huh - but again you seem to be confusing "civilians" with "enemy combatants". The difference is clearly delineated in the Geneva Conventions. While the Nazis were taking POWs and holding them, so were the Americans, the British, the Italians, the Japanese - every nation involved in that war - and most other wars as well.

Now, I assume you were referring to the Nazi habit of rounding up Jews, Homosexuals, and other "undesirables" in their eyes, and holding them in concentration camps. The fundamental difference is that those groups actually WERE civilians, not "enemy combatants", and were not picked up on the battlefield during the course of hostilities.

a country has to have grounds to go war and it has to be approved by the U.N security council.

What on Earth would make you think that?

It's called international law. If you don't follow the universally accepted rules of engagement, then you will obviously be deemed by the world to be a menace to our global society and a threat to peace. The US utterly ignored the rules of engagement and conducted a war without provocation, to the objection of the UN. This is a good example of why people all over the world now recognize the US as a hostile nation.

Ah, yes, "International Law". Again I ask, please cite the law involved that was violated to make this illegal, the one that requires the UN Security Council to authorize any and all hostilities. Surely you are aware that the Rules of Engagement are in play after a war commences, and are not a pre-requisite to declaration of war? Do you know what RoE are?

Whether you want to admit it or not, there WAS "provocation", the only thing in question is whether it rose to the level to justify war. For me, it did not when everything is taken into consideration, but that in no way makes the war "illegal", just poorly thought out.

edit on 2011/1/4 by nenothtu because: I needed to fix bad BB code.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Marines are people to. Just be there for your friends, they need tremendous support when they get back whether they left the military or not. Canada sounds like a great place for me also. Military wont pay my therapy. Lol not joking either.

Yes, they are people who don't recognise that they are political tools for doing dirty jobs that will scar them for life.

A fresh soldier has no problem going to war first time around. He practically wishes for it happen. If he is asked to fight a new war, he will wish it wont happen. Because its not as cool as he had imagined it to be. Its called growing up and learning.

Why should we give support to people who are ignorant to peoples opinions before they go to war?

If they where only fighting for our safety i would give them full support. But when they make our world a much worse place to live, i will not say that they are doing the right thing.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

All this experience in knowing what a combat soldier thinks, or changes his mind about between tours - exactly how in hell do you know?

One other thing. Military members aren't clones. Not all think just alike. Not all find the same preferences. Not all find the same aversions. Not all react the same way to identical stimulus.

So please enlighten us with your perspective after filling us in on your vast personal experience on combat soldier's thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join